Claire's Cooller Than Cool Corner-

EOGs are coming up soon. I hope I pass. This year we have to have four EOGs. Science, Math active, Math inactive and Reading. EOGs are my least favorite time of the year. I am kina scared that I wont pass.

I wanted To read this book because in it there are alien discs and the book was longer and I wanted to read a book closer to my reading level. A very interesting moment in this book is when Ryan(one of the main characters) found the alien disks. I would recomend this book. It is fun and changes a character into someone he is not. This book is a very fun and interesting book.

A useful invention in my life is soccer. Soccer  helps my life by providing a fun way to exersize.No single person invented soccer but the Japanese invented the sport. Soccer looks like a person kicking a ball to another person or into a net. The ball is black and white.

Some Nonfiction topics I like are animals. Spacificly birds. Even more spacificly Cardinals. I like birds because my Uncle is a Ornathologyst.  A person who studys birds. He goes bird wathching and bird banding with me. I know that birds lay eggs. Bird eat worms, bugs and beetles. 

This Is My Uncle

I am doing my blog on wonder #509 "Have you ever lost your marbles?" In the 1800s marbles where very popular. Some people think that marbles eventually came to be assosiated with peoples minds or common sense. A marble is a glass ball that has a design or color it doesn't need to have a color to be a marble. Here are some vocabulary words to add to your list. Puzzling means not understandable. Amazed means you can not beleive something(unbelievable). This article made me want to learn how to build marbles. I love to do crafts so that would be a fun project for the future.

Article posted March 5, 2012 at 03:43 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 40

I CALL DIBS ON "HAVE YOU EVER LOST YOUR MARBLES?"

I enjoy reading poems by Shel Silverstein. Silly poems are the type of poems I like reading. I am good at finding rhyme and alliteration. I think I will use rhyme, alliteration and repetition. The poems I will write will be for kids and adults. I love writing silly poems and I know adults like reading silly poems aswell as kids. 

This Is Shel Silverstien

The Crocodile's Toothache

The Crocodile

Went to the dentist

And sat down in the chair,

And the dentist said, "Now tell me, sir,

Why does it hurt and where?"

And the Crocodile said, "I'll tell you the truth,

I have a terrible ache in my tooth,"

And he opened his jaws so wide, so wide,

The the dentist, he climbed right inside,

And the dentist laughed, "Oh isn't this fun?"

As he pulled the teeth out, one by one.

And the Crocodile cried, "You're hurting me so!

Please put down your pliers and let me go."

But the dentist laughed with a Ho Ho Ho,

And he said, "I still have twelve to go-

Oops, that's the wrong one, I confess,

But what's one crocodile's tooth more or less?"

Then suddenly, the jaws went SNAP,

And the dentist was gone, right off the map,

And where he went one could only guess...

To North or South or East or West...

He left no forwarding address.

But what's one dentist, more or less?

-Shel Silverstein

I like this poem because the dentist pulls out all the teeth BUT the right one. Th e crocodile gets so frusterated t hat he just closes his jaw! SNAP!

I am doing wonder #473 "Who Invented Sticky Notes?" Did you know that the adhesive on the back of the sticky note lets you be able to reuse it a couple times? In 1968 Dr.Spencer Silver invented an adhesive ,he was trying to make a very strong adhesive, but instead he made a very weak one. In 1974 Art Fry was frustrated that all his bookmarks were falling out of his books. Then he remembered that Dr. Silver invented an adhesive and with that he invented sticky notes. They never ripped his pages or lost his place in the Hymnal.

Hymnal: A Book of Songs

Solution: An answer

Adhesive: A substance that is sticky allowing one thing to stick to another

Christmas In Bosnia

In Bosnia people decorate their trees with toys, chocolate, lights and colored balls. Traditionally the trees are toped with a star. People who live in Bosnia celebrate with their family like many people do. The three sundays leading up to christmas are dedicated to children. The familys eat dinner with each other every day leading up to christmas. I like the idea of the three  sundays leading up to christmas are dedicated to children.

Hi,I'm Claire. I have three sisters a mom and a dad(only man/boy). I love animals a lot.