5th Grade Reading and Social Studies---> The Reading Lab is where bright young readers come to discuss, through in-depth dialogue, literature that they are reading._____ The Social Studies Parlor is where students respond to critical questions related to different aspects of Social Studies, and then discuss their responses through thoughtful discussions.

teacher: Mr. Volkman

the Franciscans were bad to the natives,yes i know that they gave them good advice for plows and all, but the natives were forced to work on the contraptions the Franciscans brought with them. They should have treated them kindly , the natives ,after all, practically saved there lives . When they came of the ship after there long journey , they were probably sick and wilted .The natives came to there call and healed most of there sick .The Franciscans should have treated them kind instead of having the natives hospitality until they were stronger than them then , simply overpowering them .

Article posted October 13, 2011 at 04:41 AM GMT • comment • Reads 32

Sacagawea was born in c. 1788 in an Agaidiku tribe of the Lemhi Shoshone, in what is now Idaho. She died in South Dakota in 1812 at the age of 21. Her name is pronounced: sa-cock-a-we-a.

I think that her happiest moment was on February 1805 when she gave birth to her son, Jean Baptise Charbonneau.

The world probably would not have been a better place if Sacagawea had not lived. Most of America would not have been explored and widely known to everyone. The trail or the area around the trail would have been unknown and scary. But with Sacagawea, Lewis and Clark explored between Idaho and Washington and wrote about it. People found their journals and learned about that time.

This essay shows that Sacagawea was important.