Copyright (c) 2014 by MarqualaT Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
MarqualaT -- Blogmeister

Bloggers 2011-2012

Blogs discussing Science ideas, procedures and outcomes will be posted here.

by MarqualaT

teacher: Michelle Huseman

Top Ten Places 02/02/12
the new movie 01/15/12
Leader of the Month 01/09/12
Christmas Break! 01/04/12
Christmas Program 12/19/11
All About Atmos Energy 11/30/11
Home 11/16/11
Once Upon a Mattress 11/16/11
Car Safety 11/14/11
Nutrition 11/01/11
Monster Project 11/01/11
Science Day 10/18/11
Planetarium 09/30/11
9-11 09/30/11
All About Me 09/09/11

Title: "Once Upon A Mattress" (11/15/11)
Description: The Fourth and Fifth Grade classes from Eugene Field had the pleasure of seeing this play at Hannibal High School. Please read the following stories about our experience.

I like the part where the king was making faces at the Queen and she would yell at the king for chasing the girl. I liked when the wizard would give a test to the princees to see if they could pass or not pass.I liked when the Queen keep saying you swam the mot! Because she swam in a lake where there are creepy crawling things in the water. The part I really liked is when the Queens son had to eat the pudding and I liked the part when the boy came running in the room to say we tried to stop the princess from swimming.

Today we went to a play at the High School and watched a play   called, "Once Upon A  Mattress".  When they started the play   a narrator came out and started   telling the story. After that a whole   bunch of people came out and started  dancing then they all got quiet because the queen was doing a  test on a    princess that wanted to marry her   son. But the princess did not pass.   After that his mother made him eat   some pudding and one of  the   knights  told  the princes' mother that   he'll  go find  a  princess for the   prince and that's exactely what he did.

Today we went to the Hannibal High School to watch a excerpt from Once Upon A Mattress. The musical was based of the story "The Princess and the Pea".

Today we seen a play called Once Upon a Mattress. It was based off The Princess and The Pea. It was like this, there was a kingdom were a King and a Queen and a Prince lived. The Prince needed a princess so his mom got every girl in the village to try to pass the test. But unfortuntly no one passed the test. So Sir Harry went all the way over the mountains and through the swamp.

Then he found a girl so he brought her back and she was so excited that she swam the moat. Then she got to the cassel and spit out water. Then the mother asked the girl "why was she all wet" and she said "I swam the moat." The mother was shocked that it took a minute to stop saying "you swam the moat". When she did her son said "What about her mama"? And she said "No child of mine is going to marry a moat swimmer". Then the Princess fell in the moat and they fished her out. This was held at the high scool in Hannibal.

Today I watched a play called Once Upon A Mattress. I do not want to be in a play like that oneI saw it. It was awesome the prince wanted his mom to let Sir Harry go find him a princess. The princess swam the moat. The prince had his pudding after dinner. The prince's father made faces at the queen. It was in the Hannbal High school play. It was a movie theater inside. I think the queen will give the girl that swam the moat the right to marry the prince.

I loved the whole play. The play was located at Hannibal High School in Hannibal, Missouri. The play was about the princess and the pea, exept it was called Once Upon a Mattress.The play was so cool that I would have watched the whole play,all day long.The part I loved was when Prince Dauntless wanted to marry the princess.I think whats going to happen next is is the Queen will probaly let her son marry the girl that swam the mote around the castle. But who knows maybe the girl who swam the mote maybe is a real princess. The two charaters I absolutly loved was the Queen and the

princess.In the play the Queen did not have the

right behavior,so the Queen was being Reactive and not Proactive.In the bginning the prince and the princess, the princess was called the Ballerina.

I liked when the princess swam in the moat. The mean part was that the queen can't let his son go marry a swimmer that came from the moat. My favorite character was the princess, because she's funny, and cool. You should go see the show it has songs, and funny things on that show. We saw Once Upon A Mattress. It's a good show you guys should see Once Upon A Mattress. The prince was nice but the queen was mean. So I hope you can see the show.

Today the 5th and 4th grades got to go to a play. It was called the Princess and the Pea. A prince was looking for a princess to marry. The prince's mom was making all the choices for him.The 1st princess did not pass the test.The 2nd princess was funny! She did not even take the test but,she swam down the river.Four men were trying to catch her! Going to the Hannibal High School is fun!

I saw that the queen wouldn't let her son get a wife. My favorite part was when the girl feel into the water. It was nasty when she spit things out of her mouth. I like how all the boys and girls sang. It was funny when the boys were listening to what the queen said and the queen scared them. The princess was doing a spelling ber and then the princess didn't get only one word right. The most interesting thing was when the girl went into the water.I think in the full play the queen will sleep on the the big bed and her son will get a wife and date her.Then I think the queen will go looking for her son. If I was in the play I will like to be the princess. Then I will like to see how the princess will fall in the water. If I could I would help her out of the water. The funniest thing was when the dad was making silly faces behind the mother. And also that was a good play. I hope to see the full version of it.

Today 4th and 5th grades went to Hannibal High School to watch the high school play.