Sam's blog-

Why did you want to read this book?

I didn’t really want to read this book. It was the only other book that looked cool besides Among the Hidden, the book I wanted to read.

What is one really exciting or interesting moment in the book that you think a new reader would like to hear about?

A person would like to read about the first time Tycho goes to the future. In this part, Tycho sees the best future of all the futures he goes to in the book. This is the best one because it really shows how humans can evolve and become better people. This is shown by the very advanced city and mix of cultures that he encounters on the trip.

Would you recommend this book to another reader? Why or why not?

I would recommend this book to another reader who likes a time travel theme. In this book, Tyco finds a small egg that lets him time travel. The book is also filled with lots of time paradoxes. For example, Tycho goes back in time to pull a prank on his older siblings and changes his life from that point on.

I believe is an important invention because it allows for entertainment at home. I find this particularly useful because I am an only child and often must play by myself. Most X-box games allow for split screen play, this allows me to play with my friends as well as by myself. Microsoft is the company which developed the X-Box 360. The team which developed the X-Box 360 was lead by Microsoft Vice President James Allard. The device is a white, rectangular box with a thin, silver door for loading the game CDs. On the bottom of the X-Box 360’s face, is a large power button that lights up green when the device is activated. From the back of the device, an HDMI cable connects the X-Box 36o to the TV and a electrical cable provides power.

The topic of nonfiction I like is war. I like studying tactics witch army’s use. I also think the weapons and armor used in war is interesting. It is also cool to see how warfare has change over time. Like people using static warfare, naval warfare, and siege warfare        

Article posted March 14, 2012 at 01:09 AM GMT • comment • Reads 46

I am reporting on #94, “What is a Supernova?”. A supernova is what happens when a star dies. A star dies when it runs out of hydrogen, which it converts into helium through nuclear fusion. The first stars became supernovae (plural of supernova) 14 billion years ago. This topic is important to know because I might be interested in being an astrophysicist as a career choice. Some supernovae become white dwarfs, neutron stars, or black holes depending on the size of the star that dies. Black holes have ridiculously strong gravitational pull. Not even light can escape from black holes.

Definition:

1) Hydrogen - a flamable lifting gas

2) Nuclear Fusion --a reactino in which two nuclei combine to form a nucleus with a release of energy.

3) White Drawf -- the remnants of a star that has collapsed. 

#94What Is a Supernova? Do not coppy me

Article posted March 2, 2012 at 12:46 AM GMT • comment • Reads 47

I like the poet Jack Prelutsky,I also like the anthology Hate That Cat. I really like animal poems and poems about nature. I am good at finding End Rhyme, Metaphor, Simoly. End Rhyme, Metaphor, Simile. I think   creative poetry will be fun and interesting.  

I agree with the title

Today is very boring,

it’s a very boring day,

there is nothing much to look at,

there is nothing much to say,

there’s a peacock on my sneakers,

there’s a penguin on my head,

there’s a dormouse on my doorstep,

I am going back to bed.

Today is very boring,

it is boring through and through,

there is absolutely nothing

that I think I want to do,

I see giants riding rhinos,

and an ogre with a sword,

there’s a dragon blowing smoke rings,

I am positively bored.

Today is very boring,

I can hardly help by yawn,

there’s a flying saucer landing

in the middle of my lawn,

a volcano just erupted

less than half a mile away,

and I think I felt an earthquake,

it’s a very boring day.

This is my favorite poem because it is vary funny. This poem is also ironic because the day rely is existing.   

Article posted February 2, 2012 at 12:30 AM GMT • comment • Reads 58

#306 Why is the Sky Blue?

White light is the sunlight you see every day. It is made up of all of the colors of the rainbow. The sky is blue because molecules in the air take in the blue wavelength and disperse them across the sky for your eyes to see. But there is an exception at sunrise and sunset. When the sun is shining on the horizon blue wavelengths cannot reach your eyes making way for red and orange wavelengths. You can do an experiment at home to prove this by following the steps on the Wonderopolis.com website, wonder #306.

Horizon = the line where the earth and the sky appear to meet.

Wavelength = The distance between one peak or crest of a wave of light, heat, or other energy and the next

Molecule = The smallest particle of a substance that retains the chemical and physical properties of the substance and is composed of two or more atoms

Article posted January 4, 2012 at 01:34 AM GMT • comment • Reads 39

I think the Czech Republic Christmas traditions are interesting because they use branches from cherry trees to predict the future. They put them in a warm corner of their house and hope they blossom before Christmas Day. In the Czech Republic, holiday celebrations begin four weeks before Christmas day. They have recently added a Christmas tree to their traditions. They decorate the tree with fruit ornaments because real fruit is a rare treat in the winter in the Czech Republic. St. Nicholas visits each village on the 6th of December. He is accompanied by a devil and an angel, which represents good and evil. In the Czech Republic, you gather with your family for the three days from December 24th to the 26th.

.

Article posted December 9, 2011 at 01:19 AM GMT • comment • Reads 148

I am reading Guns for General Washington. I really like this story, which is about a unit of the Continental Army having to secure the heavy artillery guns at Fort Ticonderoga and convoy them back to their base near Boston. The Fort and guns were seized from the British by the Vermont Green Mountain Boys. The unit encountered difficulties along the way. A transport barge broke while crossing a lake. A cart broke while they were crossing a mountain and one of their mortars slipped loose while going up another steep mountain.  They get the guns back to Boston and set them up. The important characters in the book are: J.P., Henry Knox ,Will Knox, and Paul Revere Jr. Henry Knox is the leader of unit.

One thing I disliked about this book is that it is told from different perspectives, which made it hard to follow. I did enjoy the fact that this book is base on a true story of the Revolutionary War.

My name is Sam. I am 11 years old. I have 2 cats. I think science is cool and FUN! I like video games. I have also started to like DnD. :)