Copyright (c) 2014 by KadinM Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
KadinM -- Blogmeister

All About Me

Bloggers 2011-2012

Blogs discussing Science ideas, procedures and outcomes will be posted here.

by KadinM

teacher: Michelle Huseman

Today we had a visitor from HLG. Her name was Ms. Mullinix. She gave us a paper with an endangered place in the United States. My partner and I got a place called John Cultrane Home.

She told us to find where it was located (Dix Hills New York) the name (John Cultrane Home) and an interesting fact.

Ms.Mullinix inspired us for our landmark project. She was also working on her class, that's why she came to share her project with our class. When Ms.Mullinix was about to leave she let each group keep our papers about the endangered places.

This Christmas I went to my moms to open my presents from her! I got a car set, weight set, motorcycle, and a Mizzou hat! Then my family and I went to my grandpa's house. I got some new urban jeans now I have every brand. I also got an ipad, Kindell fire, airhog helicopter , a new Fox shirt, Axe colone, and a "32"inch flatscreen tv!

Then we (my family) got $10.00, from my grandpas dad. I got to go to Scotties Funspot. I also got to hang out with my friends. I also got three other presents Batman, Madden 12, and MW3 (games)!

Over Christmas break I am going sleading with my family. Then I will go to my cousins and we will go to my grandpas to ride fourwheelers! We will probably get pulled around the yard in a slead just for fun! My cousin and I always end up getting hurt! I am going to my moms, aunts, grandpa, and my sisters grandpas house to open presents!

My family always goes and shovles snow for old people who can't do it. They sometimes pay us with money or hot chocolate! We always have my grandpa, push the snow into a big pile then we make a fort! We will probly do that this year. I got to open an early present and I got an Apple Ipod! We will probably open a present on Christmas Eve as always.

Atmos Energy is a gas cmpany. They are the heating company for winter or cold days. They have a company here in town. The heating from the heater produces heat for warmth. The gas company also is in your stove.

Today Atmos Energy came to my class. I learned if you put a piece of tin foil behind your radiator the heat blows backwards. I also learned that a drop of water per second adds up to 400 gallons a year, and you should clean your furnace filter at least once a month.

If you smell a rotten egg smell you need to call your gas company. Because that is the smell of a gas leak and you wouldn't like that smell. I also learned to keep your water heater at 120 degrees when you're away and save $10.00 after every $100.00 purchase. When you don't have a fire going close your damper. Or you'll lose warm air.

When you are gone turn your thermostat down to 65 degrees from 70 degrees. So you don't spend more money. Also if you have a plug in with no plastic cover buy one so you don't lose warm air or get cold air inside.

When you feel a breeze from your door or windows take a cover and put it under it. Make sure you put a special cover around your water heater to keep it from freezing. When you wash a little bit of clothes you should put a big load or you are wasteing money because you pay the same for a bigger load.

Article posted November 17, 2011 at 03:50 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 45

Hi my name is Kadin Morgan. I am 10 almost 11. My teacher is Ms.Huseman. I am in fourth grade. My favorite movie is Fast Five. My favorite sport is football and my favorite team is the Dallas Cowboys. My favorite singer is Jeremiah my favorite song is My Ride. I have 2 brothers and five sisters. I live with my brother, sister, grandma, and grandpa. My friends are Malachi, Travon, David and Harry.

Today we seen a play called Once Upon a Mattress. It was based off The Princess and The Pea. It was like this, there was a kingdom were a King and a Queen and a Prince lived. The Prince needed a princess so his mom got every girl in the village to try to pass the test. But unfortuntly no one passed the test. So Sir Harry went all the way over the mountains and through the swamp.

Then he found a girl so he brought her back and she was so excited that she swam the moat. Then she got to the cassel and spit out water. Then the mother asked the girl "why was she all wet" and she said "I swam the moat." The mother was shocked that it took a minute to stop saying "you swam the moat". When she did her son said "What about her mama"? And she said "No child of mine is going to marry a moat swimmer". Then the Princess fell in the moat and they fished her out. This was held at the high scool in Hannibal.

Today we had an assembly. It was about safety. The people that were teaching us brought an air- bag and were supposed to set it off, so they told us to plug our ears but it wouldn't work.

Then they called two people up to help them and they got t-shirts.They also called up three people. They had to show how to put on a seat belt right and 2 wrong ways.

Finally the guy called up five people to do a wrap with him. It was about sitting in the backseat. It had a good beat to it!

Today is November 1,2011 and today Mrs. Mannigel came to my class for the first time this year. She tallked about some of the food pyramid columns. The first one we talked about was the grains there are a lot of grains. Then we did some exercises for 5 to 10 minutes. She would give us a food group and we had to do a movement to go with it. Finally we had to wash our hands then we got a plate, napkin, popcicle stick, peanut butter, a grain tortillia shell,and a bananna. When we got everything we put it together and it was gooood!

For the past two days we made a monster. We had to draw topics. I got the ears, hair,and the eyeglasses. I finished all three and now we are almost done with all 48 parts. When you look at the monster it doesn't look like so many parts. We did a lot of hard work on it and now we have to come up with a name for it.

Today is Oct.17,2011,and some of the students from HLGU came to our scool with Dr.Lemons. Three people went to three rooms. The three that came in my room were Miss Upcure, Miss Lovelace, and Miss Eddie. They taught us about a carnivore, herbivore, and an omnivore.A carnivore is a meat eater.A herbivore is a plant eater.A omnivore is a plant and meat eater.

They showed us some skulls and we had to guess if they were a carnivore, herbivore, or a omnivore. We had to guess what kind of animals they were. We found out what kind of teeth an omnivore has they have pointy teeth in the front and flat mollers.A herbivore has all flat teeth.A carnivore has all pointy teeth.

Then they put little cards with people or animals around our necks and we had to ask yes or no questions. Finaly you'd find out what you are!