Hello! welcome to Courtneys Page!!!-

I really like this book because it had lots of mystery and adventure and a few sad parts.My friend Sloane recomended this book for me and it also looked really good. I was supprised at a few parts because i really didnt expect it to happen (im not gonna say which part because i dont want to spoil it for those of you who havent read it (you should!!!))  I would recomend this book for any one who likes adventure and mysterys. Just in case you dont know what this book looks like, here it is!!!and dont forget to read the rest of the series!

For this blog i am doing the cheese grater. People all over the world use cheese graters to slice big blocks of cheese instead of having to do it with a knife. The cheese grater can be in any color and size. They have small, sharp edges that poke out of the body of it that cuts the cheese or also caqlled microplanes. It was invented by Francois Boullier in the 1540s. Boulliers first cheese grater was made out of pewter and is now displayed in a meuseum in Le Havre.                    

Im a bit late on this but over spring break i, rode horses almost every day and we came across a snake twice on horse back...im the woods...AHH! so yah bye!

I really like animals poems because its something that im intarested in. ONE of my favorite animals is a polar bear. I like polar bears because not alot of people think about them as much as dogs or cats. I also think they are beautiful animals. I already know that they live in the artic, they eat seals and fish. I really like polar bears!

Have you ever wondered what an aglet was? if you have ever watched the cartoon Phinies And Ferb, you would know because they sung a song about it. Well its that medal or plastic thingymabobber on the end of your shoelace.They were invented for when you are lacing your shoe, all of the little strings dont fall apart, that would be a mess!No one really knows who invented the aglet but we think they were first made to replace the button on the end of a ribbon or a pice of clothing so it doesent fall apart. It sounds kinda funny right? but it use to be spelled, Aiglet which came from the older french word, aiguillette. Both these words are french which came from the word aiguille which means needle. Today aglets can be used at the ends of cords, cables, bolo ties, and sometimes fancy belts. Here are some handy aglet words to stick in you vocabulary.

.aglet

.tounge

.eyelet...By the way, a eyelet is the part of the shoe that has the holes in it to weave the shoelace through it.

.unraveling

.drawstring

Article posted March 3, 2012 at 12:01 AM GMT • comment • Reads 52

So far in our poetry unit i like creative writing because its fun to write our own poems.I like onimonipia because I like the silly noise words.I like poems about animals because I like animals.I like to use ryme and end ryme in the poems that i write.I really like poetry better than ever!

My favorite poem is called "True Story" and this is how goes,

This morning i jumped on my horse

And went out for a ride,

And some wild outlaws chased me

And they shot me in the side.

So i crawled into a wildcats's cave

To find a place to hide,

But some pirates found me sleeping there,

And soon they had me tied

To a pole and built a fire

Under me-I almost cried

Till a mermaid came and cut me loose

And begged to be my bride,

So i said i'll come back Wendnesday

But i must admit i lied.

Then i ran into a jungle swamp

But i forgot my guide

And i stepped into some quicksand,

And no matted how hard i tried

I couldent get out, until i met

A water snake named Clyed,

Who pulled me to some cannibals

Who planned to have me fried.

But an eagle swooped me up

And throu the air we flied,

But he dropped me in a boiling lake

A thousand miles wide.

And you'll never guess what i did then-

I DIED

-By Shel Silverstein

One reson why i like this poem is because it has alot of really random things that he does in it and the at the end , he just all of a sudden dies.Another reson is because its

really funny and it is very creative. i also thought about if hes ded, then how is he telling this story. Comment on this blog if you think you know the answer!

My wonder of the day is # 256 or, What Is Gibberish? Gibberish is actually another saying for talking alot or saying things that dont really have a english meaning.For example, blah blah blah, that is gibberish or another word for it is Mumbo Jumbo. Some people call it blaber and others call it yammering. Also, to speak gibberish, you just add gibberish letters , numbers or signs , for example, cat is to - catdnfds in gibberish. see you add a lot of just random letters to the end of your word. it is actually really fun to talk gibberish. and this is a funny way to put gibberish in public...

.blah blah yellow sign_shutterstock_20194870 

Babbling- talk a lot about a lot of random things

Yammering- Talking a lot or continously

gibberish-  adding random letters to the end of a word

below, there is a atachment to wonderopolis...check it out, its really cool!!!!!

www.wonderopolis.org

In Iceland, some of their traditions are hanging snow flake ornaments to represent christmas snow. A really cool tradition is they put out little elves to represent christmas goblins or elves and they are called, Jolasveninar.Also they hang candals made of mutton tallow on a tree by fastning them down with wire.The seson starts 13 days before christmas day. According to 13 century legend, two ogres lived in the mountains and the womans name was Gryla and her husbands name was and Gryla went from house to house begging food. At Christmas time, she stole children that had been bad during the past year. In 1746 the king of Iceland forbade the telling of this folk tale. From then on, the children (Jolasveinar) of the two ogres became associated with the Christmas season.

Article posted December 9, 2011 at 01:57 AM GMT • comment • Reads 38

hey every body, i hope you have en enjoying blog meister as much as i have and here are some funny quotes oe sayings that will hopefully brighten up your day as much as it did mine!! and some of these are true!!!

Article posted December 8, 2011 at 12:37 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

So far I really like this book. The main story is that joeys dad is in war when the British (or red coats,) take over their village and the captain chooses their house as the men’s headquarters. Then, they built all kinds of new things, which lead to the hanging of many of the American soldiers. Joey finds out that his father is in the jail that the other men had built. His mother is very worried when she finds out about Joeys father, so she has asked to go see him in jail. The captain refuses to let her see him but he lets Joey. When he goes to see him, he looks horrible and in shackles. He tells Joey that he is going to be shipped overseas on an island. When he gets back to the house, he doesn’t tell his mother about the condition that his father is in. But he does decide to do something about the red coats taking over their house; he puts a blanket over a fire to leave the soldiers with no headquarters. They make him into a slave, and that’s what has happened so far.If you want to read this, this is what this book looks like....

A way that I can use my bodily-kinesthetic intelligence is in science when we do experiments, math when we play factor captor and in language arts when we have free writing time. On my free time I like to build things and doodle. I also love to ride horses which take a lot of hand coordination and hand activity because you have to hold the raines, keep your head up, heals down, keep the horses head down (collected), stay on the horse, controll the horse, sit up, keep your back arched and lots more. I could also use my intelligence to type on the computer.i love to horseback ridei can use my tallent to do science experiments

i can use my tallents to do math games    i can use my tallent to write storys

Article posted October 27, 2011 at 02:41 AM GMT • comment • Reads 86

I like Smartville because it is like a little village and kids like us get to act like grown-ups and have a little mail room and everything. At first I couldn’t believe that first graders were doing all that stuff. I thought that how at the end of the year, kids get to show their talents was really cool. I would like to go visit that school!!!!

Article posted October 20, 2011 at 01:29 AM GMT • comment • Reads 65

I am the best in body kinesthetetic intelligence and interpersonal intelligence out of all the other things. I love how all people have diffrent talents and hobbies. I love to build shelters, and all kinds of cool contraptions like that, I love to doodle, I love animals, I love to ride my horse and I think you would enjoy it.  I am very coordinated. I like to fish and my dad might take me hunting. I also like to do all kinds of other things too. Thanks, 

Courtney

i love to ride my horse     i love to doodle       i like to hunt and fish           I love animals

Article posted October 5, 2011 at 01:35 AM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 80

My state is New Mexio and my partner is Alex.So far i have learned some of the major lakes and rivers there and they are...The elephat butte lake, Navajo Lake ,Rio Grande, Pecos river and the San Juan river.Their state fair is held for 17 days in Septmber.They were officially admtted a the 47th state in the USA in 1912.I like this state beause it has lots of diffrent sports and activitys.I also like this state because i think it is like a minni replica mexico!!!! I think that you would be supprised at how their state does lots of things.

This is where it is on the map

these are all the citys in New Mexico.

This is their state flag

they enjoy soccer...ALOT!!!!

This is New Mexicos state seal.

Article posted September 26, 2011 at 09:14 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 36

Hey everybody its courtney again and this is just a little more about me.I love the beach and I really really want to learn how to surf but sadly...my family never gets the chance to go.Annyway i am in mrs.webers homeroom and my favorite spical is PE .My favorite food is ribs and beef jearky and my favorte snack is gummy bears and well...all kinds of gummys.And once again ...I love HORSES!!!!!!!!Annyway, the website i was talking about earlyer is here!!!here is a link!!!I hope you enjoy it and if you have anny questions just ask me or comment!!!

Article posted September 20, 2011 at 01:26 AM GMT • comment • Reads 81

Hey everybody...its courtney again and my book that i am reading now is the tale of Despereaux.I love this book because it has lots of adventure and its really cute.I picked this book because in 2nd grade I read a little bit of it and i wanted to read it again.i reccomed this book for everyone who is not afraid of mice...(lol)and people who love adventure and fun.Thanks again ....

Courtney

Article posted September 9, 2011 at 12:02 PM GMT • comment (16) • Reads 58

Hi Im Courtney and i am 10 years old.My favorite animal is a horse and i have 6 of them.My horses name is Tigger.Shes a jet black quarter horse.I enjoy playing bad mitten and ridding Tigger.I go to church and i am very active in the activitys that we do.i have 1 sister and 5 couzions and 1 more that goes to my school.Her name is Abigale T.My favorite colors are lime green and purple.I also love to talk and tex with friends.thanks,,

Courtney