Sara's Blog

This blog is for Miss Jovanovich's algebra and geometry classes to share ideas, ask questions, and reflect on what skills and topics we are studying. If we are lucky, we might even get a chance to connect with other students studying the same stuff.

teacher: Tina Jovanovich

06/12/12
Freshman Advise 06/12/12
Looking Ahead 12/15/11
Half of Quarter 2 12/07/11
Tech 5 11/03/11
Sarah's First Blog 10/05/11

Looking back at the beginning of the year this year was a very fun year at the High School. Stuff that upcoming freshman should know to make you not to nervous to come in is just be your self first of all. Second of all, do your self a favor and just do what your teachers tell you to do. Do your homework because I fell behind a little bit in the middle of the year, and it was hard for me to catch up. Don't be late for any of your classes. In the mornings, be in school on time because if you are late you get a Saturday detention because they want you to be in school on time. Now if you have a parent excuse you from being late or they call the school to tell them that your late then you don't get one, but if you just show up because you overslept then you get a punishment for it. One of the best tools that you could have is be prepared for class! Have a pencil, use your planbook, and have everything you need for that day. It's like middle school, just do the right things, and you will be a star student. Do not skip class and walk around the halls. You will see upperclassment doing that, but that might be because they're in a study hall, or they're just not where they need to be. One key, when you have math class, like Ms. Jovanovich, her class is the one of the best classes I had this year. She is one of the teachers I know that is strick because she wants you to do the right thing. Do not be late for her class. Help yourself and just go to her class ontime because she is the teacher that will give you a detention for being late. The first time that you're late she will be lenient with you a couple of times just so you get the point, but then she will give you the detention. Have open communication with her too, not just with her but with all your teachers. They tell you in middle school that your academics count right? Well in high school do your best and don't fail your classes because you will have to retake them, and you won't want that jut because you will be behind and falling down the cracks. The good thing about it, is if you really are having a hard time in the specific class and you do need the help and it comes to the end of the year and you just don't get it, you can retake it and you will get the credit, but don't slack off because then the teacher will say that you were fooling around the whole entire year and that's your fault.
Just have an awesome time in high school because it goes by so fast. I know you may have heard that so many times, but it really honestly does. I never knew that next year would have come by. It feels like yesturay I walked in as a freshman. So enjoy yourself, and enjoy it. Mr. Siroris is the assistent princible and I go in his office all the time and sit with him and just talk with him. He's the most funniest guy you could have as a princible. He's not scary, I promise!
Enjoy yourself and have a great time!!

Article posted June 12, 2012 at 10:34 AM • comment • Reads 39 • see all articles