Elizabeth's Blog-

This blog is for Miss Jovanovich's algebra and geometry classes to share ideas, ask questions, and reflect on what skills and topics we are studying. If we are lucky, we might even get a chance to connect with other students studying the same stuff.

by teacher: Tina Jovanovich

Hello again! Right now in class we are working on Conversion problems! We are learning how to figure them out and how to write them. So I am going to give you the Conversion problem that I have made up.
Conversion problem: Today I went for a walk. I walked 15,000ft, how many miles did I walk?
how you figure this out is: (15,000ft/1) (1mi/5280ft) = (15,000/5280) = 2.8miles
What I did is you take how many feet you walk and put it over 1, then you take how many feet are in a mile (which is 5280) then you put that over 1mile and then you multiply the top and the bottom and you should get a fraction then you divide the top by the bottom and that’s how you get the answer!!

Article posted March 4, 2012 at 07:02 PM • comment • Reads 50 • see all articles