Copyright (c) 2014 by Mackenzie Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Mackenzie -- Blogmeister

Mackenzie's Awesome World

Room Twelve

by Mackenzie

teacher: Mark Ahlness

Title: Field Trip! (05/21/12)
Description: A story about our visit to the International District. The writing goal included the use of 5 or more paragraphs, and using order words where appropriate.

In the car on the way to Chinatown we saw Safeco   field. And Quest field. Next, we got to Chinatown. Second, we went to uwajimaya. Third we went to the fortune cookie factory. Fourth we went to SunYa. We had noodles, tea, chicken, rice, and a fortune cookie. And we had a chopstick contest.  Everybody won. The prize was chopsticks and a fortune cookie. We went back and it was exactly how we left it!!!

This story is about Chinatown, a place I went for a field trip with my class. Well now I’m going to start the story.

First, in the morning I got there and found out who we were going with, well because we had to ride with somebody in their car with a parent driving and so I rode with my mom in our car that I hate. It's a rental that can only hold four people. We would have ben driving six people not incloding the driver seat if we had our reaglar car but the good thing is that today we got a new car. It is so awesome and shiny. I love it. Anyway we took four people and their names were Landyn, Hunter, Mari and of course me.

Second, we got there and met up with the rest of the class. Then we went to Uwajimaya, a store in Chinatown. It was really super cool. They had lots of things. The store looked really small but it was actually really big.

After that, everybody in the class met up at the front of the store.

Then we all went to the Fortune Cookie factory, it was really hot in there.

Next, we went to have lunch that was good. They gave us rolls that had some sort of sauce inside, they also gave us tasty rice, also chicken that was really hot but really good at the same time, and egg rolls with something inside.

Finally, we went back to school. When we got there we did cursive, spelling and a math contest then Mr. Ahlness (my teacher) passed out fortune cookies. I had mine right when I got it. It said that tomorrow, which is today because the field trip was yesterday, anyway sorry, I just keep getting carried away so anyway I’m just going to tell you what it said. It said that Tomorrow would be my day to lead others. Well that did not come true. Ha Ha

THE END

May 18, 2012

About China Town

First, Mrs. Fosnaugh drives me, Mr. Ahlness, Cameron, and Chelsea to China Town. Chelsea and I got to use the camera Cameron was the spotter.

Second, my class went to Uwajimaya. It's a store in China Town. It has books, flowers, candy, and food.

Third, I went to a Fortune Cookie Factory. It was hot in there. I got 4 fortune cookies.

Next, I went to a restaurant called “Sunya” and I got to eat with chopsticks. My class had a challenge.  

Next, Mr. Ahlness led us to the park. I went on the merry-go-round.   

Finally, I went back to Arbor Heights. Then Mr. Ahlness give me two chopsticks and two fortune cookies.

You can see Uwajimaya, Fortune Cookie Factory.

We went to Chinatown for a field trip.

I was in Ethan and Ryan’s group for the car ride. On the way there we didn’t do much but talk. It was a long ride, but we finally made it to Chinatown.

Next, we dropped Room 9 off at the Tsue Chong Fortune Cookie Factory, and walked down to Uwajimaya.  At the store we saw ducks with heads still on them, pig heads, pig hoofs, chicken feet, and fish heads with eyeballs, trees with braided trunks, and other things you don’t see at a Target store. Then we had to walk all the way back to the fortune cookie factory.

At the fortune cookie factory we watched them make rice noodles, wheat noodles, and fortune cookies! We got to have four fortune cookies, and they were the best fortune cookies ever!

After that, we went to SunYa restaurant for lunch. We had hombow, rice, noodles, chicken, and another fortune cookie for dessert!

After lunch, we went to a park that  had an unknown name. They had a big, steel, dragon, a  merry-go-round, a slide, and a little green grassy hill and chairs and tables right by the little hill.

Then we had to walk all the way back to the parking lot for the ride back to school. On the way back we played chop sticks, PT Cruiser, and Punch Bug. We had a pretty good time.

On the field trip I went to Chinatown, it was awesome. We went in the car. We parked and then we put the money in.

First we went to Uwajimya, it was awesome. We got to go to the book store in Uwajimya. I love it.

Second we want to the Fortune cookie factory. We ate food that was good. I love it. It was the best thing ever. The Fortune cookie factory was dirty, but it smells good. I love it.

Third we went to lunch. The place is Sun Ya, It was good and bad. I hate it because it is nasty. The part that I love is noodles, it was good. I love it.

Finally, we went the park and it was fun. I love it so much that I love this field trip. I went to the merry go round. I went on it 30 times. I love it. I love the field trip, it is the best. Chinatown is the best thing ever.

On out field trip to China town, we took private cars. I was in Mara’s group. We were the last ones to get there. I don’t know why. The group I was in only had girls in it. There were five people in the group. We had to pay to park at the China Town Parking Lot. I had fun on the car ride. When we finally got there, I was so happy.

First, our class went to Uwajimaya. We couldn’t buy anything. We had thirty-five minutes to browse the store. We saw bags of fortune cookies. When we saw a book store, we went in and looked at the books. We couldn’t read all of them because most of them were in Chinese. The only ones that we could read were the comic books. There was a second floor, so we went up there. There were even more books up there than one the first floor. The roof was really low. There was a stool so I stood on it. When I stood on it, I could touch the roof. When we were done looking at the books we went to the first floor and went outside and waited for the other groups. We were the first group to be outside.

Next, we went to the Fortune Cookie Factory. It was my favorite place. They showed us how they make noodles and fortune cookies. We learned a trick about the noodles and how they make them. They make lots of noodles in one day. They showed us how they make fortune cookies. Fortune cookies were first made in Japan. They make lots of fortune cookies in one day. They make over one thousand fortune cookies in one day! That is a lot of fortune cookies. They make flat fortune cookies and fortune cookies that have a fortune inside of them. I got two flat fortune cookies and two fortune cookies that have a fortune inside. I got some really good fortunes inside my fortune cookies. The flat fortune cookies don’t have any fortunes inside of them, but the other ones did. I liked the tour of the Fortune Cookie Factory. It was really fun.

Then we ate the Sun Ya restaurant. There were five tables and ten people per table. We had chopsticks and a fork. I was going to eat with my fork until Mr. Ahlness said there was a contest. The table that uses their forks the least wins. No one at our table knew how to use chopsticks. It was amazing that we did not use our forks once. Our table tied with another table. The prize was your own pair of chopsticks and a fortune cookie.

After we finished eating, we went to a park and played there for ten minutes. I don’t know the name of the park. There was a merry go round. I went on it a lot. There was another part of the parks so I went on that.

On the car ride, I read two books. They were good books. We were the second ones to get there. I liked the car ride.

First, we get in our groups. Second, you go to the car that you are taking to Chinatown.

First, we went to the Uwajimaya. That is a store. I saw a duck with its neck twisted around. I saw some kids from a different school.

Then we went to the fortune cookie factory. There was too much noise so I cadent hear a thing. Finally, we went to sun ya for lunch. We had chicken, hum bow, and rice.

After that, we went to a park. I went on the merry go round.

The First place we went to was to a store called Uwajimaya. It had a store in it. We saw a fake dragon. The dragon had blue, red, and green onit.

It also it had a restaurant.

Next, we went to the fortune cookie factory. We got to have two fried noodles. We also got two yummy flat fortune cookies and regular fortune cookies.

First we had to drive to China Town. On the way there we saw a crow eating a seagull. It was cool .

Next we went to Uwajimaya, a big store where you can buy lots of stuff. It was so cool.

There were cool trees that were going weird ways. We got to see dead fish and then we had to leave.

Next we went to the fortune cookie factory where we got to eat some fried noodles and fortune cookies. And then we had to leave.

Next we went to SunYa for lunch. They had hum bow and rice and chicken and tea and eggrolls and after that we went to the Park and we stayed there for a while and then went back to school.

My favorite part was the fortune cookie factory, we got to see all of the machines that make the fortune cookies, and we also got six fortune cookies.

I liked lunch a lot. At first we had these bread things that had like some pork or something good, then we had some egg rolls, and then came some rice with vegetables in it. Then we had some chicken. The came more fortune cookies.

We went to a store called Uwajimaya; it was a really big store. They had a really big seafood section and all kinds of other stuff. They even had a bookstore there. We went in and looked at books.

We went to a park but I don’t know the name of it so I just call it the park. Ryan and I just climbed around on the rocks.

When we were getting in the car, I was getting in and I totally got stuck between two seats. Then they had to pull me out. Then we started to drive away. When we got to school we did something and then left.

On the way to Chinatown we saw a restaurant called Pyramid. It was also our friend Samantha's first time in downtown Seattle. Finally we got to Chinatown. Oops I forgot something. We had to have a parent chaperone driver there and whoever your chaperon was you had to ride in the car with them. My chaperone was Lucas's mom. The people in my group where Ja’nathan, Samantha, Me, Lucas and Jonathan.

When we got there we went to the store Uwaiajmaya. It was fun. But we didn't get to buy anything. We saw the seafood first. Then we saw fortune cookies. There were flavored ones. My group saw these glass balls and knives that cost 100-1000$. we also saw teas, cool mugs, and went to the toy section of the store. At one point we found the book store. It was cool. First, we looked at the chinese/japanese picture chapter books. Then we went to the upstairs of the book store. It was cool. You could see the whole book store. Did I mention the sticker wall, there were like 400 stickers pages. Cool right.

Then we went to the fortune cookie factory. We got a personal tour. It was cool. First, we saw how they make the rice noodle. They are wheat free. Second, we saw how they make their regular noodles. We ate some fresh ones dry. After, that he told us the trick to making noodles. First, you boil. Then you put the nodles in. Aftert another 7-10 minutes you throw them at the wall and if it sticks it is ready. Finally we saw how they make their fortune cookies. We had some flat ones and some folded ones. The company also makes flavored ones.

After that, we went to the restaurant Sun Ya. It was delicious. There was a chopstick contest and we won and so did two other groups. I sat on our forks so that no one at our table would use them. We took no bites with the forks at our table. I tried tea for the first time. It was good. Mr. Ahlness was at our table. It was so fun but finally we had to leave.

Then we went to the park. I played on the bars and it was fun. I had no idea that it would be so fun. But at one point I got bored so that's what happened at the park.

The field trip was good. First, Mr. Ahlness organanized the groups for the field trip. When we were in the car Jonathan, Lucas, and me played the "Quiet Game."

When we got to Chinatown we met at the Fourtune Cookie Factory. Most of their ingredients have water.The noodles go through a steaming hot oven.

Room 12 walked to Uwajimaya. We got to see live seafood like fish, lobster, clam, crab, and oysters. We also saw "Japanese Erasers", diamonds, and a ton of coffee mugs for Mr. Ahlness because he likes them.

Then we walked to the Fortune Cookie Factory. When we were inside we got to see how they make rice, rice noodles, fries, and fortune cookies.

We ate lunch at Sun ya. They served Hum Bao, Rice, Noodles, Fortune Cookies, and Chicken.

After that we walked to the park. I played a game called "Modern Morfare 3" also pronounounced "MW3."

Last we gathered up our groups and left. When we got in the car Lucas got stuck.We played the same games.

The first thing we did was go to UWAJIMAYA. It was cool because I saw a duck's head turned all the way around and I saw a pig's nostril.   After that we went to the fortune cookie factory. We saw how noodles are made and how fortune cookies are made. We got to try a couple.   Next, we went to lunch. We had a reserved room in the back. We had humbao, chicken, rice, noodles, and eggrolls with tea and fortune cookies.   Then we walked over to a park. It was awesome. Lucas and I ran around the rocks around it.  Last we walked back the to the parking lot. We were the first ones back. I rode with Ethan and we played chopsticks the whole way back.

THE END

We went to the International District. Mrs. Salter went on the Field trip with us too.

First, we went on the ride. And we saw cool stuff like Century Link field, The Space Needle, The Columbia Tower. I also like to call it The Black Tower, and a bunch of other buildings.

Second, we went to Uwajimaya. It was awesome and it was a store. They had foods that I never even heard of. But they also had stuff that I get for Christmas.

After that, we went to the fortune cookie factory. It was so awesome. There were huge machines there. We got to have 4 fortune cookies there. He told us a secret about noodles. That when you cook noodles. That when you think that you are done throw 1 of the noodles on the wall and if it sticks then you are done and if they don’t stick then they need about 2-6 minutes.

Next, We went to lunch at Sun Ya. We add a chopstick contest and everybody one. And my favorite thing was the rice and the noodles, they where so good.

After that we went to the park. We were playing tag with Sandy, Jonathan and me.

Finally, The ride back home was fun. We saw every thing that we saw on the way here. We also read a book.

Article posted May 17, 2012 at 07:06 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 217

Our field trip to Chinatown was fun.

First we had our ride to Chinatown.

Next we got there and we went to the Uwajimaya. The Uwajimaya was fun. We went to the book store at the Uwajimaya. The Uwajimaya was really big and fun.

After that, we went to the Fortune Cookie Factory. At the cookie factory it was fun because we got cookies and we got to see how they made the cookies.

Then we went to eat lunch at Sun Ya. The food was really good. We did a chopstick contest. If we won the contest we won a fortune cookie and chopsticks. The lunch was really good.

Then we went to the park. The park was big.

Finally, we got our ride back to school.

I really liked the field trip to Chinatown. It was fun, really fun.

First, we went to Uwajimaya, it was okay, but definitely not my favorite. I saw some ducks. It made me feel disturbed. Because their heads were twisted around their body like forty, times. Second, thing we did was look in the store.

Then we went to the book store. We saw an adult comedy book. It had a kid lying next to a tiger if I saw correctly. The moms were talking about how humorous it was and how that there was a copy on YouTube. Kids started reading that certain book and the moms decided it was time to leave the book store.

After that, we waited to go to our next stop...

The trip to the cookie factory was really fun. We got cookies at the Fortune Cookie Factory. The cookies were really good. I know why there are roses at the beginning of each fortune. It’s because the bosses great, great Grand father really liked roses. They have a bunch of big machinery at the cookie factory. They used to make cookies by hand. Now, they have big machines to do it. Next, we got to try the fortune cookies. They were really good.

Third, we went to lunch at Sun Ya, a restaurant in China Town. I soon found out there was someone pickier then me. It was Mari, she barely ate anything. Me and Elle were pretending that we were fancy business woman complaining about how terrible the service was when actually it was really good service. It was so hard to eat with chopsticks. There was a chopstick contest where whichever table had the least amount of bites taken with a fork won a prize.

But it turns out that everybody got one. Elle almost spoiled it for us she took one bite with her fork. Then we went to the park and it was really fun. I went on this spinning thing. And we walked on the walls on the park. Then we took a group picture with room nine and room twelve collided. Finally, we had to leave say good by by China town. It was a very very very interesting ride back but I can’t put my finger on why it was interesting, it will be a mystery for all man kind forever. This is one of twenty of the only ways you could findout about this rip and all twenty are the same.

First, we went to Uwajimaya. We got to see a bunch of stuff. My favorite part of Uwajimaya was when me and my group got to see the book store inside. They had a whole bunch of books. They had two levels of books. Upstairs and downstairs.

After that, we went to the Fortune Cookie Factory. It was really yummy. The gave us some samples of cookies and noodles. I liked the part when we got to see how they make the cookies.

Next, we went to an eating place called Sun Ya. My favorite part of Sun Ya was when we had the chopstick contest. The chopstick contest is the table that didn’t use any forks would win. Everybody won even if they used forks.

After that, we went to the park. It was kind of fun. But I was too full too play anything. So I just sat down with Ethan. I only played for like 5 or 10 minutes and then I sat down.

Finally, after the park we went back too the car and drove back to school. Hunter made some trucks honk. To make the trucks or cars honk we put our hand out the window and make your hand go up and down.