Copyright (c) 2014 by JohnR Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
JohnR -- Blogmeister

Bloggers 2011-2012

Blogs discussing Science ideas, procedures and outcomes will be posted here.

by JohnR

teacher: Michelle Huseman

Title: Atmos Energy (11/30/11)
Description: The first part of the writing was done before the presentation. The second part, was completed after the presentation. Please read what we have learned about Atmos Energy and conserving energy.

Atmos Energy is a heating company.Gas is what makes heat.Gas can be used for almost anything.When you think of it it's cool.I learned that there is tons of ways to save money and energy.You can turn down your theremostat .You can put something under your door to keep cold air out.You can turn off your lights when your not in the house.Put tin foil behind your radiators on the wall to make more heat.

ATMOS ENERGY is to keep your house heated. It is not the gas you put in your car it is gas you use to heat your house and use tocook.I learned that you can save energy by turing off lights.You can save heat by changing the filter once a month. If you have a radiator heater you can put foil on the wall to save energy because the heat will go back into the room.Don't use a lot of hot water and when you get ready to turn the water off because a little water wastes about 400 gallons of water per drop each second.There is a special kind of blanket you have to put on the water heater.You can save energy by using a full load of cloths in the washer and dryer.If you put a blanket over the water heater you can save 20 per cent of your water bill.

Today two men came and talked to    us about Atmos Energy. We wacthed a video about our homes    and how we can save energy in    our house. After that they asked    questions about the video and     everybody was answering the     questions. At the very end we all    got a video and a book and a magnet.

They dig holes in your yard for heat. They said you can save money by: 1.turn of lights. 2.Shut off lights. 3.Don't leave water on.

I learned a lot about energy. Make sure you close the windows. Also turn down the thermostat when you leave the house. Get thin cut plugins so the warm air dosn't pass through. Make sure you clean the furnace every month. When you smell rotten eggs that means there is somthing wrong and you sould tell an adult.

Atmos Energy is a gas cmpany. They are the heating company for winter or cold days. They have a company here in town. The heating from the heater produces heat for warmth. The gas company also is in your stove.

Today Atmos Energy came to my class. I learned if you put a piece of tin foil behind your radiator the heat blows backwards. I also learned that a drop of water per second adds up to 400 gallons a year, and you should clean your furnace filter at least once a month.

If you smell a rotten egg smell you need to call your gas company. Because that is the smell of a gas leak and you wouldn't like that smell. I also learned to keep your water heater at 120 degrees when you're away and save $10.00 after every $100.00 purchase. When you don't have a fire going close your damper. Or you'll lose warm air.

When you are gone turn your thermostat down to 65 degrees from 70 degrees. So you don't spend more money. Also if you have a plug in with no plastic cover buy one so you don't lose warm air or get cold air inside.

When you feel a breeze from your door or windows take a cover and put it under it. Make sure you put a special cover around your water heater to keep it from freezing. When you wash a little bit of clothes you should put a big load or you are wasteing money because you pay the same for a bigger load.

It keeps my house warm and my room warm. It keeps my mom,dad,sister warm. It keeps us cool in the summer and in the winter it keeps us hot so we don't freeze.I learned that if they made the gas smell good it wouldn't get your attention. But if they made the gas smell bad it wouldn't get our attention. It smells like rotten eggs. Make sure to turn your thermostat down when you don't need it. If you ever smell a gasy smell tell your mom or dad and tell them to check on the gas tank or tell them to call the gas company right away.

It keeps my parents payments down, and saves me and my family Energy.

Make sure that when you are not at home set your thermostat at 68 degress fahrenhiet, to save Energy.

Energy is so expensive it is a fortune.

I learned that you should never take a hot shower, turn the heat down to 65 degress farhenhiet , to save Energy.

Natural gas smells like rotten eggs, insted of your mothers' flower garden.

What Atmos energy does, it puts heat in your house. Atmos energy is gas that is heat. I learned you have to close the window, if you don't close the window, your bill will go high. If you are going outside make sure you turn off the t.v. When I had to smell a card it smelled like gas. If you're out of the house make sure you put the thermostat on 65 degress. Make sure you don't leave the hot water on. If you don't turn off your lights your bill will go high,make sure to turn off your lights,and make sure your water doesn't leak.

Atmos Energy is a gas company. It helps you save gas. Make sure you close windows or doors so the heat won't come out. If you ever smell something bad tell your parents. If you ever go somewhere make sure to turn the lights off and thermostat on low. When you take a long shower make sure you don't use a lot of hot water. The extension cord can help you save energy. It just depends. We learned so much .

There were these people who came from Atmos energy. We watched a DVD with them.They said you should turn your lights off when you go to bed.You should turn vents,or air off when you leave your house.We smelt this paper but first we had to scratch it.It smelt like rotten eggs.Atmos energy is to keep money,energy and lots of other things. It is good to save energy. Because if you don't save energy you won't have energy. You should save energy. If you have air conditioning you should turn it off when everybody leaves the house. Atmos energy is very inportant. Atmos energy saves a lot of energy so do other people. Atmos energy can do a lot of things. Atmos energy can put lots of energy in your house. If you're cooking something on your stove you should be really careful because you can burn yourself and sometimes on your stove you can waste energy. To keep energy is important.

I think gas comes from the gas station. They get the gas and and go to our houses and put it in there for us. What I learnd was shut your window so hot air don't come in. At last we smelled something and it smelled like rotten eggs and they put in a bag so the school don't smell like it.