Killer Panda

This blog is for Miss Jovanovich's algebra and geometry classes to share ideas, ask questions, and reflect on what skills and topics we are studying. If we are lucky, we might even get a chance to connect with other students studying the same stuff.

teacher: Tina Jovanovich

Hello freshmen, and welcome to high school. I hope you all are having a good year so far. As you probably can tell high school is a lot different than middle school. Here are some words of wisdom for you.

1. Be mature and don't act stupid.

2. Try to make friends with upper classmen.

3. Get involved with different groops.

4. Do a sport, I recommend cross country, indoor and outdoor track. I loved it.

5. Stay positive about everything.

6. Don't slack off in classes.

7. All the teachers here are good.

8. Don't single out any teachers.

9. Don't do drugs or alcohol just to look cool, because it's not.

10. Just have fun sometimes but not to much.

I hope these tips with help you get throw your first year of high school. Have a good rest of the year.

Hey everyone. For the past week we have been discussing graph interpretation. The graph you see below is the graph that we have been studying. We had to write a script about the graph and pretend that we were on the radio discussing the race. Click on the pod cast to listen to it. You better like it because I got really frustrated during the recording. I hope you like it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I hope you like my pod cast. Feel free to comment on it and read some of my other blogs. talk to you later.

For home work I had to come up with a conversion example. The conversion problom is, if you travel 300 miles, how many feet did I travel.

The way to solve this problom is the first step is, to look at a conversion chart to find out how many feet are in a mile(5,280). After you find that out you then times 300mi by 5,280ft. But before you do that you must redos mile so you are left with feet. Then you should come up with the anser 1,584,000 feet and thats how we would solve this problem.

Article posted January 20, 2012 at 01:23 AM GMT • comment • Reads 33

The distributive property is another thing we have just started. I am doing well with it but still need practice. Here is a web site that might help.

Combining like terms is something we have just stare but I am getting better at this. Here is a web site that might help.

http://www.algebrahelp.com/lessons/simplifying/combiningliketerms/

Article posted January 20, 2012 at 01:23 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

Translating sentences is probably one of the hardest out of the 8. Here is a web site that might help.

http://www.purplemath.com/modules/translat.htm

Evaluating Expressions can be easy to me sometimes and sometimes they can be hard for me. Here is a web site that might help.

http://www.math.com/school/subject2/lessons/S2U2L3GL.html

Now order of operations is one of my stronger math skills. Here is a web site that might help if you have a hard time with this.

Article posted January 20, 2012 at 01:22 AM GMT • comment • Reads 33

Integers I do all right with but, sometime it can be tricky. Here is a web site that might help.

http://www.mathgoodies.com/lessons/vol7/operations_integers.html

Comparing numbers or placing them on a number line I don't do very well with because, I am not the best with rollers or number lines. Here is a web site that might help.

http://www.free-training-tutorial.com/math-games.html

Article posted January 20, 2012 at 01:22 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

Real numbers are my least favorite because there are so many different places and categories numbers could go. Here is a web site that might help.

http://www.helpalgebra.com/onlinebook/realnumbersystem.htm

My teacher has given us 8 math topics that we need to talk about, and then we need to find a web sit that would help us with that math topic. I am going to do a blog for each one. I will explain if it is easy or not for me. I will then post a web site that might help with the topic. I hope that you find this useful.

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 01:02 AM GMT • comment • Reads 34

Hy guys,

Mid Terms are coming up in two weeks This will be my first mid term exams. I am going to have to study hard for the exams, and I am not looking forward to spending my whole weekend studying. I feel I am going to have trouble with some of the things that are going to be on the tests. From a scale of one to ten, one being the worst, ten being the best, I think naming real numbers are 4, comparing and ordering real numbers 7-8, adding and subtracting integers 9, multiplying and dividing integers 4-5, order of operations 7,absolute value 8, evaluating expressions 8, translating 3, and solving 1-step equations 9.

My thought about the exams are that I am nervous about them because this will be my first time taking them. Some questions that I have are, how many questions are going to be on each test, what are some of the things that are going to be on the test.

I understand what the schedule is and when all my exams are. I know somewhat how they affect my grade.

To start getting ready for the exams I can: 1 look offer all my papers in my binder, 2 I can practice doing problems that are going to be on the test, 3 I can ask teachers for review packets.

Hey everyone,

Quarter two is going great so far. The quarter is especially going great in math. I'm loving what we are learning in math, and I can’t wait to find out what we are learning next. In this blog I have to talk about some goals I want to set or I have accomplished. Well, lets start with some goals for this quarter. I hope to get better at reading and my spelling. As you witnessed in some of my other blogs. Some goals I think I have accomplished are I am definitely better at spelling. I'm not so good at reading. So I hope I have done what was required in this blog and I hope everyone has a great Christmas and happy new year.

Hey guys,

I'm going to show you how to solve an Equation that I even have a hard time with.

The Equation is....

(-4x)-6=27

The first thing I would do is switch -6 to +6 and add it 6 to 27. After that I have to divide -4x by -4 and then divide-4 by 33. Then you get the answer 8.25.

Thanks for reading this and I hope you will try this your self.

Thanks guy <-.->

Today I have to talk about how I struggle in order of operations and what I gain from it. The article I read could help you if you struggle with order of operations. The article also explains the steps you ned to take to finish the problem. The web sit also gives good examples which might help you. So, visit this web sit at http://www.purplemath.com/modules/orderops.htm

Thanks for reading.

Hi my name is Crewe. I am a freshman in high school, so far I am loving it. The teachers are good the students are nice and I have a lot more freedom then middle school. There is a lot of home work I don't really like and a lot I have to make for my classes, but besides that I am loving high school.