Copyright (c) 2014 by Mara Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Mara -- Blogmeister

Ancient Ruins Of Mara

Room Twelve

by Mara

teacher: Mark Ahlness

Title: Public Speaking (04/04/12)
Description: Recollections and reflections after doing presentations to two classrooms at our school, about The Earth Day Groceries Project.

I went to room 18. It was cool. It was good and we did all of the things. I loved the class. I was happy. I was nervous. They did not have a lot of questions. It was good. I loved that the class was quiet.

I went to go to room 10. It was awesome. I loved it and there was a lot of questions. I was happy.

Article posted April 5, 2012 at 06:53 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 130

I felt after the first class because once you do it once, you can do it again. So it wasn't that bad. They were quiet. They didnt have any questions. I was surprised cause they were first graders. One kid had a question, but it wasn't about earthday.

I was expecting a lot of questions. The second class was pretty much the same. But they were kindergarteners, so I was expecting a lot of questions from them too. But they didn't have any questions. So it was alright, and I won't  feel weird about speaking in classrooms

Article posted April 4, 2012 at 06:51 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 152

I went to the 3rd grade teacher's class. It was really fun. I was scared first. But then I wasn’t. I was happy. I was better the second time.

The second time I went to room 22. Mr. Gonzalez is his name. Mr. G and Lizzy and that is it. It was really fun. I was not scared that time.

Article posted April 4, 2012 at 06:58 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 124

April 4, 2012

I think we did pretty good, it was fun. I wish we could do that again. I got scared. I didn’t want to go, but I had to go.

Then I went to my old teacher last year, her name was Mrs. Feagan. I went to room 23.

I want to do these again but I can't because I will not be here in fourth grade because I am moving   

Article posted April 4, 2012 at 06:56 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 114

April 4, 2012

Our first classroom was room 23. Our second class room was room 13. It went good in room 23.

And it went good in room 13. But it wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. It was pretty fun. In room 23 it was really calm.

Article posted April 4, 2012 at 06:58 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 125

April 4, 2012

On the first delivery we went to room 21. They were awesome. They paid a lot of attention. And they were so nice to us. And one of my best friends is in that class. I think it went awesome, it was my favorite. I wish that we could do it again. It will be really fun. Maybe will get to do it in fourth grade. And the bags fell down from the stool right in the middle when we were about to say be creative. It was bad and then we had to stop and pick them up. It was funny when that happened. We almost laughed our heads off, but we held it until we were done.

We also went to Mr. Wilke's classroom. They had a lot of questions. They were really nice and I saw a lot of people that I recognized. I saw two people that go on my bus. That time the bags did not fall. They were eating a snack. I think that they were really smart. They know about recycling and a lot of other stuff.

Article posted April 4, 2012 at 06:47 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 123

Our class went around to every classroom in the building and explained about earth day bags. First me, Elissa, and Dahira went to Ms. Nall’s second grade class to explain about earth day bags. It went pretty good. I was the only one she knew from the previous year. They were pretty well behaved and one of them guessed correctly for when earth day is. But I must have looked ridiculous up there wearing my leather jacket talking about saving the earth and the jacket probably was from one of mother earth’s animals.

I was hoping next time I would go to my sister’s class, but Chelsea and Mackenzie got to go Mr. Wilkie’s class, but I got to go to room ten, but that was fine too. They were well behaved and all, so all my deliveries went fine.

Ryan, Janathan, and me went into two classrooms. The first classroom we went to was the fifth grade classroom, and we did well. She cut us off before we were finished because we were ten minutes late, we were supposed to be there at 2:20 But we thought we were supposed to go at 2:30.

And we also went to a first grade classroom that hasn’t done it before and we had to teach them how to do it. We did really good both times but I thought we did better on the first grade class.

April 4, 2012

The first class didn’t ask many questions. Second class was quiet and asked a lot of questions. I was nervous. Room 1 was talking about their birthday.

Earth day

By Ethan

The first class I went to was Mrs. Wilson, a first grade teacher. It was ok, they were a little loud but they were really paying attention to us. Even though it was a first grade class I was still scared a little bit. They didn’t ask any questions. I was surprised. On the way back I said to Shire and Landyn, "They're a tough class."

Earth day class 2

The second class I went to was a kindergarten class. It was my bother's class. I saw him in the corner looking at the carpet. We came in and he said hi Ethan. So then we said our stuff and then they asked a lot of questions, and most of them said I forgot, and one kid even said I couldn’t think of some thing. So finally we went back and I said they asked too many questions.

When Mari and I went to room sixteen, a first grade class, everyone was looking at us. I was nervous when they did. When we started to tell them about Earth Day, they were very polite, except for one boy who talked when we were talking. We didn’t get to use a microphone. We used a small desk. They didn’t have any questions. None of them knew when Earth Day was.

When we went to room three, Mrs. Weaver’s class, they were very polite, too. They were a kindergarten class. We used a rocking chair to put our stuff on. They didn’t have any questions, either. None of them knew when Earth Day was. Mari and I messed up a little.

The first classroom we went to was Room 9. Everybody was sort of serious because we were other third graders from our class and think Mrs. Salter was being really serious. And I think it went pretty well.

The second class we went to was Room 22, Mr. Gonzalez’s classroom. I think those kids were being silly, because when we asked the class when Earth Day was, our answers were “On Earth Day”, “April 10th”, and “April 11th”. I think it was fun, and at the end, there was applause.

April 4, 2012

One of the classrooms I went to was room 15. And it was scary because we had to talk in front of first graders. It was kind of noisy in there. They didn’t ask any good questions.

The second classroom I went to was room one, and it was fun. They didn’t ask any questions. All they said was “Oh I forgot what I was going to say.” It was pretty funny.

I felt nervous because everybody was staring at us. I felt nervous and scared at the same time.

Article posted April 4, 2012 at 07:00 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 142

Speaking to other classrooms about earth day was fun. The first classroom, me, my friend Mara, and my other friend Dahira went to was room 18, Ms. Nall's. They didn't have much guestions, but that was ok. They were good listeners.

The other classroom we went to was room 10. Mr. Fisk's classroom. We had a couple guestions but not a lot. But they were still good listeners.

My favorite thing about speaking to other classrooms about Earth day was, well I don't know. I think it was because I like to talk or it was because it was really fun.

When I went to a class I felt nervous, because I thought the teacher would be mean and the students will laugh.

Now that I have been in a class I am not nervous anymore. It was not bad anymore.

Article posted April 4, 2012 at 06:57 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 126

The first class we went to was Mrs. Kennewick’s class. It was fun because when they laughed I laughed super hard! The second class we went to was Mrs. Simmer’s class. They were a better audience than the fifth graders.