Let's Blog-

Blogging is a fun, engaging way to write!

by teacher: Mrs. Freitas

This is my blog of how the Everglades were created I hope you enjoy this blog. One day a long time ago in the age of the seashell s, it was just sea and the seashells. Then the seashells started to turn into limestone very slowly. Over the decades the limestone rose from the water and created land. There were many storms and the storms caused the limestone to erode. This made many holes in the limestone. Water filled the holes and created lakes. One of the lakes is called Lake Okeechobee, which over flowed, thus creating a river. One celled plants grew then they died and made the soil rich with minerals and nutrients. Helping saw grass, trees, and other plants grow. Animals started appearing like deer, otters, fish, birds, and the amazing alligator. The Everglades was thriving the Indian tribe Seminoles appeared. It was all good in the Everglades. That is how the Everglades were created.

The everglades started at the age of the sea shells, after eons the sea shells turn to limestone. It rained and the limestone got wholes and filled up. Then the river filled up and spilled then made the everglades, there were all kind of reptile’s amphibians and mammals. And thousands of fish for the crocodiles to eat.

Totch Brown is a person that lives in the Everglades. In the Everglades people burn saw grass. The question is, is burning saw grass good? Totch thinks burning saw grass is good. You may think differently but let’s hear what Totch had said about saw grass.

On the article online that Totch put said he thinks burning saw grass is good, but why? Well, Totch has put some reasons that you might want to hear. One reason is that he said that the fire wouldn’t burn the land. He also said that when the fire burns the fire goes to the marsh. That way the fire would die out.

You may think that burning saw grass would harm the environment. The fire is actually needed in the Everglades. That’s right, the Everglades need the fire. “What?!” You might ask. Yes, just listen to what Totch Brown had said.

He said that when the fire burns the saw grass the saw grass would die, but there is a bright side. Now that all the spiky saw grass is all gone there is more land. More land means more breeding ground. More breeding ground more animals. Before when the saw grass was still there the animals can not breed on it because it was too spiky for them. Saw grass is a very sharp and spiky plant.

Luckily, the saw grass has been burned. Plus there is lots more saw grass in the Everglades so it’s okay to burn some.

Now you see, burning saw grass is good for the environment and the animals. Now that you heard what Totch Brown had said, I’m sure you agree.

Hi my Name is Lucas and I can't wait to be bloging this year. I hope you like my blogs so stay tuned for more reading