E`s place-

Opinion

So first off my opinion of Smartville is that it is AWESOME! It gives the kids a chance to express themselves in a way that involves learning and fun. I really like the little town with the post office, and the store, kitchen, central park. Facts about it is that the think the kids should excel in their own wayy. So if you were more intellegent in computer you would be able to work on computer work more. Or if u are more visual smart you can do something visualy...

I love smartville. Because they can lern how it is to be an adult . So the can shine and show the world that kids can be adults.

I also like peach post office. Because kids get to take teacher's mail to there mail box so they can feel like a real mail person.

I think the rode signs are cool. Because the theacher can say take this to the mail room on rout 66.

I one more thing I like is that the kids get show how they are smart.

Ps. We should do smartville at Voyger!

I think smartsville is cool. Because the kids can feel like a adult and have fun. I wish we had that at voyager. It is cool how the kids can do activitys with there smarts. I like central park. Because it seems like a cool place to hang out with my friends.

I like what they do at smartsville. It looks fun. The post office looks real cool. I would use that a lot. I would like running the store because I like selling things and taking peoples orders. It looks like a lot of fun! Even if they have a post office and a store I still like Voyager better!

I like smartsville because it teachs children to learn in different ways. I wish Voyager had Smartsville because I think it would be fun to have our own little town. The idea of the post office is really cool and funny. The school teaches kids to know the different smarts and intelligences.

I like the Smart School because it shows the teachers how each kid is smart in their own special way. If Voyager was like  the Smart School I would like going to school each day more.  It's really cool how the kids have a post office and a little store and also a central park. It is probably alot of fun for the kids to work in the store and in the post office. If I could visit the Smart School and go there for a day that would be really fun!!!!

I think that it is really good that kids can work the way they do best. If they learn that way they won't have to learn the way they may not excel at. Also kids can have a lot more fun that way. I liked the smart ville, because that is a very cool thing for them to do. I think that a lot more schools should do what that school does. :)

Article posted October 31, 2011 at 02:08 AM GMT • comment • Reads 67

I thought that the movie was really cool. I also thought that smartville was super cool that kids could act like adults. I think to go to school there would be cool. I would not want to go there because I like Voyager. I think Voyager would be the best with smartville.

Article posted November 3, 2011 at 12:04 AM GMT • comment • Reads 55

I think this would be a great expeirence to have, because it shows everyone how you're smart which is very important. I would love to show people how  I am smart in different ways and how we're all different in a good way of course. I think it's an amazing way to show that we are just as smart as the next person but in different ways. For example I might have alot of Bodily intelligence and you might have alot of Intrapersonal intelligence and that's ok. I also saw kids just like me having fun learning in different ways.The Peanut post office would be fun to have and the park. 

I like how they based their whole school on different ways of teaching kids with different smarts. It was cool how they were all learning the same things in different ways. I like how all of the kids knew what type of smart they were. I liked how the kids were didvided up into groups based on their smarts. I think that we should do something like their Smartsville thing.

I think this video is amazing! I would like to go explore the school and see what else they do! I wouldn't want to go to school there although it sounds like a great school. What I would like to do though is do all of the paintings that they had on the walls that was really cool!

Article posted November 21, 2011 at 08:10 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 57

I think I would really like to go to that school and it looked like the kids who go there realy love it. my favorite part about that school is how the kids can act like they are adults and take cooking and act like they work at a bank. also i really liked how kids can show what they can do best in a showcasing at the end of  the year. I think how they make the pre and post test is pretty cool because they make each test so that each kid can really practice there own smart. I think enota is a really cool school.

Article posted November 1, 2011 at 02:57 AM GMT • comment • Reads 97

I think Smartville is a good idea because children can learn and be adults. And if I could be an adult for at least a day, that would be cool. Also having the mail center in the school and the streets and things like that are really cool. So my thoughts about Smartville are good because of what I said before.

Article posted November 3, 2011 at 12:09 AM GMT • comment • Reads 172

I think their school is very cool because they teach in different ways. They also teach their kids how to be grown up. The teachers let the kids learn about the different types of intelligence. Their school has a smartville that lets the kids work like grown ups in a post office, a store and the hallways have street names. I think it would be a fun and easy way to learn. I think Voyager should make smartville.

In this video I saw different people doing different intellegant things.I also saw the ways that people can be smart. Also I learned alot from the Harvered guy.Who was talking about all the different smart.And I liked the part where the guy was on his bike an he was using body intellegants.It was a fun video to watch.

I really like smartville. I wish voyager had something like that. It is very pleasing to know that those kids at Enota are learning in their own special way. I would be a naturalist. I really like exotic animals.

Article posted November 4, 2011 at 01:31 AM GMT • comment • Reads 62

My reflection on the video is I think learning with the multiple intelligence method is a really good idea. I like the idea that this learning style focuses on you as an individual. In my opinion it is because that this program engages everyone according to their strength. I also like how they put what they are learning into real life by having a miniature town with a mini post office a museum of smart, a central plaza and a town store. I think students all over the country should be taught like this!

I think Edutopia is a cool place to be because you can excel at what you are really good at and show people how you do it. I would like to have something like Smartsville at Voyager because it looks really fun and I can feel like I'm responsible for important things. I like how they changed the school into a "city" and have the kids do different responsibilities like the post office and the cooking class. That stuff looks really fun and I would love to go there for a lot of reasons like the cooking class because I love food and centural park because I think it's a good place to talk and play with my friends. The last thing is the ways they learn about they're smarts and how to make them better at them, and I like how they get to show off they're smarts at a presentation they have every year.Again I would love to have smartsville at Voyager!

The Edutopia video was really  cool. I loved the Smartville theme because they got to act like parents and have responsibility! I would do the cooking classes because it would be cool to cook a lot. I would also do the post office. I really liked this video!

I think smartville is really cool!! They make kids feel like they are adults.They also have a lot of fun at smartville. It would be so cool voyager had smartville! Central park also looks like a really cool place to hang out.

I think that teaching stuedents with their strengths is a great idea. I think I would enjoy school more if we could use bodily-kinesthetic learning more often. We used this type of learning last year while rapping to remember division. Smartville looks fun. We should have Smartville at our school. 

I think that Smartville is a great thing because kids get a chance to express their selfs in a way so they can learn and have fun.What I liked the kitchen and store.

I think Edutopia is a great thing for kids to do so they can do what they are best at. When I watched the video I saw kids interacting with each other learning the same thing and having fun doing that. There are eight sections of learning. Like word smart, nature smart, and body smart. Edutopia I think is a great place to learn, interact, and have fun.

My favorite part of Edutopia is Smartville. I think Smartville is cool and I wish Voyager had Smartville! Peanut Post is my favorite part of Smartville. I Peanut Post is my favorite part because it looks busy and always on the move sending mail.like that in Smartville you can use your smarts to be an adult there. Also how you learn how would use your smarts when you are an adult.

Boys walking together in hall reviewing papersGirl at desk with a big smileGirl carrying a bin out of the office that's painted like a post office

I love when you can be an adult and feel the power. If I went to that school I know that it would alot of responsibility. I also like the part when they act like they are in a real post office. I learned alot when I saw this video.I hoped you learned alot from this blog assinment. Also GaGa out.

I think that kind of school looks really good for kids. I also like the way each of them get there own way to learn i think its very cool!!! In ways i would like to go there but i like it here way to much. I would like to take a trip there just for a day. In my opinion it looks like a great way for kids to learn.

Article posted November 2, 2011 at 02:36 AM GMT • comment • Reads 146

I think the edutopia video was cool because Kids could learn things in a new way! I also think its cool because you have alot of responiblity. In that school they have a post office and kids can pretend that they have mail and they have to sort through it. the teachers look very nice and the classes look fun too. That school looks fun! I love learning new things about people and places!  

Smartville:

What I like about Smartville is the signs they have hanging up on the wall and I also like how Howard Garder made the "smarts", because if we didn't have them, then there wouldn't be no us. What I also like about Smartville is that klids get teached in different things. And my last thing is they actually learn more about themselves.

I think Smartsville lookes like a great school. One reason is that each kid gets a choice on whicharea of smarts they work in.Another reason is that the kids get a lot of responsobility that normal school kids would not get.I aslo think it is cool that there are jobs you get for example you can work at the peach bank.One other reason Smartsville looks like a great school is tht when you get a job it teaches you lessons that could be useful later in life.

Enota is a very good school in many ways.Enota lets kids use their best talents so you are not force kids to learn a topic in one way.Enota has a good sensation so kids dont lothe going there five days of the week.Enota is a lively place with something ney each day so kids look forard to see whats next.To top it of, Smartville not only is a large area of fun, it also prepares them for the civl socity. 

Article posted October 27, 2011 at 02:41 AM GMT • comment • Reads 84

I like Smartville because it is like a little village and kids like us get to act like grown-ups and have a little mail room and everything. At first I couldn’t believe that first graders were doing all that stuff. I thought that how at the end of the year, kids get to show their talents was really cool. I would like to go visit that school!!!!

Article posted November 4, 2011 at 02:03 AM GMT • comment • Reads 56

I think the Edutopia has a very creative way for kids to learn. My favorite part was were they get to act like real adults. They also get to see how it is to have a responsiblity. I also liked that they didn`t expect all the kids to be smart in one area. They actually try to figure out were they are smart. So they can work in other areas were they aren`t as smart.

I think that having a school like that would be a great for the kids at Voyager Acadamey to learn at because it lets them learn at their own pace.  Would you agree with me?  Also the one thing I really want to say is it wold be awesome to have something like smartville at Voyager Acadamey=http://=http://!!  If I was a student at Enota Elementry I would do the "Store" thing or the "Post Office".  I think Voyager should make something like smartville.  Do you?

I watched the video and I liked that the school was a town. I would like if my house was like that. That would be a fun school to go to, especialy if you like cooking, becausse they have a cooking room.I like the song room. Also the classrooms look fun.This whole school looks fun!

I think this video is very cool because I  like the whole idea of the town and how they all used their intelligences to learn. A cool fact was that they use the countries to sing to make a musical intelligence. After that they made a flip chart. I think all these ways are great ways in learning by practicing what your good at and what you need a little practice on. There was a game on there that seemed very fun you throw chips on a a board. That helps with your math intelligence by recording numbers to.

I think that it is a good place for kids.I like how the kids can learn by using their smarts.I like how the kids can learn new smarts.I think smartvill is a good place for kids to learn how to be reasposable and to act like an adult.I like how they have a little post office.It would be super cool if voyager something like smartvill.

I really like smartville because you can learn things much better. I also like all the stores and banks and stuff like that

Article posted November 5, 2011 at 01:47 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 62

I'm going to talk about Smartville inside a school that's about multiple intelligences. They've got a very populer store, where other kids "buy" food! But what about money? They go to the bank and collect some money. The kids love how they have a chance to be a grown-up! All the hallways are street names, and they even have a central park! They even have a post office, where they sort the mail, and then send it to the right person. It must be very fun to be in charge of yourself sometimes. It would be cool to do that during shool, and fun. One day we should do that, like during spirit week, or just for fun.

INTRO TO THE SCHOOL AND SMARTS!!!!

I think that Dr. Howard Gardner did a really good job about creating this system so kids that are young can truly understand themselves and they can even do better when they grow up. This also helps them build on their weakness so they do well in everything. The group in the hall doing music and picture on the map is a good way for the kids to have fun and learn the continents, countries, state and many cities. The dominoes group also a good idea because they can use their logic and picture smart so they can learn about math in a fun way. The group playing the throwing checker pieces on a target game is also a good way to learn because they are using their body and logic smart to throw a checker piece and then use their logic smart to record their score. This system also lets kids shine in their own skills.

SMARTVILLE

Smartville is a good idea because it lets kids do things that they wouldn't do until they are grown up so they get to understand the community as kids. The Culinary Academy is a good thing to have at a school so kids can use their logic smart in measurement. The Peanut Post Office is also a good thing to have at a school because kids can feel like adults and have responsibilities like delivering mail and post. I think this system of learning is a really good way for children because it prepares them for their life ahead and it also helps them learn and understand themselves.

I relly think Smartville was agood idea it looks as though can work on you  strongest parts the most but also try other things. My favorite part of Smartville was the shop I like it the most because you can relly feel like an adult. My least  favorite part was the bakery because it looked like the teacher was running everything. I really wish we could do this at voyager.

That school looked awesome. One of my favorite parts is the mail place. I think it would be fun to sort the mail and take it to the teachers. I like it how you can learn any way you want so you learn faster.

THAT SCHOOL LOOKED AWESOME=http://=http://=http://=http://

sorry its late 

My opinion about smartville is I think it is pretty cool. One reason I think this is that at Smartville children can use their smarts in everyday adult life. Another reason why is at Smartville the halls have street names and also a post office. At the post office children can sort the teachers mail. I really think that Smartville is awesome. 

What I like about the multiple Intelligence video is that it was so cool to change a school into a small town and have children act as adults and go to work. It was a fun system of games and such while also learning about their own smarts and seeing how it would be needed in everyday life as an adult and some as child. That is one pretty cool school!

I love the idea of an independent school. I also like the post office. Kids can see what it is like being an adult. It can be hard to be an adult. I want to visit.

I think Smartville is very cool.  I like it that they have a little city in their school, and I like the post office.  I wish I could go to that school but I also like Voyager.  Their school looks fun because you get to focus on what you are smart in.  Since we are the Voyager Vikings I wonder what their mascot is.  I think they should be called the Edutopia Enciladas!  I like enciladas and since enciladas starts with an E it sounds good.

My favorite part was the post office I would want to deliver Mr.Banks and other teachers mail any day. I also enjoy how they have there owen town in there school.Iwish Mr.bennet would do that to Voyager. I am not the bigest fan of the bakery it dosent look that cool. Are school is sort of like theres because we have simaler enrichments to there classes.

If I had to choose to move to there school I would say no because I would miss all my friends and the great teachers here at VA. I also would miss the lunchs and enrichments that we have. I like there school and all its just I like it hear better.

Article posted October 27, 2011 at 01:33 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 56

I think it was really cool that they let their kids do that stuff.I really liked how they made the school into the little town.It was really cool how they made a store and streets.I wish i could have sorted the mail, that looked fun! I thought that they really enjoyed learning like that!

I like edutopia because you use multiple intelligences. I think it a good way to teach kids many things. I also like Smartville beause it teaches what you can do when you get older. This is some of the things you can do there:mail man store worker and you can also work at the bank. That why I like edutopia and smartville.

`I like that school because they split you up by your brightness. I also like that school because they have a town of there own inside the school. I would love that school if I was there. I would love to try it out. I would also like to try to be what my parents are every day that would be so cool!

Smart ville academy is a great school to go to because it has multiple smarts. In my opinion I like the school because it has a miniature post office for children to learn how to be a mail man and also so they can learn what's it like to be a mail man. Smart Ville academy is really cool because it has a little talent show at the end of the year so they could show off their smarts. Smart Ville for a fact has there school broken up into little city's like the museum of smarts.

Article posted November 4, 2011 at 12:59 AM GMT • comment • Reads 53

At smartville you can do alot of cool things. My favorite oart about smartville is when they get to pretend to work at a real post office. I think that it's really cool because you get to act like an adult. I also think it would be fun to run a store. And I think it would be pretty fun to do all of those hands on activities.

One thing I like about Edutopia is that you can do grown-up jobs.Some of the jobs are working at the post office. Another thing I like about Edutopia is that their halls are like a village sort of thing.Also Edutopia is a great school because you can learn more about yourselves. Edutopia is awesome!!!

Smartsville  

Smartville i think was really cool cause they go to be a adult. I would like to go to this school. It seem like your having so much fun you dont do work.Using your smart is fun cause you don't have to work.I would like to use my smarts.

I think it would befun to work in the post office. Although I want to learn more about the central park and the store. Do you know if they only have elementary, or does Smartville have 5th and up?  i'd probably be naturalist.  what smart do you think you'd be in?  i think it would be fun to go to smartville!

I learned that they have a very unique way of learning how they are smart. I personally think that smartville is a great way to show thier talents. I was absolutely amazed on how good they are. I also think that more schools should do thing like this. My last opinion is that I think we should do this at Voyager.

I like this video because the children do a lot of hands on stuff. They find ways to learn about themselves and work together. They connect to what they might be and they connect together. What I want to ask, is this school a magnet, charter,or public?

My name is Emily. I have two dogs. One is a shitzu named Zoey she is a four year old female. And the other is a Cairn Terrior named Max he is a two year old male. I also have one male betta fish. We are also going to get some chickens soon. The last and final animal I have is my little brother named Nolan he is a eight year old male. When I grow up I would like to be a domestic veternarian not a farm one. The reason why I want to be a DOMESTIC veternarian is becuase I love dogs. So hopefully I won`t have to deal with the cats a lot. Not that I don`t like cats it`s just that I have never had one before so I don`t know how to care of them. Also, when I grow up I`m gonna have two dogs, I`m not sure what kind yet, and two to three kids. If I have three I want two girls and one boy. If I have two kids I want one boy and one girl. I love the sport soccer and I also do tae kwon do, and teach these cute 6 year old kids. That is ME and what i am going to do when I grow up!