Abby L's blog

This blog is for Miss Jovanovich's algebra and geometry classes to share ideas, ask questions, and reflect on what skills and topics we are studying. If we are lucky, we might even get a chance to connect with other students studying the same stuff.

teacher: Tina Jovanovich

I love triangles!
Vacation is over and the new year has begun. I have made a bunch of new years resolutions, one of these includes me working harder in geometry, as it is the one subject where I am kind of struggling in. Luckily this week in class and the week before vacation were both weeks that I really enjoyed, to the extent of liking math.The ASA postulate, AAS theorem, SSS postulate, and SAS postulates were all some of my favorite postulates and theorems that we have used so far. Another "reason" that we learned how to use this week was CPCTC, which can be a justification in proofs for proving unknown sides or angle congruent. This reason can only be used if we know that the two triangles are already congruent.
Also, this week, we had a quiz on all of the postulates and theorems that I had previously mentioned in this blog. The quiz was also and proving triangles congruent. One of the new ways that we were recently taught to do proofs was called a flow proof. Flow proofs are similar to table proofs, except they need more space, are contained in drawn boxes, and you can make the proof connected in any way using lines. In this most recent quiz we had to do two flow proofs. The first proof was kind of easy for me, but the second one was slightly harder because it involved more steps.
Overall this test was pretty good and I felt pretty confident going in and coming out of it. Hope fully I got at least a B- on it. I am crossing my fingers!
Until next week!

Article posted January 5, 2012 at 10:31 PM • comment • Reads 32 • see all articles