5th Grade Reading and Social Studies---> The Reading Lab is where bright young readers come to discuss, through in-depth dialogue, literature that they are reading._____ The Social Studies Parlor is where students respond to critical questions related to different aspects of Social Studies, and then discuss their responses through thoughtful discussions.

teacher: Mr. Volkman

I think that the francicans were bad to the natives because they took the natives land and forced them to work for them and at night they snuck into there village and took there food,and clothes. another reason is that the francicans fought with them because they did not give them any more land even after they had enough.

I think that the Franciscans were bad for the Natives because, the Franciscans tried to have the Natives stop worshiping their gods and start worshiping the Franciscans' gods. But when the Natives didn't the Franciscans started forcing the Natives instead. Also the Natives had to work on farms that were the mission's the missionaries used cruel treatment to make them work! That is why I think that the Franciscans are EVIL!

the spanish and indians learned from one another

. The indians taught the spanish how to build

abode houses and how to use herbs and medicine.

The spanish taught the indians how to use a plow

instead of useing sticks and hoesin the indian way. the coming of the spanish missions chaged

the way of the indians lived and worked.

at first some indians welcomed them.

like the missinarys,some indians fought back. they killed misssanarys and destroyded churchs and mission buildings. the spanish goverment uilt roads nearby linking them whith nearby sidios.

The Fransiscans are Good because,When they got to St.Augustine,They quickly built small wooden houses and a wooden presidio(a presidio is a fortress that was by the spanish that used to protect their holdings and missions). And when spanish settlers could seek protection from any attackers.Spain's main interests in settling the boarderlands were to protect its empire.

Article posted December 13, 2012 at 03:03 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 79

I think the puritans are good and bad . Because they banished for the colony.So if they did not beleve the same relig they wood kill the people that did not leave when they are tood to. But if they did beleve the same religion they where welcomed.They gave them food.So that is what I think of the puritans

I think the Fransiscans are good because they taught the Indians how to use a plow.That's good because if the Fransiscans didn't teach the Indians how to use a plow the Indians would be stuck gardening all day or maybe they would be gardening for two days because they have to use the hoe and stick. Then they have to poke a hole in the ground then plant the seeds.They have to do that in a whole field.Another reason why I believe the Fransiscans were good to they Indians is because they taught the Indians how to use some of the tools that they brought from Spain.I think that's good because they taught them how to read.I think that is good because if the Indians didn't learn to read then they would never know if something someone gave them was important or not.

no because the Franciscans taught them how to make and find tools and types of meterails. they also tout them how to use guns. that's what I think

I think the fransiscans were bad for the natives.In my essay I will tell how the fransiscans were bad to the natives.

One reason is, that the natives had to give up a lot of traditions. First they could have a diffrent holiday that they would celabrtate and they had to give it up when they went to live with the fransis- cans. Someone might say that's not that bad but really it is. It would be like my giving up christmas and that would be truly BAD!!

Another reason is that they treated them very cruel!!Thats bad because they didn't know how that felt. No wonder the natives killed so many people they were fighting for freedom!!

people might say everything i said wasn't bad but it was.