Basketball 4 L1f3-

This blog is for Miss Jovanovich's algebra and geometry classes to share ideas, ask questions, and reflect on what skills and topics we are studying. If we are lucky, we might even get a chance to connect with other students studying the same stuff.

by teacher: Tina Jovanovich

Article posted June 11, 2012 at 11:28 AM GMT • comment • Reads 43

Bloggies!

Hello again! My week has been pretty good, I am getting excited for school to be out and being able to have a great summer. I have still been studying for the final and I am going to show you another problem that I looked at. Number 37 on page 390. It was a pretty easy question but it was helpful to cover the entire unit on arcs. It shows a circle and gives you a small arc measure of 30 degrees and you had to find the other arc. The answer would be 330 degrees. But have a nice week. This is my last blog, I didn't enjoy this at all and won't miss it.

Article posted June 11, 2012 at 11:24 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

My blogger people,

So last weekend this website was down so I couldn't blog but I am now. My week was pretty good, I started looking for problems to help me study for the final because I need to do good on it. I know most of the material pretty well but some of it I am a little shady on. One problem that I studied was number 35 on page 474. In it you have to find the value of y when given x. Next to it is a diagram showing where the values are placed. To find the answer you use tangent of y and do the math from there with your calculator. If done correctly the answer should be 71.6

Blogger people!

So this past week we learned some trigonometry. In order to remember what combination goes with either sine, cosine, or tangent, we learned the phrase SOH CAH TOA. I find this phrase to be not that helpful because I just memorized them, but next year when we come back to this I will definitely not remember it but this will keep it in my mind forever. I am hoping I did good on my scratch project but we will see. School is almost over and I am getting itchy to just be out, so hopefully it comes fast. But I will talk to you people next week!

Love,

Kevin

Article posted May 21, 2012 at 02:05 AM GMT • comment • Reads 33

My blogging buddies!

My weekend was an experience and a half. I went down to Springfield, Mass and played against some of the best teams in New England. I drove down with my team which was a pretty fun time, we had a fire extinguisher actually go off in the van and we all thought we were going to die, but anyways, back to class. This past week was like always, I found the test to be a little difficult but I think I did alright on it. As far as blogging about something special I have no idea what it is supposed to be so I am just going wing and and yeah. Have a nice week

Love, Kevin

Article posted May 14, 2012 at 11:14 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

Bloggers!

My weekend was pretty good the homework is easy. Special triangles are pretty basic. If it's a 30_60_90 then you need the shortest leg. From there the long leg is times root three that and the hypotenuse is double it. For a 45_45_90 triangle its a little different. Both legs are the same since it's isosceles and the hypotenuse is times root two that. These to tricks are really helpful because they save you a lot of time because you dont have to use the Pythagorean theorem. Have a nice weekend!

Kevin

Article posted May 7, 2012 at 02:08 AM GMT • comment • Reads 44

My blogger followers!

I had a good weekend. First weekend with no tournament so I just got to gather my thoughts. Class this week was pretty good too. The homework has been fairly simple. I had problems with with a few of the answers but I figured it out. The formula for the pythagorean theorem is asquared+bsquared=csquared. It is very usefull to find the 3rd measurement of a triangle. I find it to be really useful while doing anything with triangles. Summer is almost here I am excited. Well, have a nice week bloggers!

Love,

Kevin

Bloggers!!!

Whats been up?? Class has been pretty good. My scratch project is coming out alright for just the beggining. Still a lot of work to do though. I have another basketball tournament this weekend so wish me luck!

Love, Kevin

Bloggers!

So I forgot to talk about reflections, which was what we are learning in class right now. I find them very easy, you simply draw the line of reflection then the the prime of each point based off of that line. I think it's pretty cool that you can completely copy a figure like that with actually using a mirror or something. Anyways, I was just talking about those real quick!

Have a nice week,

Kevin

My fellow bloggers!

What's been up? My vacation was pretty good. I just hungout and played around on scratch a little bit. Class has been the usual, looking over homework and all that other stuff. I have a tournament in Connecticut this weekend against some of the best teams in New England. Wishe me luck!

Till next time,

Kevin

Article posted April 9, 2012 at 03:19 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

Yo blog creepers,

I'm sick so I don't really wanna say much. Class has been good. I have been playing around with scratch and I am getting pretty good at it. Hopefully my project turns out good as well. Have a wonderfull week. Counting down the days until April vacation!

Love,

Kevin

Basketball is my favorite sport, I like the way they dribble up and down the court. I like slam dunk, to take me to the hoop My favorite play is the alley-oop I like the pick-and-roll I like the give-and-go