LEIF'S VERY AMAZING EPICLY EPIC BLOG OF EPICNESS! THATS RIGHT! YOUR ON MY EPIC BLOG! YEAH, YOU READ RIGHT!! YAY! YES! HORRAY! JOY! HAPPY! GREAT! WONDERFUL! OH YEAH! PIE! YEEEHA! WOOOHOO!-

Charles Babbage invented the first automatic calculator, which he started in 1839 and perfected in 1871. This was a large step toward the small, flat calculators with screens that we have today. Its appearance is a large machine, taller than an adult, with lots of gears and wheels. This invention helped us do equations quickly and accurately. Math would be a lot harder without the calculator. Be also grateful for the first small calculator though. It must’ve been quite troublesome to use a large, complicated machine full of gears for a few math problems.   

Article posted April 26, 2012 at 03:49 PM • comment • Reads 127 • see all articles

LEIF'S VERY AMAZING BLOG! HE HAS TWO CATS, LIKES PLAYING MINECRAFT, AND LIKES WRITING IN CAPS! I SAY!