Starr's Page-

Netflix 05/03/12
Nonfiction blog 03/31/12
I call 03/05/12
Things I like in poems 02/21/12
The One-Ton Pooch 02/09/12
April fools day 01/25/12
wonder 01/23/12
A christmas at Norway 01/11/12
ICELAND 01/04/12
Hope's Crossing 12/12/11
Using my smarts at school 11/16/11
Halloween 10/31/11
halloween 10/27/11
Smartville 10/27/11
how am i smart? 10/19/11
Delaware 10/12/11
My Book 09/29/11
Hamster 09/14/11
Quote 09/12/11
09/12/11
All about me 09/11/11

The most useful invention or technology in my life is netflix. It makes my life easier because I don't have to ride all the way to Block Busters or red box because it is on our wii. The founder of netflix is Marc Randolph. Netflix home page is red and in the center it says NETFLIX in white. Its really cool because you don't have to buy the movie.

My favorite topic to read about is animals. But my favorite animal to read about is starfish, cheetahs. I like to read about this because, there's always somthing new to learn about them. Some of the things that I know about is that cheetahs can run up to 70mph but only for 2 minutes. I would love to learn more about both of these topics.

I call dibs for "are all pickles sour"

Some of the poets I like are James Proimes and Robert Weinstock. Some of the types  that I have liked using are: end rhyme, similes and alliteration. Some topics I enjoy are very funny poems and poems that are made for kids. I think that the devices that I am good at finding are end rhyme, hyperbole, simile, metaphor and onomatopoeia. Some of the devices that i thhink I will use are alliteration, end rhyme and simile. I think my poems will be silly because, I like silly poems not formal and serious poems. so those are some of the things that I enjoy in poetry.

My One-Ton Pooch

I have a 2,000-pound pooch,

which is pretty super dooper.

The only part that i don't like

involves his giant pooper scooper

The thing I like most about this poem is that it is sort of funny. The other reason I like this poem is because it is talking about a dog.

By: James Proimes

April fools day is not a actuall hoilday but on April first is a day of jokes from your family, friends, neighbors, co-workers and even teachers might come up wth a joke that tickles your funny bone. But the real quetion is how and who came up with this day? Some people believe that April fools day is a desire to celebrate the seasons they celebrate this around springtime. In fact some of the cultures celebrated this around april. Others believe April fools day got started because the adoption of the new calendar in 1582. Although nobody knows how or when April fools day started. We still celebrated it with glee year in and year out. More people do jokes to each other each year!

Prank- A joke that fools a something 

Practical joke:   A general sillyness or a very funny joke

Prank: to trick or to joke around with something

Elaborate: A big prank

i am doing how did april fools day begin

In Norway there festivities begin weeks before the holiday. The people in norway will start brewing beer (Juleil) this beer is like the beer that the Old Norse would drink in midwinter in the celebration of joulu. This holiday is the festival of lights making the change of winter in to spring. On this day the Vikings would have a toast (skal) and wish each other peace and a good fortune for the next year. In the year of the 900s King Haakon said that all the celebrations would be held to the new celebration that was named Christmas. Before the holiday people would make there decorations and cook pork and seven different flavored cakes. on December 13th is contained the longest night of the year and is also the night of Lussinatten. I like this night because the people from Norway believe all the animals can talk to like goblins, trolls, gnomes and along with the famous one Lossi. The first celebration in Christmas is St. Lucia day. It is the first celebration with light. A little girl dresses up in a white robe and wears a crown of candles on her head

hi i am doing iceland

Article posted December 13, 2011 at 02:21 AM GMT • comment • Reads 56

So far, this book is about agirl named Gope that is fetting kid naqpped andtrying to get back to her family.My favorite character in the book is Hope because shee can bedaring but gentle andshe can be  intelligent but curious.I liked when th red coat men came and just did tiribble things to the family because there was just so much energy in that part of the book. I didn't like when mother Thomas got the poxs ithought that Hope was never going to get back to her family. You might want to read this book if you like to bevery on going and to feel like you are in the book.

Hi my name is Starr, I love the color purple, I do dance at Nina's school of dance.