Copyright (c) 2014 by Elijah Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Elijah -- Blogmeister

Elijah`s blog-

by Elijah teacher: Mark Ahlness

Title: Turkey Escape, 2011 (11/19/11)
Description: A response to this prompt: Pretend you are a turkey. How will you escape being served for Thanksgiving dinner?!

My name is Mari and my sister’s name is Mila and so is my grandma. We’re turkeys. We hate Thanksgiving. Every hunter wants me because I’m fat. It’s the day before Thanksgiving.

I’m walking through the forest with Mila, my sister. But then something came falling out of the tree! It’s a cage, RRUUUUNN!!! But I couldn’t. I was already trapped. The cage was voice activated and the password was get out. My sister ran away and forgot about me. But now I was about to get cooked. But just as I was going to get cooked somebody broke in and he yelled get out. And I was free I ran all the way home. The burglar got what he wanted, money.

We moved to a city that doesn’t celebrate Thanksgiving. And now I live with my sister Mila and my grandma.

Once upon a time there was a turkey named Victoria. There was a sister named Mari and a dad named Joe. They lived on a farm. The mom said, “I want a turkey for Thanksgiving.” Joe said, “Ok, we will get you one.” Then they went out.

Mari saw a turkey. Mari said, “ I saw a turkey. it was fat.” Joe said, “ Lets go get it.” They ran after Victoria. Victoria hid behind a tree. Victoria hid behind a bush. The turkey ran away. behind a tree. Victoria hid behind a bush. Victoria run!!!! The turkey ran away.

The family gave up. They bought a turkey. The End

November 16, 1953

Once there was a dad, mom, and two kids! They were happy together! But when Thanksgiving came, the dad and kids were gone. They were gone hunting turkey! They went deep in the woods to hunt. Then they saw a turkey! It was huge! So they set a trap, but the turkey didn’t step into it. So the dad said, “We’ll catch it tomorrow”!

So the next day came! The dad grabbed his gun and the two BB guns! He woke up the kids and said “Time to hunt.” The kids woke up and got dressed. Once they went outside, they saw it! It had a brown beak with yellow feet! The dad raised his gun and fired a couple times, but he missed. The turkey was gone.

Later that day they went out to hunt again! They weren’t very far in the woods when they saw it again! The dad raised his gun again and fired. He finally hit it! That night they had the best dinner ever! The End

Once upon a time there was turkey and his name was Hunter. And he knew he was going to be Thanksgiving dinner.

He knew that he would be killed and so he flew in a airplane to West Seattle. In two hours he arrived in West Seattle.

He took a taxi to a hotel. He stayed two nights and three days. Then Thanksgiving was over. The End

Once upon a time Tom was walking in the wheat grass. He was hunting for food for his family. Then he saw hunters heading for his family's den.

He didn’t know what to do. Then he thought. And he knew what to do. Then he started crowing. The hunters saw the turkey. Then they aimed their guns at him. He started running. Then they chased him. The turkey hid in the bushes. The hunters ran past him. Then he ran to his den. They were all right. Then the hunters ran back. The turkey made traps just in time. Then the net came on them. The hunters never had Thanksgiving.

P.S. this is not true. Ha ha Ha

It was November 15, 2003, it was almost Thanksgiving. There were 8 turkeys and two groups. The ones that were never close to being eaten and the ones that were close to be eating. There are four in each group. We all live in a run down costume shop. The turkeys that were never close live on one side and the ones that are close live on the other side. The names of the ones that are close are me, my name is Layla, Lizz, Lorn, and Lin. The turkeys that never got close names are Turkey Pot, Turkey Rop, Turkey mop, and Turkette.

Now it all began the day the family went shopping for food. It was a cold fall day. And the turkeys knew it was that time again. They had to make a plan to get off the chopping block. They couldn't think of anything. They started to PANIC!

As usual the turkeys that weren't even close were not paying attention to the plan. On the other hand I made a plan that would save us all. Lin, Lizz, and Loren thought the plan was crazy. But they had to try. They had to dress up like famous celebrities. It had to be two turkeys per costume because they were too small. Layla and Lorn chose Katy Perry. Lizz and Lin chose Lady GaGa.

The plan worked. They were all safe for another year. They had another year to talk everyone into chicken for Thanksgiving.

Once upon a time there was a turkey named Mackenzie. It was a golden turkey. They were the best. They were not at the store so people had to hunt them. They say it is the best in the whole wide world. We went to the forest. That is not good for Mackenzie.

"He might move," they said. “We are going to eat him”, said the mom. The kid said, “But why, I am scared”. They went home.

Later that day they came again. They found her and trapped her.

She jumped out and said "Yes!". She went to her cave and nothing happened ever since. And that is what might happen next Thanksgiving.

The next day it was Thanksgiving. Mackenzie stayed in the cave. And she was never seen again!

. P.S. NOT TRUE

Once upon a time there was a turkey named November. He was playing with his sisters and his brothers in a field. Suddenly a truck pulled up and grabbed them and their mom ran and tried to save them but she got captured.

Suddenly they started to feel sleepy and they fell asleep and they woke up. They were in a cage.

They got in a fight and November got thrown. He found a hole and they escaped and moved in the forest and set traps for next year.

This happened November 18, 16-somthing

Once there was a turkey named Turk. He lived on a farm with farmer Bob. He was so worried. It was the Thanksgiving when the the farmer hosted Thanksgiving. He was the only turkey left.

He thought and thought of what to do. He decided he would buy a chipmunk costume so the farmer wouldn’t know it was him. But he noticed he didn’t have enough money. So he milked the cow to earn the money for the chipmunk costume. He was right, it fooled the farmer but he heard a piercing scream. “Hank, Sophia, this isn’t your story."

Hank said "Turk please this is our undead honey moon". Turk said, "You're going on a honeymoon with a head." Hank said "Yes, yes I am. Please don’t make Sophia mad. Bad things happen when she’s mad. Uh Oh she’s mad”,.

Then a whole colony of hopping heads came. And next thing Turk knew was that he was in Sophia’s stomach. Which is very weird cause she doesn’t have one, but he noticed he should be where her stomach is in Valley Lane where she died. “I’m free”, he thought but noticed “How am I supposed to get away from the zombies and stuff.” So he stayed there for all Thanksgivings. THE END

The Turkey Escape

By: Lucas

This story takes place in Minnesota, November 23, 1992... Once upon a time there were 7 turkeys. Their names were Lucas, John, Ethan, Landyn, Spencer, and Tj. We were all feeding off of corn until we ran out of corn to feed off of. That was bad.

I think that humans just kidnapped us because tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and they cook turkeys for Thanksgiving.

So we find ourselves being kidnapped by humans, we are going to be in people’s stomachs in a day.

We find ourselves about to be eaten by a little family in the mountains. But the mountains were really cool.

Then we were there at the house. They tried to put us into the oven, but then we got out of the house because the door was open.

Then on Thanksgiving they had nothing to eat. Everybody was mad except the turkeys.

THE END!

Once upon a time there was a turkey in Seattle. The turkey was walking. Then a person got the turkey and put it in a cage. The cage door was not locked. Then the turkey saw the cage door open. Then he went out the cage door. Then he saw a window open. He went out the window.

Then a policewoman saw the turkey and went to the person’s house and got the man and took him to jail. The policewoman let the turkey go.

The turkey went to his house and took a bath. He was thinking about next year. He planned for next year that he would hide in his house and that he would not get out of his house only when he would get his food. Then the turkey went to sleep. The turkey lived safe and happy.

By. Chelsea

November 16, 1,000,000,000,000.

Once upon a time there was a turkey named Shire. "I need to get out of here. How will I get out of here? There is a way out. But how? There's a lot of traps! People set traps because they want to get turkey to eat."

"Ah! Help! I am trapped."

Scratch.

“I’m free.”

“Come back here I want to eat you,” said the Dad.

"I want to eat you."

By Ethan

16, 2011

Hi my name is Bob. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I don’t know what to do. I don’t want to die!!! What should I do? I know, I will move. To the next forest. I better start packing. Almost done there. He said I better get going. Yea I am here. Bang bang bang bang.

Gun shots. Agh, there he his. Bang, he is right there. The turkey ran to the top of the hill and found a rock and he threw it at him. And he fell to the ground. I did it. I beat him. The hunter, yes. So the turkey went home.

Once upon a time, there was a turkey named Zack. He was a boy. It was the day before Thanksgiving on the farm and the farmer needed a turkey. Zack thought this day would never come, but it did. Zack was a big turkey. The farmer would love to eat him. He heard the farmer singing, “I’ll eat this turkey in one bite, and yes this turkey is one big sight,” over and over again. “Wow. He must like to eat turkeys,” thought Zack. The farmer has been cooking corn, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes with or without gravy, and a lot of other foods.

Zack was trying to escape all day, but it was tricky. It was a tall gate. And then Zack had an idea! “I can just fly over the gate!” It was a good idea. So he flew over and landed with a big THUMP! The farmer saw Zack leaving. He said “Hey! Come back here!” Zack heard the farmer and he ran as fast as he could. The farmer was so mad, his head could blow up. The turkey said “I wish I was invisible” and guess what? He turned invisible! The farmer stopped and said “WHERE DID YOU GO?!” The farmer looked and looked and looked, but he couldn’t find Zack. So the farmer gave up and went home.

And Zack was so happy he wouldn’t get eaten for Thanksgiving dinner. And then the next day at dinner at the farm, the farmer didn’t have any turkey to eat. And Zack was safe for another year.

THE END!

I am a turkey named Gobble. My friends are Beacker, Speedy, and Waddle. I live in a forest in Canada. But the bad thing about it is that an ANGRY Farmer and the ANGRY Farmer’s wife that live by the forest and it is November. November is a bad month for turkeys because they will get killed for a Thanksgiving.

Gobble, Beacker, Speedy, and Waddle were joyfully skipping around the forest. Then Red Fox jumped out of his den and almost scared the feathers off of Gobble. “Why are you skipping around so joyfully?”, he asked. “We are trying to have fun”, said Speedy. Beacker nodded his head as well as Waddle. “Why do you ask?”, said Gobble. “Because a farmer is coming to hunt to tonight”, said Red Fox. The turkeys gasped.

Then suddenly they heard a rustling in the bushes. “It’s the FARMER!”, yelled Red Fox as he leaped away into his den. “RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!”, screamed all of the turkeys. All of the turkeys ran, and then Gobble fell and the farmer caught him and right before he put him in a cage Red Fox jumped out and saved Gobble’s life.

The Turkey Escape

By Landyn

Once upon a time there was a turkey named Turkey. He was a really brave turkey. But one day he almost got eaten on Thanksgiving night.

They put him in the oven. They cooked him for 5 hours. But did Turkey survive it or not? That is why I am going to tell you if Turkey survived it or not! Ok so now I am going to tell you.

On November 24 every year the farmer would take one turkey, but that turkey was Turkey. They put Turkey in the oven. The next day Turkey got cooked. After they cooked him they put him by a window to cool off a bit. And back at the farm mommy turkey was crying like this “Waaaaaaaa”, so Turkey jumped out the window and ran back to the farm.

Turkey was running as fast as he could. Finally he made it but Mommy turkey was gone. The End

Once upon a time there was a turkey named Sam.

He was just eating food at night. He got a little tired so he went to bed. When he woke up in the morning he saw some people in the window. He thought they were just visitors so he went back inside and asked his friend Susie if she knew who they were but Susie said she didn’t know who they were. She also said, "Can you show me them to me?" Sam said that he could.

They started walking to where they were.

When they got there Sam said, "So do you know them?" Susie said no. They started walking back inside.

Sam went to ask his other friend Mara. He asked her and she said she didn’t know what he was talking about. Sam said that he could show Mara what he was talking so they were on there way. When they got there Mara said, "I’m pretty sure I don’t know who they are." So they started going back inside when they got inside Mara went back to take her nap and Sam went to find somewhere to sit. He found a spot right by the door. A couple minutes later he got up and peeked out the window. He saw a little boy say to the people he was wondering who they were, that he could not wait to have turkey for dinner and on Thanksgiving dinner. Sam felt very scared inside. He saw that the door was open a crack so he opened it more and escaped from the barn. He found a little closet so he opened it and saw a wolf costume. He said to himself, "I think it will fit." He got it on and he said, "It looks good on me." He went out the door and ran into the woods and returned safe. The End!

Hi my name is Jonathan.

Once upon a time on November 16, 2011 it was Thanksgiving Day.

I was sleeping and suddenly somebody put salt on me. I noticed I was a turkey. I thought I died so I woke up then they put salt in my ears and then I was running all over the house and they were chasing me to get cooked.

But I went outside and the fence was open so I ran fast. Then finally I lost them. Then they were starving, so I went back. The end.

Once upon a time there was a big family. There was a farmer and he had a field of turkeys. There were 20 turkeys. Half of them were really fat. The others were a lot fatter.

Then Billy the turkey heard the Jones family talking about how they were going to kill a turkey . Billy ran to tell the others. When they heard about it they all ran to the fence and grabbed the fence with their beaks and pulled. They made a huge hole.

The turkeys waddled from California to Seattle. When the dad of the Jones family went outside to kill a turkey he discovered they were not there.

THE END!