Lance's Blog!-

My book was Among The Hidden. I wanted to read this book because when Mrs.Berkman read the back of it the book caught my attention when she said shadow children. A exciting moment in theb book is when Luke goes out of his property for the first time to go and see another Shadow Child named Jen. I would totally recommend this book to another reader because the book is filled with suspense. :)

oo I  like the title on this one! :)

I wanted to read this book because it looked like a good book from the front cover and the back when Mrs. Berkman read it.One really interesting part in my book is when Jen died ten everything went wrong.I would reccomed this book for that like sad stories ans kind of scary stories at some parts. I think there is seven books in the seires.

Would you recommend this book to another reader? Why or why not?

I read Lunchbox and the aliens! Liked reading lunchbox and the aliens because it has a cool name and I like to read things that have funny things in them. I would recommend this book to you if you like things that are funny, things in space, and things that have dogs in them. I think the best moment in the book is when lunchbox got brain washed and it made him very smart. Lunchbox is my favorite character because he does very funny things in the book. Here is the back of the book it says “Lunchbox is your average basset hound dog with floppy ears, and not too bright until he’s suddenly adducted by frazz and grunfloz''. I would like to tell you more about the book but I can’t give it all  away.     

I wanted to read Go Big or Go Home because it seemed like a good book and the title was awesome. One interesting moment was when Buzz and Max used their catapult for the first time. Because it seemed awesome and they launched toilets and Fred. I would recommend this book to a person who likes action. Because most parts in the book were action and it was a really good book.

The book I read was the Green Futures of Tycho. I wanted to read Lunchbox and the Aliens or Go Big or Go Home real bad. I did not want to read Among the Hidden. I would have put Flip in for my third choice but I am a very slow reader and I wouldn't have finished the book in time. The only other book was the Green Futures of Tycho. At the very begging when Tycho finds the time travel device is probably the best part. I would not recomend this book to someone unless they love time travel and it is there favorite thing. This book basically only had a lot of time travel and not much else. It is great for a while because time travel is cool. Then I got bored because all he does is time travel.

I wanted to read Flip because when Mrs. Berkman read the back to us it sounded really interesting. I really liked the first page because it had a lot of detail. I liked when The main character, Ryan, "flpped" into Gandhi during a fight with the schools biggest bully. I also liked when Ace stopped Billy from throwing a cynderblock onto Ryan's head because Billy could have killed Ryan. I would recommend this book to people our age because it seems like something they would enjoy.

I read Go Big or Go Home. I wanted to read this book because it seemed interesting and really amusing. A really exciting event that happend in  my book that other people would like is when Brady (the main character) did a 360 in the air over a biffalo and saved a kid. Yes I would recomend the book to somebody who likes action. This is because this book has a lot of action, bike ridingand walking through caves. I really liked this book and I'm sure a lot of other people would too.

I read Amoung The Hidden. I wanted to read this book because it sounded really good and interesting to me. A really exciting event that I thought was exciting was when Luke became brave enough to go acroos the street to the Sport families house to see if they had a third child too. I would reccommened this book to someone who likes a medium lenght book and a pretty long series. I think thseries is about seven books long  series is about seven books long but I am on the second book and it is really good so far.

aaa

I wanted to read flip because it was bigger and usually bigger books have a lot of detail and I like that.  One exiting thing was when Ryan the main character turned into Gandhi. He got beat up for trying to make peace.I would recommend the book if you like longer books.It is still a really good book.

Article posted May 17, 2012 at 12:51 AM GMT • comment • Reads 70

I read Flip. I read this book beause it sounded good and interesting. An exciting part in the book was when Ryan beat Billy in the fight.  I would recommend this book to other people because it was really good and ecxiting at some points. I would recommend this book to people who like stuff from aliens and fights. I am glad I got to read this book!

Article posted May 18, 2012 at 10:46 AM GMT • comment • Reads 78

Among the hidden was my scfi and it was an atention graber from when Mrs.Berkman read the back. I also wanted it as my scfi book because i knew it had a seris. I was really upset when died because if it wasn't for her Luke wouldn't have known about the rally of even that she was even real. Now Luke's names is Lee Grant and he's going to a boarding school, with the help of Jen's dad who works for the population police.Will Luke ever see his real family again? read the seris to find out what will happen next! 

For the Sci-Fi reading books, I read Go Big  or Go Home. I think that  I really wanted to read Go Big or Go Home beacause it sounded like an awsome adventourus book, and it was! If you like action and adventure, then I recomend this book to you. It is a book with many surprises, one of the biggest is in the begining of the book, when Brady finds th meteorite and where. There are a lot more surprises after that, trust me.

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 12:01 AM GMT • comment • Reads 92

My book was The Green Futures of Tycho. I wanted to read this book because I like time traveling. An exciting part in the book is when Tycho finds the egg. I would reccomend this book to people. I would reccomend it to people who like time traveling and to people who like Sci Fi books. 

The sci-fi book I read was Go Big Or Go Home, and I loved it. I wanted to read this book because I like action books. I think one part a new reader would like hear about when Brady jumped the buffalo. I would recommend this book for people who like action. Even if you don’t like action it is still a great book.

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 12:05 AM GMT • comment • Reads 88

I wanted to read this book because I thought it would be exciting and entertaining. It turned out that it had a lot of action. One exciting thing is Brady, who is the main character does some really extreme stuff. Brady jumped over a bull. In that scene, a kid was in danger and Brady saved him by attracting the bull's attention. I recommend this book for Sam and Jacob because they like action.

Why i  wanted to read this book is because i thought it was one of the most interesting books in one of the group of books. One really exciting or interesting moment in the book was went lunchbox gets abducted. And another think or interesting moment was lunchbox gets taken away by animal control. I would recemond this book to someone that likes aliens and dogs=http://=http://!! 

I really enjoyed Flip. I liked the parts when Ryan 'shares his head' with a legend. Especially when he flipped into Elvis, that was really funny. Flip was a good, but worded wrong, sort of. It had some age-inapropreate words in it. Over all it was an outstanding book. :) 

Why did you want to read this book?

I didn’t really want to read this book. It was the only other book that looked cool besides Among the Hidden, the book I wanted to read.

What is one really exciting or interesting moment in the book that you think a new reader would like to hear about?

A person would like to read about the first time Tycho goes to the future. In this part, Tycho sees the best future of all the futures he goes to in the book. This is the best one because it really shows how humans can evolve and become better people. This is shown by the very advanced city and mix of cultures that he encounters on the trip.

I would recommend this book to another reader who likes a time travel theme. In this book, Tyco finds a small egg that lets him time travel. The book is also filled with lots of time paradoxes. For example, Tycho goes back in time to pull a prank on his older siblings and changes his life from that point on.

My book was Go Big or Go Home and I wanted to read this book because the book sounded very interesting to me. One interesting part is when a meteorite crashes through Brady's roof. Another interesting part is when Brady goes dormant and his cousin and friends try to save him and make him come back to life. I would recommend this book to other readers.It has adventure, funny, and action types of genres and is a very great book. 

I read Lunchbox and the Aliens. I wanted to read this book because it sounded interesting to me. I can tell you one surprise. The mayor is a crook. I would recomened this to somebody. I would recomend it to you because it is a really good book about aliens wanting a dog to do things for them! This is a very interesting book!:)

The sci-fi book i had was Lunchbox and the alains. I thought this book was really good and interresting but could be counfussing at sometimes. The reason I picked this book is because I thought it was really cool how the dog could be that smart! I really liked the part when Lunchbox attacked the mayor because I thought it was pretty funny and im pretty sure other readers would think that it is also funny. I would recommend this book to friends and other people because I thought it was a great book! :)

I wanted to read this book because, I like time travel and thats what this book is about. One of the most exciting part was when I found out that one of Tychos brothers had gotten so fat he looked like a blob of jello in his room on the moon. The other exciting event was when tamara got to dance on the moon. I would recomend this to people to anyone who likes to read about an adventures their age. However if you get attached to characters easly I do not recomed this book.

I wanted to read this book because it sounded cool. The exciting part was when Brady almost fell in a hole.He couldn't see so he fell in the hole. I would recommend this book because there exciting parts in it.

For my Sci-Fi novel I got Flip.  I chose Flip because it looked interesting and it would be the first big book I read that is not 70 pages.  I think a new reader would like to know that as you go along it gets better.  I would recommend this book because it is about kids a little bit older than us and there are some parts where you might laugh.  For a class project, it would be easier if you were a fast reader.  Some parts Are better than others like when the fight ended because Ace stopped Billy because Taylor was nice to him rather than when Mr. McKenzie yelling at Ryan.  Some parts I could've gone without like when the characters used bad language.  Other thatn that I kInd of liked it.

I wanted to read Among the Hidden because I love the title. The interesting thing that happened in my book was a girl named Jen died. I think that, that will persuade you to read the book. I would recommend this book if you like to read about kids. Because you will surely love it.

I did not really want to read this book but it seemed the second most interesting book that i could be fast enough to read. I think that the most important thing is when he hears the Mayor talk to the man. I think that is important because if he did not say that the book wpuld be borning. I would not tell someone to read this book. I think this because I thought the book was borning and cheeseie.

I chose Flip because I wanted a challenge. It was the longest out of the choises and I wanted to see what it ment by changing into different people. I liked the first time Ryan tried a disk because I was so confused when he started acting so strange. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes drama and comady because Flip had a lot of both. I enjoyed reading this book and would like to find out more about the auther so I can read more of her books.

My book was Go Big or Go Home. I wanted to read this book because when I heard the back it sounded very interesting and adventurous. I like books that have something to do with space and sci fi! I think a surprising event is when Brady Steele (the main character) finds out that Fred (a meteorite that crashes into his house) is rare. I WOULD reccomend this book to other readers. I would reccomend this book because its really detailed and it has lots of cliff hangers! Some of the characters include... Brady, Quinn, Max, Buzz, Attila, and Cal.

Warning: Once you start reading this book you will not be able to put it down!!!

For my Language Arts book I did....

Among the Hidden  By:Margaret Peterson Haddix

For my Sci Fi novel I got "Among the Hidden" by Margaret Peterson Haddix.I wanted to read this book because it seemed so interesting and Sloane told me it was a REALLY good book.And I DEFINETLY agree with Sloane.Something that was really exciting was when Luke found another shadow children. He made BEST FRIENDS with her.Of course I would recommend this book to anyone!Why?Because it had A LOT of description in it, and it was so interesting.If you don't like "Among the Hidden", then you can choose some other series by Margaret Peterson Haddix.Here are some of the other series...

Article posted May 18, 2012 at 12:39 AM GMT • comment • Reads 62

The book i read was Flip. I wanted to read this book because it sounded the most intresting when Mrs.Berkman read the books back and first page. One exciting moment was when  Ryan found out how to use the discs. Yes, I would reccomend this book to another reader. I think they should because  I thought it was one of ten best sci-fi books i've read.

Go Big or Go Home was my book of choice!I wanted to read this novel because the back cover discription looked like something I would read. An exciting moment is when Brady was almost hit by a meteorite.Brady also valted over a buffalo bull, which was also very exciting.I would recomend this novel to any one who likes astriods and extreme stuff but wants it to be good.I say this because it's about an meteorite, extreme stuff, and is short but well writen.  

I really like this book because it had lots of mystery and adventure and a few sad parts.My friend Sloane recomended this book for me and it also looked really good. I was supprised at a few parts because i really didnt expect it to happen (im not gonna say which part because i dont want to spoil it for those of you who havent read it (you should!!!))  I would recomend this book for any one who likes adventure and mysterys. Just in case you dont know what this book looks like, here it is!!!and dont forget to read the rest of the series!

My Sci Fi book was The Green Futures of Tycho. The reason I wanted to read this book was because when Mrs. Berkman read the back of the book I wanted to know what would happen and all the details to the story. I think a interesting moment a new reader would want to hear is that when Tycho found the time traveling device his brothers and sister had cornered him but then he accidently time traveled and they were all confused including Tycho. Wheather or not I would recommend this book to someone depends on the person. If the person likes Sci Fi and specifically time traveling then yes I would recommend it.

The book I read was Lunchbox and the Aliens.  I wanted to read this book because it looked funny and that the back of the book was interesting.  One interesting part in the book is when the Urplung Greebly's / Spaceship's power-grid exploded.  I would not reccomend this book to another reader becuase there are alot of stupid made up word's such as froonga and Rantis Gremulator.  Another reason is because the story is not very clear, like it dosen't make sense.

I wanted To read this book because in it there are alien discs and the book was longer and I wanted to read a book closer to my reading level. A very interesting moment in this book is when Ryan(one of the main characters) found the alien disks. I would recomend this book. It is fun and changes a character into someone he is not. This book is a very fun and interesting book.

Flip is the book I got for our Si-Fi novels. I wanted to read Flip because when Mrs. Berkman read the back and the first page was drawn to it. An exciting moment was when Billy the bully and Ryan a main chacter got in a fight. I would recomend this book to many people because it's well plotted and has great detail. If your looking for a great book read Flip!

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 12:02 AM GMT • comment • Reads 93

I read lunckbox and the aliens. I wanted to read this book because when Mrs. Berkman read the back it sounded very intresting. A exiting part of the book was when lunchbox attacked the mayor. I would recomend this book. I would recomend this book because it has lots of action in it.

I picked this book because I like reading about time traveling. Some exciting moments in this book where when Tycho sees himself from the past and the futures. It is exciting to read about what he has become in the futures he goes to, and each one is bad. I'ld recommend this book to people that want a sci-fi book that doesn't take along time to read and for people that like time traveling books. Tycho has a great adventure. You should read it.

Flip was an awesome book. I wanted to read Flip because it looked like an interesting book. Something that was really cool in the book was that the opposite twins Ryan and Taylor actually agreed with each other. I think that people that like science fiction will like Flip. I think this because you really need to think with a science fiction mind. Also I hope I get to read more books like Flip in the future. 

Recently I read the book Flip. I chose to read the book because I liked the title and the story line sounded pretty intresting. Flip is about a kid who found these disc that tranform him in to anyone. (with a disc).  The other main character is his sister Taylor and his friend Ellis. The main theme in the bppk is characters with special talents and avanced machines. One reason I wouldn't recommend the book was bcause it started out pretty slow.  Other than that Flip was a pretty good book.

Go Big or Go Home    

Brady Steele watches in awe as a fireball comes crashing through the roof of his house. Brady immediately calls up his cousin, Quinn. They both love all things extreme, and this is the most extreme thing everFred, as Brady names his space rock, turns out to be one of the rarest meteorites ever found. Professor Rip Ripley from the museum in Hill City wants to study a sliver of it in search of extraterrestrial bacteria. He's hoping to discover the first proof of life beyond Earth, aamazing breakthrough for the new science of astrobiology.During a wild week of extreme bicycling, fishing, and caving, Brady and Quinn battle their rivals, the  Carver boys, for possession of the meteorite. With each new day, Brady is discovering he's able to do strange and wonderful feats that shouldn't be possible. At the same time, he's developing some really bad symptoms. He is infected with dormant microbes from space.

This quarter of Language Arts the book  theme was SciFi. The book i chose was called Lunchbox and the Aliens. I chose this book in particular because i liked the description on the back of the cover. I loved this book a lot and my favorite part was when Mayor Thornhill was arrested. Why? One he is EVIL because he was bribing the garabage man wastrying to win an election too with the money. I would recommend this book to people who love funny stories because this one is hillarious and weird but funny events happen to a regular dog and his boy.

i read the book go big or go home. I wanted to read this book because i liked the back summary. There were many exciting parts in this book. I would recommend thos book to someone who likes adventure. This book  was filled with adventure. 

The book I read was “Flip”, it was very good.  The reason I wanted to read Flip is it sounded like a cliff hanger book, and it was. My favorite part is when Ryan flipped and became a lady! I would recommend this book to fast readers who have a high lexile level. Some parts in the book are better than others. For example, it was exciting when Billy and Ryan had a fist fight. The only thing I don’t like about the book is some language used. Overall it was a very good book.

I wanted to read this book because it seemed interesting when mrs. Berkman read the back. I think it was interesting when Frazz was sent to earth. I also liked it when the giant ship came and took all the little space creatures.I would recomend this book to somone who liked to read about weird creatures and dogs.

I wanted to read this book because it seemed funny. It also had a dog on the front and i love dogs. A really exiting place in the book is when Frazz gets sent to Earth. I would reccomend this book to certain people because it is very funny but not very realistic.

The reason that I wanted to read this book was because it looked very interesting from what my classmates told me. I also wanted to read this book because it was a sci-fi book and sci-fi books are pretty cool from my experiences. I think who ever the new reader is should hear this interesting fact, Brady the main character, was almost got hit (if he was sleeping in his bed) by a meteorite that he called FRED. Fred stood for far roaming I forgot. I would definitely recommend for someone to read this book because it is far roaming off the ground more than any other book. I think you should read this.

Amoung the hidden is an awesome book! For me it was a cliff-hanger. Every time I had to stop reading I wanted to keep reading. I would recommend this book to people who like to be suprised or something like that. I didnt really pick the book but I would've anyways :) 

Question: Why did you want to read this book?

Answer: It looked exciting and really interesting especially when Mrs.Berkman read the back. Question: What is one really exciting or interesting moment in the book that you think a new reader would like to hear about?Answer: The adventures that Brady and Quinn go on...(cave)Question: Would you recommend this book to another reader? Answer: I would most positively tell anybody that likes adventures and fun to read the book it is one of the best books I have ever read.      

FIND THIS AND READ IT=http://!!

Article posted May 11, 2012 at 02:13 AM GMT • comment • Reads 90

I wanted to read this book because I thought the title was interesting and when Mrs. Berkman read about it. I think a part that a new reader would like hear is that there is a super cool dog named Lunchbox that is looking for trash, but at first he is a super hero at the begging of the book. I would recommend this book to a new reader because it is a book lots fpeople enjoy.