Devan's Blogimania-

Luxembourg

I have chosen to study the holiday traditions from the country of Luxembourg. Luxembourg is located in Western Europe if you plan on going there. The people of Luxembourg give presents to each other on December 6 which is St. Nicholas Day. The traditional greeting is ''Joyeux Noel''. The Christmas tree is not a holiday tradition and if they use one it would be the Cultural type. All Christmases have a Santa right? St. Nicholas is the Santa for people in Luxembourg. He leaves candy and gifts if you have been good. If you haven't been good Black Peter comes. He gives you twigs, sticks and of course some coal. If you have been really bad he chains you up to his belt and carries you away. I think that the traditions of Luxembourg are very interesting and I have enjoyed learning about it.

Article posted January 3, 2012 at 04:25 PM • comment • Reads 47 • see all articles

My name is Devan and I am a student at Voyager Academy.