-

This blog is for Miss Jovanovich's algebra and geometry classes to share ideas, ask questions, and reflect on what skills and topics we are studying. If we are lucky, we might even get a chance to connect with other students studying the same stuff.

by teacher: Tina Jovanovich

Article posted January 24, 2012 at 01:19 PM GMT • comment (10) • Reads 199

I found a very cool scratch project online. It is the game "pong" with a twist. The ball is a basketball which makes the game a lot better. I love basketball and it is one of my favorite sports. This site incorporates one of my favorite sports with a very classic game. The game may be very easy but it is still fun. [LINK]

Article posted January 26, 2012 at 09:41 PM GMT • comment (7) • Reads 61

Today is Thursday, January 26, and Midterm Week is finally over! I did very well on most of my midterms, with the exception of Technology and Careers, which I got a 90 in. In Geometry, I got a 96, which I was extremely happy about.

For the past few Geometry classes, we have been talking about the program Scratch. It is a computer design program which was developed by students at MIT. I went on their websites, and picked out one project that I really liked. It's link is here: [LINK].

This project is a tessellation of creative shapes that come together to form a large square. I like this project because of it's bright colors and also because it gave me an idea of what to do for our Geometry project, which is going to be on Scratch.

Article posted January 31, 2012 at 04:12 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 63

This week, we had to look up scratch projects and select our favorite one. My favorite was the angry birds project. I love the game angry birds and it was funny to see someone try to remake it. It played just like angry birds, but only had two levels.

[LINK]

Article posted February 14, 2012 at 12:52 AM GMT • comment • Reads 99

Article posted January 31, 2012 at 12:35 AM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 60

I have decided to stop numbering my blog posts. I've realized that it doesn't really matter which one it is and that a number isn't very appealing to a reader. Anyways, this week we were told to check out this program called "Scratch". It was made to help people better understand code. On a website we were given there are thousands of programs that people have made.

This one program I found is called "Maze Game". It looks pretty sketchy compared to other high quality programs but I like it much more. You play as this car type thing and your objective is to retrieve one circle, then exit through another. So far I haven't been able to get past level 2 but I'll keep trying. Here's a link: [LINK]

Article posted January 29, 2012 at 07:16 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 55

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/atomic7732/666235

This past week of school was the first week back since midterms. I did pretty well on my midterms. I am going to watch the Heat play the Bulls in a little while. Go Heat!! Above is my link to a Scratch project that I thought was cool. I liked how you couldn't hit the rocks. I thought it was fun. I am looking forward to making a project!

Article posted January 30, 2012 at 01:17 AM GMT • comment (7) • Reads 73

After looking around at scratch.mit.edu I found, in my opinion, the three best projects there are.

[LINK]

[LINK]

[LINK]

They are my favorites because they have no real purpose and are simple. I think that they are all funny and they made me laugh when i found them.

In a more serious note: I found this project.

[LINK]

This project uses some form of equation or formula to make the swirl decreasingly smaller over time. After some time it becomes very strange to the eye and causes strange visual effects. Also it has Journey in the background.

Article posted January 24, 2012 at 01:41 PM GMT • comment (5) • Reads 65

This blog entry is the 11th of my personal weekly blog

We have a project coming up in Geometry! I'm not exactly excited for it though, because I'm not great at projects. We will be using a program called "Scratch" which is a program that you can make your own projects/programs on. It's actually pretty cool, but it looks like a hard thing to master. I'm sure once we have a better understanding of everything, it should be easier. I browsed around the site, and found a program I thought was pretty interesting. It's called Lawn Mower, and all it is, is a blank green screen, with a little man holding a lawnmower. Can you guess what you do? You control the little man with the arrow keys to try and mow the entire lawn. The most I've been able to get is 48%....because I am not good at games like this...at all.

Anyways here's the link!

[LINK]

I chose it because its more realistic the way you move with the lawnmower. It's a simple, yet effective game. I found it pretty enjoyable and I'm glad I could share it with you all!

Catch ya later!

Article posted January 29, 2012 at 10:10 PM GMT • comment (6) • Reads 65

Our assignment was to take a look at a couple of Scratch programs. We are going to be doing a tessellation program using Scratch, so our teacher wants to check some out. Here is one that I found and liked. It is a interactive basketball shooting program. I like it because basketball is my favorite sport.

Here is the link to the Scratch program that I found interesting.

[LINK]

Article posted February 6, 2012 at 10:29 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 109

Here is the link to my favorite Scratch project:

[LINK]

It was a good elaborate project, and it was also entertaining. It is wheel of fortune. I think it would probably be pretty hard to make a project like this on scratch.

Article posted January 25, 2012 at 02:59 AM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 47

Hello Readers!

Recently in geometry class, we discussed the program Scratch. It was made by MIT and is a fun download that can be used to make all sorts of things. In the near future, my geometry class will make a project on Scratch.

For this week’s blog, we were asked to find a project on Scratch that we enjoyed. I found one called Fireflies. I really liked this one because it has lots of little, bouncing, sparkly lights. When you put your mouse on the screen, all the lights become attracted too it. It is really cool!

Here is the link if you want to see it for yourself:

[LINK]

Write you next week!!

Hannah:)

Article posted January 25, 2012 at 02:56 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 49

Scratch is a very cool program and I enjoyed looking through a lot of projects. One that stuck out to me was "Isometric Level Creator". I enjoy this project because, even though it's not a game, it is fun to play around with. It allows you to build whatever you want and you can also customize the block color to make your structure have more character. It seemed like it was a lot of work but very fun to create that project and I can't wait to make my own!

Isometric Level Creator:

[LINK]

Article posted February 1, 2012 at 10:38 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 45

This week in geometry we were introduced to a program called Scratch. This program gives the user a chance to make games or applications based on a code that is easier to understand than regular programming codes. We had to pick our favorite game on Scratch, here it is.

[LINK]

This game you can control a queen to get to her bride before the wedding. Its really cheesy but I really liked the way you can control the characters.

Article posted January 23, 2012 at 09:25 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 40

Today is Monday and I am already writing my weekly blog. Last week our class did not have an assigned blog so it is good to get into the swing of things again. Exams are over an I am happy in every class except geometry. I always have in between an eighty and a ninety and I do not know why I always have such low grades. I studied for this class and I thought it went well...

Anyways, today, in class, we reviewed formulas for a line and for me it was brand new stuff that we have not talked about in algebra yet. I am going to have to review a lot I guess. I feel confident because I started studying the formulas in algebra, the class after geometry, however, whenever I feel confident in this class I usually end up doing badly.

In our weekly blogs this week our class was told to look up different scratch programs, put down the link, and say why we liked a certain video or program.

There were two videos that I especially liked when I was on the scratch website. The first one was called "how to make a duct tape rose pen". This video shows how one can obtain a duct tape rose pen with two colors of duct tape and a pen. I liked this video because I enjoy art (usually) and this seemed like a really pretty project. Also I did not know that you could teach something on scratch.

[LINK]

The second video that I enjoyed was a game called snake eyes. This game had a pair of dice that one could role and whoever got the higher dice number, the computer or the player would win. You could also type in how many rounds you would want to play. I liked this video because it was an interactive game. I also enjoyed the music that went along with this game.

[LINK]

Article posted February 2, 2012 at 03:52 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 42

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/xxjpxx/1139396

I chose this as my favorite scratch program because I love Doctor Who. I loved how it was interactive, and you learn the differences between the themes. I thought it was so fun, and it was nice to see something that I love so much on a school program.

Article posted January 30, 2012 at 02:21 AM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 47

During geometry we were supposed to find a program that we liked from the program director Scratch. My favorite is this racing game. Here is it's URL: [LINK]

I like this program because it is fun and interesting how normal people program these games.

Finally, midterms are over and I am so relieved. I got a 98 on my Biology midterm and a 92 on Geometry.

We have been learning about Scratch. It is a program created by MIT that is used to create your own program. I have tried it before and it is really cool. We had to find a project that we liked and here is the one I chose-[LINK]

I like it because it makes the words look cool. I like trying different words and seeing their outcome.

Article posted January 29, 2012 at 11:05 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 48

We are finally in the third quarter and second semester! Midterms are over, and grades are final. After midterm week it was nice to take a weekend off from school altogether. Then we jump right back into school on Monday morning. In Geometry class we are starting with some linear models. This comes easily to me because I have already done this in Algebra 2. We are also beginning our Scratch Project. This project and program seems confusing to use but after spending time on it I'll hopefully get the hang of it. While looking on other peoples projects I have found one that is addicting. The Lawn Mower game is where you have to mow the lawn so that you over the entire lawn. It’s not easy at all! It took me a few times just to get 56%. I recommend you try it! Here is the link:

[LINK]

Have Fun :)

Article posted January 24, 2012 at 12:30 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 42

Hey guys, today in geometry we started looking at a future project that we would be doing on the program Scratch. So for this blog I decided to show you one of my favorite Scratch projects. This one is about one of my favorite game series the Legend of Zelda! I find it to be a cool little game but don't just take my word for it, try it yourself. 

Link: [LINK] 

Article posted January 30, 2012 at 01:08 AM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 96

Bloggers!

My weekend was good, I dyed a pair of white socks pink for my basketball game this Tuesday. It is breast cancer awarness month in basketball so it should be a fun time.

On another note, after searching through the scratch programs I found a couple that were pretty sweet but this one, I thought, was the coolest. Here is the link [LINK]

In this program you control the physics of a helicopter in order to allow it to fly a certain way. You can also change the color of it and how much fuel it goes through. This program is really complicated and I am sure it took the creator a long time to make. I chose this one in particular because I liked how you can control certain parts of the helicopter in order to fly it how you want too. I also like flying in videogames and tis is the exact same thing as this.

Have a good week!

Kevin

Article posted January 30, 2012 at 01:25 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 92

This week we had to find a Scratch program that we thought was cool and why we picked it. I picked and air hockey game because as you probably know hockey is my favorite sport. When you click on the link that will be posted at the bottom of this blog, you then click on "new game", it will bring you to a screen that will look exactly like normal air hockey, and it's as simple as that!!! I especially chose this one because all the NHL teams are on the all-star break, which is happened this weekend! Of course my future husband Tyler Seguin was on!!! Anyway the link posted below will take you straight to the game!!! Have fun!!

[LINK]

This week I also got cleared from my concussion! Although I wasn't able to play in our game against Cape Elizabeth (which we won 6-0), I was able to play yesterday (Saturday) against Leavitt/Edward Little and we ended in a tie 0-0. It was an evenly matched game, and a fun one to watch and play in!!! This upcoming week we have a big game against Greely! I also have to finish taking my midterms since I was out with a concussion. I am taking my geometry one tomorrow so wish me luck=http://

Hello bloggers! When you have time, check this out!

[LINK]

In this scratch program, you are trapped in a room and you have to find 10 keys in order to get out. You have to click on things around the room to find the keys. But be careful. There is a shark hidden in the room! I really like escape games so I really like this game! Check it out when you have a good amount of time to really play the game!

Til next time! See you!

Article posted January 25, 2012 at 02:59 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 42

Welcome back everyone! Midterm week is finally over!! Now I am looking ahead into a new semester which I am using as a new beginning. This week I want to talk about a website that is called Scratch. We talked about it in class today and I want to share a link with you of one project that stood out to me.

I really like to exercise and run. Playing sports and running is one of my biggest stress relievers and to me it's just a way to get away from all of the stress of school and work and just to focus on myself. This project that I found on Scratch is showing that everyone can be healthy, you just have to be motivated and committed. For me, this example was fun and stood out because it's something that I really enjoy and I find it to be really influential. It shows that even though sometimes you don't want to be healthy, if you are committed, you can do anything. I'll leave the link below so you can check out the Scratch video I liked and browse the website for yourself! I'll be back blogging next week!

link: [LINK]

Article posted January 29, 2012 at 04:48 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 43

Hello Everyone!

This past week, our geometry class learned of a website called Scratch. It was created by MIT, and it has some very fun and interesting programs! While searching through all they have to offer, I found my favorite program was 3D MazeMe! In this game, you pick your difficulty (easy, normal, hard) and use the arrow keys to move yourself through the maze. I have to say, it was fairly difficult and took me a few tries to get from start to finish! However, once I had completed it, I realized that I really enjoyed it. It was a fun and different way of doing a maze, and I'm always up for a challenge!

Here's the link if you would like to try it:

[LINK]

You should definitely check out the site, there is sure to be something of your interest!

See you next time,

Emma

Article posted January 26, 2012 at 04:05 AM GMT • comment • Reads 50

Have you ever heard of Scratch?  I hadn’t until just this week either!  Scratch is a educational website that allows you to program without having to learn all the complicated codes and such.  You can also browse the programs that other people have designed.  One of my favorite programs was done by mathjp, and is called JpStringArt_1.  Check it out by clicking the link below:

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/mathjp/698892

It consists of 360 lines connecting at 361 points.  Slide the first knob (n) to determine how many flat sides you want the shape to have.  Then, slide the second knob to determine the density of the lines.  The last two knobs vary the colors.  I chose this Scratch because I thought it was beautiful and playing around with the knobs to make new shapes is 100% addicting.  My favorite setting is 4-4 with the colors on 6-3.

Article posted January 29, 2012 at 11:01 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 41

This week we had to blog about a new program called Scratch. I believe that this program is fun but hard to understand. We also had to find a project, on Scratch, which we enjoyed. This is the link to the project I enjoyed. [LINK] If you go to this link you will find the drawing of a nice goat. My favorite animal is the goat and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Well blog readers, I hope you enjoyed my link to the goat drawing and this weeks blog. Until next time!

Article posted January 26, 2012 at 12:24 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/KSC-fan/2263823

Hey everyone! This week's blog is about a program called Scratch. It's a program where you can animate just about anything. There are a lot of games on this website that people have made themselves. The link I posted above is a link to a scratch program I think is cool. I think it's cool because it's about basketball which is one of my favorite sports. It's also interactive. You can actually shoot the basketball using your mouse.

I picked this program because I have a basketball game tomorrow which was my inspiration of what to look up. I also picked this because it's all about shooting in different areas on the court. You have to use different angles to get the ball in the net. It keeps track of the scores for you and everything!

Wish me luck in my game tomorrow! I hope we win!

Article posted January 26, 2012 at 12:54 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 49

Have you ever of Scratch? My geometry teacher, Ms. Jovanovich, has just introduced this neat website to us. On this website, people can use their math skills to create fun programs for others to enjoy. I've just spent a good half hour clicking on random projects and seeing what they can do. There were so many to choose from! However, my assignment was to find one that I really enjoy. Below is a link of what I found:

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/billy302/2244831

This program is called the Piano Game. To play, you simply have to click on your keyboard on the keys that correspond with those on the screen. This will result with the sound of piano notes. I was able to play a few tunes by figuring out which note each key represented. I like this program the best because it allowed me to somewhat play piano, which I really enjoy doing. 

This website provides numerous programs that will satisfy anyone's interests. Try it out for yourself and see what other fun or creative programs you can find! Have a great week! :) 

Article posted February 6, 2012 at 01:18 AM GMT • comment • Reads 51

Hello,

On the website called Scratch, there are programs in which others have designed and anyone can use. I found it interesting looking around on the site ot find different programs. The one that suck out to me the most was one called the Piano Game:

[LINK]

In this program, you click on your keyboard keys that correspond to the keys shown on the screen. I liked this program the most because I play the piano and I liked trying to play the songs I play on a real piano on a computer keyboard.

Well, have a good day.

I hope the Pats can pull off a win in the Superbowl!

Article posted January 30, 2012 at 02:45 AM GMT • comment • Reads 49

Back on the blog. Wasn't sure what happened last quarter, but I'm back! The Super Bowl is coming up, so... go Pats!!! Since the big game is coming up, I looked at some Scratches that had to do with football. Here are some that I thought were cool: [LINK]

[LINK]

[LINK]

Article posted January 28, 2012 at 05:44 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 87

School is half over. It all goes so fast. This week we did triangle mid-segment activities. I thought that they were pretty cool. We were asked to put a link of a good scratch page. I picked this because it is interesting. Click on the link at the bottom. Bye.

[LINK]

Article posted January 27, 2012 at 02:04 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 65

Greetings Winter Waiters! I am personally very happy that it is finally snowing outside. I just hope that it stays that way. I’ve been waiting since October to make a snowman, win various snowball fights, and go sledding. Snow is a necessity for a good winter. With all that aside, I have also been looking forward to using the new program that was introduced to us in class today. The program is called Scratch, and it allows people that don’t fully understand programming to create their own computer programs. After browsing the site, I came across a program called David Beckham Kicker ([LINK]). In this program, you play as David Beckham in the European Championships and take shots at a goalie. Using your mouse, you move the player to a proper position and click to shoot the ball at the goalie. I think that this is cool program because it is very fun to play and easy to understand. I picked this program because I really like soccer and I thought that this would be a cool way to channel my love of soccer into creating a program. I would love to make a program similar to this one day.

Hi everyone! A few weeks back Ms. J introduced us to the Scratch program. I have no idea how to describe it, but it makes little program things from repeating designs to real games. Eventually we will be using this to make our own geometric tessellations program! I've been cruising around the Scratch site and so far my favorite program is this one, you can see it by clicking the link below!

[LINK]

When my project is finished, I'll definitely blog about it! Talk to you all next week!

~Manda

Hello everyone. This week we were told we will have a project we need to do on Scratch. We needed to go an and explore the site. This was one of me favorite projects. [LINK]

It is a cat that meows and walks around. You can also chose between two different backgrounds and control it using the arrows on the keyboard. I like it because I think the cat is really cute and this program is really cool.

Article posted January 30, 2012 at 02:20 AM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 46

This week we looked at Scratch, it's this thing online that you can use to create different programs, games and other stuff using the techonology on the site. I went through some of the different projects and the most popular ones they have on their home page and I found this one, http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/aki-w/1979613 it's a game that you can play and the crazy thing is, is that some one created it. Like even I can create one of these (and based on our disscussion in class, we're gonna have to mkae one for a project so hopefully mine can be as sick as this one). Anyways, you have to use the cursor buttons to move around and use the jet to slow down or speed up and change your fuel. I started to play it but it got so addicting, almost as bad as temple run. Even though i don't play temple run, based off all the statuses on facebook every five seconds during midterms week, its bad. Maybe my addiction could be compared better towards coffee I have to have at least one cup a day. Well now I'm rambling on about something I wasn't suppossed to even be talking about here, so I guess I'll stop and will blog again next week!

Well, we made it!  Midterms are over!

I did much better than I thought I had done! It is a huge relief to have that behind us!

We can now look forward to everything from semester 2!  

In Geometry, we are starting to review linear equations. They are not to difficult, but I need to jog my memory. 

In addition, we have been told to visit the Scratch website. I think that this is a super cool program that is very fun to use. I had so much fun exploring all of the programs. I would say that my favorite was the game called “Fruit Archer”.

Here is the link: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Yoshiboy/2277626

It is so much fun because it is so simple, yet so addictive. I managed to get a score of 99, which took a little bit.

The basic description of this game is very simple: Fruit falls from tubes, and you have to shoot it with your bow and arrow. But watch out for bombs. The bombs with “X’s” on them will end the game, and the “-5” bombs will subtract five from your total. It is essentially like Fruit Ninja, the popular app. 

Anyway, dinner awaits, and I must go!

On a side note, for all those who have doubted the Giants, said that they were terrible, or taunted me before a game, you were wrong. THEY MADE IT!!! HAHAHAHAHA

And considering that the Pats have beaten only one team over .500 (by a lucky miss of a field goal), I have no doubt that the Giants can and will beat the Pats!

GO G-MEN!!!

Article posted January 25, 2012 at 03:19 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

While browsing the scratch website I came across an interesting program that gives you a variety of shapes and asks you to make one of several different figures such as a square or hexagon. I like this program because it looks easy to make the figures but when you move and rotate the various shapes given to you the specific arrangement of shapes at different rotations becomes less and less apparent. the only thing I did not like about this particular program was the fact that it had some annoying music (toggle-able) and an annoying sound when ever you rotate a shape (not toggle-able.

[LINK]