Copyright (c) 2014 by MynaziaD Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
MynaziaD -- Blogmeister

Bloggers 2011-2012

Blogs discussing Science ideas, procedures and outcomes will be posted here.

by MynaziaD

teacher: Michelle Huseman

Title: Ms. Mullinix (02/01/12)
Description: On Tuesday January 31, 2012 we had a guest in our room. Ms. Mullinix came to present a smart board lesson on current events. Her lesson was about places in the United States that are endangered and why they are endangered. Please write about the lesson.

Today Ms. Mullinix , a student from Hannibal-LaGrange University came to teach us about the top 10 most endangered historic places. She said we could work by ourselves or with a partner. I worked by myself. I got two places. One was Bear Butte, located in Meade County, South Dakota. It's endangered from energy development. The other one is the Prentice Womens Hospital, located in Chicago, Illinois.It's endangered from demolition.

Today a HLGU student came to our school. We learned the most endangered top ten places in the United States. My place was Belmead on the James. It is located in Virginia. My job was to look for information in the article.

On Tuesday Ms. Mullinix came and talked to us about endangered places. Me and my partners had the endangered place of John Coltran Home in Dix Hills, New York. We found a really good fact. It said in 2003, the house was threatened with demolition and redevelopment. Dix Hills resident and jazz fan Steve Fulgoni rallied the community to save the Coltrane Home.

Today we had a presentaion of the ten most endangerd places. I had China Alley. We had to name it and the location, and the important fact.

I just learned a lot about places in the United States that are endangered. I had the Fort Gaines Battlefield. The teacher was Ms. Mullinix. We had pictures of our places. My picture was a cannon with a wall in front of it.

Today we had a visitor from HLG. Her name was Ms. Mullinix. She gave us a paper with an endangered place in the United States. My partner and I got a place called John Cultrane Home.

She told us to find where it was located (Dix Hills New York) the name (John Cultrane Home) and an interesting fact.

Ms.Mullinix inspired us for our landmark project. She was also working on her class, that's why she came to share her project with our class. When Ms.Mullinix was about to leave she let each group keep our papers about the endangered places.

Ms. Mullinix came from Hannibal La Grange University to teach us about the Top 10 Endangered Sights. Our job was to find it and tell important facts.

The National Soldiers Home is in Milwalkee, Wisconsin. Some of the legislation was signed by

President Lincoln, prior to his assassination. It was located in Milwalkee,Wisconsin. The threat to the soldiers home was to be destroyed.

The soldier home is beautiful.

Ms. Mullinix came from Hannibal-LaGrange University of Hannibal. Ms. Mullinix talked about the top 10 endangered places. My place was the Soldier Home in Milwalkee,Wisconsin. The threat to the soldier home is that it may be destroyed. Some of the last pieces that were part of the legislation that was signed by President Lincoln before his assassination.

Today we had Ms. Mullinix from Hannibal LaGrange University. I had a Pillsbury Mill Complex. Its location is in Minneapolis, Minnesota. My details were the complex was a national historic landmark. It is located within the locally and nationally designated St. Anthony Falls historic district and the Mississippi National River and Recreation Area. Which is a unit of the National Park Service.

Today we got to talk about the top ten most endangered historic places. A teacher named Ms. Mullinix from Hannibal LaGrange Univercity came to talk to us about the top ten endangered places in the United States. Alexis ,David and I did Fort Gaines. It is a battlefield in Mobile Bay north of Alabama. Ms.Mullinix had pictures of everyones places. You could tell it was ours because it showed a big battlefield. Traveling with Ms.Mullinix was fun!

Today when Ms.Andrea came we had so much fun. We got to get with a partner and get important things highlighted. Then one of your partners wrote the title. The other person read and also say the locations.