5th Grade Reading and Social Studies---> The Reading Lab is where bright young readers come to discuss, through in-depth dialogue, literature that they are reading._____ The Social Studies Parlor is where students respond to critical questions related to different aspects of Social Studies, and then discuss their responses through thoughtful discussions.

teacher: Mr. Volkman

Fransiscans are BAD for the Natives:

Detail 1: ...because the Natives had to take away their religions and traditions if they wanted to stay with the Fransiscans and stay in America.

Detail 2: ...the Fransiscans made the Natives as slaves in order to stay and live.

[ part 2 of article ]

...why would anyone want to live like that? I would have wanted to keep MY religions and traditions and not be held as a slave to stay. But, we're here, now. We don't have slavery. We don't have to lose our traditions and religions. We respect what we do even if we're different.

Amelia Earhart is one of the well-known women in the world. She was born is Atchison, Kansas, 1897 on the 24th of July. She was known for being the first to fly the Atlantic Ocean and disappear. The way she disappeared was because she flew through the Bermuda Triangle. That was the happiest moment of her life because she flew the Atlantic Ocean AND be the first. She was proud of herself for accomplishing something that amazing. Truly, the world wouldn't have been a better place because all she did was be the first to fly the Atlantic Ocean. The world would have been a better place if she did something like Martin Luther King did. But she didn't. She flew the Atlantic Ocean.