DAYDAY'S BLOG!

Blogging is a fun, engaging way to write!

by teacher: Mrs. Freitas

I’m going to start off with my first element and that’s Helium. I choose Helium because I think Helium is interesting. Helium’s symbol is HE and the atomic number is 2 the melting point is 4.002602 the boiling point is -268.6°C. Helium is colorless. Sir William Ramsey discovered Helium in 1895. Helium was formed though the radioactive decay Uranium and Thorium. Helium is also used in cryogenics
Now im going to tell you about my second element and that’s Nitrogen. I choose Nitrogen because it IS made out of ice cream and I love ice cream. Nitrogen’s symbol is N the atomic number is 7 the melting point is -209.9°C the boiling point is -195.8°C. Nitrogen is colorless Daniel Rutherford in 1772.
My Third element is Neon. I choose Neon because I heard that we used it for the open signs in barber shops and that if u turned it on it would stay on for years until it burns out. Neon’s symbol is NE the atomic number is 10 the melting point is-284.6°C the boiling point is-246.1°C Neon is colorless. Sir William Ramsay discovered Neon in 1898
I hope you learned from this and you think of doing it to!

Helium
Symbol: HE
Atomic number: 2
Melting point: 4.002602
Boiling point: -268.6°C
Number of neutrons: 2
Classification: Noble gas
Color: colorless
Who discovered helium?: Sir William Ramsay
When it was discovered?: 1895
Where it can be found?:
What is it used for?: Helium was formed though the radioactive decay of the heavy isotopes Uranium- 238 , Uranium- 235 and Thorium -232. Uranium-238 is the most common isotope. Helium is also used in cryogenics

Nitrogen
Symbol: N
Atomic number: 7
Melting point:-209.9°C
Boiling point:-195.8°C
Number of neutrons: 7
Classification: non metal
Color: colorless
Who discovered nitrogen?: Daniel Rutherford
When it was discovered?: 1772
Where it can be found?: Nitrogen can be found in ice cream

NEON
Symbol: NE
Atomic number: 10
Melting point:-248.6°C
Boiling point: -246.1°C
Number of neutrons: 10
Classification: NOBLE GAS
Color: colorless
Who discovered Neon?: Sir William Ramsay
When it was discovered?: 1898

Article posted May 18, 2012 at 09:22 AM • comment • Reads 264 • see all articles