5th Grade Reading and Social Studies---> The Reading Lab is where bright young readers come to discuss, through in-depth dialogue, literature that they are reading._____ The Social Studies Parlor is where students respond to critical questions related to different aspects of Social Studies, and then discuss their responses through thoughtful discussions.

teacher: Mr. Volkman

I think they are good for the Natives because they learned lots from each other. For example, the Franciscans taught them how to use a plow instead of their hands and I think they also used a rake.They also could have taught New Spain about their religion because it says one negative was that New Spain didn't want to change their religion so so the Franciscans must have taught them about their religion. That's why I think they are good and consider the fact that without the Franciscans New Spain would still be digging with their hands. Also without the Franciscans they would not have known about the other religion and who knows? We could not even have some languages in our world today. So if you disagree with me life would probably be a lot different.

Abraham Lincoln was the 16th president of the United States.Abraham Lincoln was born February,12,1809 near Hodgenville,Kentucky.He was known for ending slavery and he was the first Republican President ever.His first job was at a Denton Offutt's store as a clerk.They went out of business and he lost his job.I think the happiest moment of his life was when freed slaves.For example, He freed people named John,George,Dennis according to my research. I think the saddest moment was when he lost his job.For example,He was sad because he had to find a new job. I think the funniest moment was when he told jokes to his friends and family.For example,"If I were two-faced would I be waring this one?" He had to face a political challenge about slavery. The world would possibly still have slaves.