Copyright (c) 2014 by MathiasB Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
MathiasB -- Blogmeister

Bloggers 2011-2012

Blogs discussing Science ideas, procedures and outcomes will be posted here.

by MathiasB

teacher: Michelle Huseman

On May 17 , 2012 4th and 5th grade had a play about Tom Sawyer. Fifth grade did half of the play and 4th grade did half of the play . I was Ben Rogers. I was in two scenes. The river scene and part of the cave scene. We studied a lot for this play to be good. My mom and dad were a great support. They studied my lines with me. While we were watching we watched a movie. As a prize for doing so good I got a really big ice-cream cone!

We went to a park for Arbor Day.We watched the Missouri Department of Conservation plant a tree. The tree was called a Dawn Redwood. The park is called Dulaney Park. We also got to help them plant it! They gave us lots of stuff, like a pen, a ruler, a pencil, a eraser, and a braclet.I had so much fun.

The MAP test was easier than I thought. We did math and communication arts. Math was a little bit hard. There were a lot of questions to work out. The communication arts had a lot of writting. I got cramps in my hand. They hurt a lot.

A girl named Emily came to our school. She is also Miss Heartland! She talked to us about the food pyramid.She talked about the colors and what they meant. At the end she gave us some chocolate.

The landmark project was hard for me and my partner. We got 2 wrong and 3 right. Our class landmark was the JOLLY GREEN GIANT STATUE! I learned a lot about landmarks. Like that you need to focus hard.

Mrs. Doris Nichols came to read to us. The book was a mystery one. In chapter one a 18 year old girl drives by in a dark blue convertible when a van speeds out of a driveway. Then a little girl runs out and falls over a bridge!When the older girl gets her in the house she is thanked.The owners have been robbed!!

I got to go to the St.Louis Sience Center. I saw a life size model of a T-rex!My little sister was scared to death.We also went to the Omnimax to see a movie about the ocean.It was so cool.  My dad got to stay the whole time.We worked on my sisters room.We built a wall to put up her door.It was fun.It took a long time to finish. I got to see my cousin/best friend at the park.We played backetball and soccer.We used to hang out all the time.It was a surprise. I got to go to the zoo and see a lot of animals.I got to see and feed a shark and not get hurt!!

Yesterday there were two people that came to play the chelo and the base. They're in the string family. The chelo is a bigger verson of the violen.The base is a bigger verson of the veola. The two peoples names where Tracy and Spencer.The name of the band was the BOTTOM LINE DUO .They have been playing since 4th grade.

I've been on earth for 10 years but I've know the bald eagle for 6 years. The two people in Kansas City that cut down that tree with the bald eagle nest in it , that ticks me off. I don't know if they did but if they did , they need to go to jail.

Back in the 1900's bald eagles were a endangered species.Because of DDT that farmers sprayed on crops which went into the water that fish swim in that eagles eat cosing the eggs to be to soft makeing them  closer to being extinct. Biologists started bilding them habitats for them at wild refuges.Where they have eaglet's.When the eaglets turn into immature eagles they are all brown.they also fledge the nest as a immature eagle.When they are adults they start to mate and mark there territory. Adult and immature eagles have very sharp claws called talons that can hit with 1,000 pounds of presher per inch.In the summer eagles move to there winter homes.