Hello! welcome to Courtneys Page!!!-

Have you ever wondered what an aglet was? if you have ever watched the cartoon Phinies And Ferb, you would know because they sung a song about it. Well its that medal or plastic thingymabobber on the end of your shoelace.They were invented for when you are lacing your shoe, all of the little strings dont fall apart, that would be a mess!No one really knows who invented the aglet but we think they were first made to replace the button on the end of a ribbon or a pice of clothing so it doesent fall apart. It sounds kinda funny right? but it use to be spelled, Aiglet which came from the older french word, aiguillette. Both these words are french which came from the word aiguille which means needle. Today aglets can be used at the ends of cords, cables, bolo ties, and sometimes fancy belts. Here are some handy aglet words to stick in you vocabulary.

.aglet

.tounge

.eyelet...By the way, a eyelet is the part of the shoe that has the holes in it to weave the shoelace through it.

.unraveling

.drawstring

Article posted March 15, 2012 at 09:39 AM • comment • Reads 58 • see all articles