Abby L's blog

This blog is for Miss Jovanovich's algebra and geometry classes to share ideas, ask questions, and reflect on what skills and topics we are studying. If we are lucky, we might even get a chance to connect with other students studying the same stuff.

teacher: Tina Jovanovich

This week, I am sad to say, that I forgot to do my weekly blog! This is my first time forgetting to do so, I think, so I am very disappointed in myself. Anyways I am doing it now and I am going to talk about translations and the the test/quiz "quest" that we took last friday.
First of all, since we have gotten back from break and before break we have been working on translations. I really like translations because there are no proofs involved with them and also because they are very straightforward. And, even though they can get tedious at times, I feel like I am doing the problem right and I generally feel confident doing these problems. My favorite translation would probably be the refection. At first they were the hardest, for me, because the problems that had a equation were very confusing, however, after going into see Ms. Jovanovich I fully understood how to do them and they became fun. My least favorite translations are known as dialations. These were confusing at first because I always though that I just had to dialate their sides and I forgot about the angles. Anyways, they are just confusing for me. However, the dialation on the test is one that I feel that I did good.
Now, the "quest"... I think that this was definitely the best, in terms of hardness and easiness, test that I have ever taken in geometry. I think that I got all of the drawing question write, however, there was one multiple choice question that I think I got wrong. That still means that I could have gotten a good grade overall though.

Article posted April 30, 2012 at 07:28 AM • comment • Reads 48 • see all articles