Zach blog-

Flip 05/14/12
Email 05/03/12
War World 2 03/29/12
Who is Uncle Sam? 03/13/12
My Poem Thoughts 03/01/12
For Sale 02/08/12
What is fools gold? 01/23/12
Netherlands 01/06/12
Book 12/07/11
Apply Your Intelligence 11/16/11
Smartville 10/31/11
How I am smart 10/19/11
Illinois 10/05/11
Book 09/28/11
Foods 09/18/11
sleeping 09/16/11
zach 09/15/11

The book I read was “Flip”, it was very good.  The reason I wanted to read Flip is it sounded like a cliff hanger book, and it was. My favorite part is when Ryan flipped and became a lady! I would recommend this book to fast readers who have a high lexile level. Some parts in the book are better than others. For example, it was exciting when Billy and Ryan had a fist fight. The only thing I don’t like about the book is some language used. Overall it was a very good book.

Article posted May 4, 2012 at 01:11 AM GMT • comment • Reads 35

The person who made email was Ray Tomlinson in 1971. He also made the first email system in 1980. He said that he wanted mail to get to people faster than sending a letter. It took almost 1 hundred years after the first computer was made to make email. Many people use email around the world, 1.9 billion messages are sent each day . I know that many people at Voyager have an email, I do!

Article posted March 30, 2012 at 12:26 AM GMT • comment • Reads 33

One of my favorite nonfiction topics is WWII. I think it is very important to our history. Things I already know about WWII are that Hitler invaded Poland, and the UK went to war. The USA went to war on December-7-1941, because the Japanese bombed us. In 1944 the Allies launched D-Day, and it ended the war. The war lasted 6 years and 80 million people lost their lives. I like many other wars but this one is my favorite.

I WANT YOU FOR THE US ARMY! Does that sound familiar to you? Do you know who the most famous uncle is ever? Uncle Sam is! The story of Uncle Sam all started in the war of 1812. Samuel Wilson was a meat packer for the Army and stamped US on the meat boxes. People joked that US meant “Uncle Sam”. It really meant United States. Years later an artist drew a picture that had his way of seeing Uncle Sam. Then the government made a poster trying to get people to go in to the Army, and Uncle Sam was on it. I chose this article because I think it is very importation to US history. This article relates to a career choice I might do because I want to go into the Army.

Wonder Words

-Barrel: A tall round container that is used to hold stuff.

-Personification: Giving a thing that isn’t a person human characteristics.  

-Goatee: A tiny triangle beard that is on your chin.   

I really like to read poems! My favorite poets are Shel Silverstein and Jack Pelutsky. The anthologies I like are Runny Babbit, A Pizza The Size Of The Sun and Falling Up. I enjoy reading poems about pets, homework and food. The devices I am good at finding are: end rhyme, hyperbole and alliteration. I think I will use end rhyme and onomatopoeia when I write poems. I think my poems will be about homework and school. I like to read poems but kind of don’t like to write them. Writing is not my favorite thing to do.

Article posted February 8, 2012 at 03:26 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 34

By: Shel Sliverstein

One sister for sale!

One sister for sale!

One crying and spying young sister for sale!

I’m really not kidding,

So who’ll start the bidding?

Do I hear the dollar?

A nickel?

A penny?

Oh, isn’t there, isn’t there, isn’t there any

One kid that will buy this old sister for sale,

This crying and spying young sister for sale?

This pome makes me feel silly because he is selling his sister. I wish I could do this to Ali. Shel Sliverstein is my for poet, is he yours?

Article posted January 23, 2012 at 07:34 PM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 34

Fool’s gold is called Fool’s Gold because it fools people! The fake gold looks like gold but is worthless! Many people mistake this mineral for gold because of its shininess and yellowish color. During the gold rush many people went west to find gold but found Pyrite, another name for Fool’s Gold.  People can tell that Fool’s Gold is Pyrite because it can’t be scratched by a fingernail, but gold can. Gold has no smell while Pyrite will smell like rotten eggs when hit by a hammer. Pyrite is named after the Greek word puritēs which means ”on fire” because it will cause a spark when hit by something harder than it.  So the next time you go looking for gold don’t let Fool’s Gold fool you! 

Gold: A soft metal that is rare and valuable.

Pyrite:A hard mineral that is often mistaken for gold.

The Gold Rush: In the mid 1800s, thousands of people went west to find gold. 

Nertherlands is not a good place to be at for christmas. The greeting in the Nerhterlands is Zalig Kerstfeest" or "Vrolijk Kerstfeest en een Gelukkig Nieuwjaar, The name of santa there is St. Nicholas (Sinter klaas), he come on a white horse dressed in a red bishops robes. Black peter  (Sarte Piet) helps santa hit bad kids with a birch rod. If the kid has been good they will find small toys nuts and candy in thre shoes.There tree is a Traditional / Cultural tree. I am glad this is not s part of my christmas, are you?

The book I am reading is called  Keeping Room. I like the book because there is lots of action.  For example, Joey lit a little hut on fire that  the Redcoats where sleeping in! I also liked it when Joey kicked a Redcoat in the leg because the Redcoat was pushing Joey.  I didn't like it when the Redcoats started to hang people in their yard. I think this book is a very good book and you should read it too.                     

Article posted November 16, 2011 at 10:35 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 50

My highest intelligence was interpersonal smarts. So for this assignment I thought I would do a play about bullying. The main character could be a little boy who is being picked on by bigger kids. The bigger kids would steal the little boy's stuff and hold it above his head. In the end the kids who where bullying the little boy would get in trouble.I think it would be a good play because I care how kids feel.