Tye's Totally Terrific Blog!!!!!!-

My book was Go Big or Go Home. I wanted to read this book because when I heard the back it sounded very interesting and adventurous. I like books that have something to do with space and sci fi! I think a surprising event is when Brady Steele (the main character) finds out that Fred (a meteorite that crashes into his house) is rare. I WOULD reccomend this book to other readers. I would reccomend this book because its really detailed and it has lots of cliff hangers! Some of the characters include... Brady, Quinn, Max, Buzz, Attila, and Cal.

Warning: Once you start reading this book you will not be able to put it down!!!

Im doing the lightbulb. The lightbulb is a everyday use because we use them everwhere. Some places include, Your house, School, and at the store. Lights make our lives better so we can see where we are going! Thomas Edison invented the lightbulb we use today. But the first evolution of the lightbulb was created in 1800 by a guy named Sir Humphry Davy. Lightbulbs can be many shapes and sizes. Like Christmas lights are tiny and some Lightbulbs are twisty. They are white and made out of glass. They help us with many things!

A nonfiction topic I like is Ocean animals. To be more specific Dolphins. I like Dolphins because they're funny and have a cool personality. I already know that Dolphins eat fish. I dont know alot about them though. Its exciting to read about Dolphins because when I read about them I will know more. I'll try to read more about them because I enjoy reading about things I like. It makes It very interesting. Im excited we will be learning about nonfiction things. I cant wait to learn more about Dolphins.

I'm doing why is it called black Friday? Black Friday means its time to go shopping! On that day there are huge sales and stores open at as early as 4:00 am! Actually black Friday is named when police and bus drivers would call it black Friday the day after thanksgiving when the roads would have a traffic jam. Another holiday close to Black Friday is called cyber Monday. Its for people who cant go to sales on Black Friday or dont want to get in the huge crowd. Black Friday is the busiest shopping spree ever. And its close to Christmas!

Wonder Words

Clogg= Clogg means jammed or crowded.

Profit= Profit means what you earned like money.

Traffic= Traffic means cars are in a long line not moving.

My Favorite poet is Shel Silverstien. I like him because he uses a lot of end rhymes. Those are my favorite devices! They're also the device that I can find the best. But if I could use a device in my own poemi would choose allerteration. Maybe metaphors. I'll try to be very creative because I love and enjoy writing poems!! I hope to write funny poems!

My Sisters always on the phone

By:Bruce Lansky

My sister's always on the phone i never see her study.

She doesn't do her homework that why her grades are bad.

My Sisters always on the Phone but I don't think it's cool.

My sister is so popular she's flunking out of school.

I like this poem because it's funny and it has Repetion in it. Another reason is because it could happen in real life and I like those kind of poems! I would give this poem two thumbs up!

Jelly fish don't produce jelly. Jellyfish aren't fish at all! They lived in the sea before dinosaurs. jelly fish don't have bones, brains,blood,or even a heart!Their body is not jelly but it's 90 percent water. So if you take them out of water they just become blobs. So Jellyfish are not made out of jelly!

VOCABULARY

Elegant = means beautiful

Plankton = are closely related to coral and sea anemones

Prey = food for predator

The  Christmas Season  for France starts on Saint Martin's day. And ends on January 6. They have a big feast on January 6, called Epiphany. One tradition is called the Yule Log tradition. It's when the family goes and picks a big Christmas tree and cuts it down  together. The family cicles the log three times and places it in the fire place. They take a glass of wine with oil and salt and pour it on the log. I think its strange that right when they cut down the tree they take it home and burn it. But I know traditions are differrent in different states.  It might seem weird but it's cool to learn new things!

My book i'm reading is The Keeping Room and it is about a boy named (Joey who is the main character) and his family. Joeys dad left to be a slave for the British and now Joey has to keep himself and his family safe by himself. Now in my book the British has come. They took away Joeys

home so its really sad. But I know Joey is going to keep his family safe!

My intelligence is doing things with nature. If I had to make up a project i would probably bring in pictures of farm animals and tell everyone how to take care of those animals and what they eat and why they help the earth. I might also bring in seeds and a flower pot and show everyone how to plant and water a flowers correctly. That would be easy becuse it does not take a long time. Also it would show how I love and care for nature. Those would be fun!

My name is tye and i like to hang out with my friends. I really really love to read. Whenever I have free time I read! My favorite color is lime green and my favorite movie and book is the Hunger Games. Thats all!