About me

teacher: Leah Berkman

Article posted May 16, 2012 at 12:05 AM GMT • comment • Reads 156

I wanted to read this book because I thought it would be exciting and entertaining. It turned out that it had a lot of action. One exciting thing is Brady, who is the main character does some really extreme stuff. Brady jumped over a bull. In that scene, a kid was in danger and Brady saved him by attracting the bull's attention. I recommend this book for Sam and Jacob because they like action.

The invention I like the most is the bike. I can travel faster on my bike. It was invented by Pierre and Ernest Michaux in 1860. A bike has two wheels, a chain and gears that are attached to pedals. You push the pedals with your feet to move forward. There are brakes to stop the bike. The handle bars steer it.

Article posted March 28, 2012 at 12:26 AM GMT • comment • Reads 123

I would like to learn more about building a tree house. Here is what I already know about tree houses...

They take a long time to build.

You need to be strong.

It takes a lot of steps.

Actually I'm designing a tree house right now with my dad.

Article posted March 13, 2012 at 11:54 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 45

Have you ever wondered what you could do if you could time travel? Albert Einstein had theories that might explain time travel. Scientist think that they have an idea of how to time travel through a worm hole. A wormhole is a tunnel through space that connects one part of the universe to another part of the universe. Since time and space are connected, if you go through a wormhole, you might be transported to a different time period. Scientists think that accomplishing time travel will take a very long time. I might want to be a scientist who works on discovering time travel. It would be helpful to everyone to learn new technology from the future.

Transport: getting from one place to another

Wormhole: a tunnel that connects one part of space to another part of space

Accomplish: successfully doing something

My favorite poet is Shel Silverstein. I like funny poems about creatures and people. I am good at finding end rhyme and alliteration. I will probably use onomatopoeia a lot. My poems will be short and about a lot of different things. I wrote a poem about a storms and I used onomatopoeia.

Article posted February 13, 2012 at 11:19 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 50

The Meehoo with an Exactlywatt

By Shel Silverstein

Knock knock!

Who's there

Me!

Me who?

That's right

What's right?

Meehoo!

That's want I want to know!

What's what you want to know?

Me who?

Yes, exactly!

Exactly what?

Yes, I have an Exactlywatt on a chain!

Exactly what on a chain?

Yes!

Yes what?

No, Exactlywatt!

That's what I want to know!

I told you--Exactlywatt!

Exactly what?

Yes!

Yes what?

Yes, it's with me!

What's with you?

Exactlywatt--that's what's with me.

Me who?

Yes!

Go away!

Knock knock...

This is my all time favorite poem. I really want to share it because it is funny. I think it will get people's spirits up.

It turns out spies really do use gadgets. They use stuff like cameras and binoculars to collect information and keep track of people. Spies need to have good skills with gadgets to succeed.

A gadget is a tool used to make life easier.

Undercover means to be in a disguise.

A mission is a special job that a spy must do.

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 01:20 AM GMT • comment • Reads 298

One Italian Christmas tradition is the Creche which is a Nativity Set. The most beautiful Creche Displays are put in churches where people go to see them. Each year the churches have a test to see which one is the best. The yule log is another tradition in Italy. The yule log must stay on fire until new year's day. Legend has it that the yule log burns away evil of the past year. The legend also says that when everyone is away at midnight mass that Mary comes and warms her new born child by the fire.

Article posted December 6, 2011 at 12:31 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 84

This is a really good book. It is about a girl that dresses up like a boy to deliver a message to General Washington. Ellen does the mission that her grandfather was supposed to do. She encounters many problems along the way, including pigs and British soldiers. So far, Ellen has gotten close to Elizabeth Town. She has half a mile to go to deliver the message.

To show I have spatial intelligence, I could put drawings and pictures on a poster and write about how I got the ideas to make them. I could tell a story by making the setting out of clay. I could draw a picture of something before and after it happens. I could bring in different shaped blocks and make a tessellation. To show that I have musical intelligence I could make up a short song.

Article posted November 3, 2011 at 12:09 AM GMT • comment • Reads 202

I think their school is very cool because they teach in different ways. They also teach their kids how to be grown up. The teachers let the kids learn about the different types of intelligence. Their school has a smartville that lets the kids work like grown ups in a post office, a store and the hallways have street names. I think it would be a fun and easy way to learn. I think Voyager should make smartville.

Article posted October 20, 2011 at 12:05 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 156

I am smart in spatial intelligence. I like to draw, build legos and rock climb.I have a lot of musical intelligence. I have a good sense of rhythm and I like music and sounds. I also have some naturalist intelligence. I also enjoy being outside and taking care of animals.

The book Im reading is Kai the ninga of Fire. He helps a ninga named Zane. He helps Zane find out about his past. But they falled into garmanden's trap. They find out about the trap and stop it

Vermont is not very popular but it does have some fun stuff. Vermont has a very good ice cream store called Ben and Jerry's. The Vermont State Fair is very neat too. It has pig racing, carriage racing and magic tricks. Vermont is a small state in the north. It was the first state to go against slavery.

Article posted September 14, 2011 at 01:09 PM GMT • comment (5) • Reads 249

I like Lego video games and Sonic the Hedgehog. I like to rock climb and box.

I like video games and legos. I also like pizza and sonic the hedgehog.