-

This blog is for Miss Jovanovich's algebra and geometry classes to share ideas, ask questions, and reflect on what skills and topics we are studying. If we are lucky, we might even get a chance to connect with other students studying the same stuff.

by teacher: Tina Jovanovich

This week in geometry we started talking about trigonometry. We are doing right triangle trig, which so far I find easy. The three trig formulas we have learned are sine, cosine, and tangent. In a right triangle to find the sine you use the opposite side and the hypotenuse of the angle you are trying to find. To help remember what sides to use with sine I remember SOH. To find cosine you use the adjacent side and the hypotenuse of the angle you are trying to find and to help remember cosine I remember CAH. To find tangent you use the opposite side and the adjacent side of the angle you are trying to find and to help remember tangent I remember TOA. SOH CAH TOA is a trick that we were taught to help remember the trig functions, I find this trick very helpful and useful.

Article posted May 28, 2012 at 08:30 AM • comment • Reads 45 • see all articles