Sean's Blog

teacher: Leah Berkman

The sci-fi book I read was Go Big Or Go Home, and I loved it. I wanted to read this book because I like action books. I think one part a new reader would like hear about when Brady jumped the buffalo. I would recommend this book for people who like action. Even if you don’t like action it is still a great book.

Article posted May 2, 2012 at 12:28 AM GMT • comment • Reads 50

The most important invention in my life is my Ipod Touch. It makes my life better because I have cool and fun games on it. Steve Jobs invented it.

The nonfiction I like is sports, and animals, but the ones I really like are basketball and tigers. I like tigers because they are like big cats. Basketball because I've played for a long time and I love the sport. I also like it because I think it is a fun sport. Also tigers because I have a cat and I love it.

Dr. James Naismith invented Basketball in 1891, Naismith was a Canadian physical educater instructor. At first, players earned points by tossing or throwing a Soccer ball into a peach basket. Once they had made the ball in the basket, one person would climb on a ladder and grab the ball and start playing again. The iron hoops with open-ended nets didn't come along until 1913.

Dribble- To dribble you have to have one hand on the ball, then push it to the ground and repeat that, but when you pick the ball up you can't dribble any more.

Slam Dunk- To slam dunk you need to jump up in the air either have one or two hands on the ball and just slam the ball in the basket or hoop.

Lob- To lob the ball you want it to go over the opponints head and hope the other player on your team catchs it and scores or passes it back and you score.

My favorite poem is My Dog Chewed Up My Homework because I think it's funny and it has end rhyme, and end rhyme is my favorite device in poetry. I like end rhyme because it reminds me of songs and I love music. I like to use end rhyme in my poems because end rhyme is what I'm best at. I think I'm best at it because I rhyme all the time, at home and everywhere because I love rhyming so much. I do like other devices, but end rhyme is my favorite.

Article posted February 17, 2012 at 12:38 AM GMT • comment • Reads 40

My Dog Chewed Up My Homework

by Bruce Lansky

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm glad to say my homework's done.

I finished it last night.

I've got it right here in this box.

It's not a pretty sight.

My dog chewed up my homework.

He slobbered on it, too.

So now my homework's ripped to shreds

and full of slimy goo.

It isn't much to look at,

but I brought it anyway.

I'm going to dump it on your desk

if I don't get an A.

I liked this poem because it is very funny and I think it's a great poem.

Have you ever wondered Where is the coldest place on Earth? Like Antarctica, 98% of Antarctica is covered in ice.

Antarctica: A very cold contanent on Earth.

Precipitation: Anything that falls from a cloud like rain, sleet, snow, frozen rain, etc.

Climate: The weather in a city, county, or country.

Article posted January 6, 2012 at 01:33 AM GMT • comment • Reads 39

In the Bahamas they celibrate Christmas on the 26th! And New Years on the 1st! Between 2 am and dawn. Also there is a big parade with hundres of people there. I think that is interesting because they don't celibrate it the whole day. I chose the Bahamas because I thought that was a cool place and wanted to know what they did on Christmas and New Years.

The Keeping Room so far is a really good book. So far the book is about a little boy named Joey, he lives in Camden South Carolina. His dad is in jail he is triing to do somthing. My favorite character  is Joey because he is brave. The Keeping Room so far is really good.

Article posted November 16, 2011 at 08:57 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 110

I can apply one of my intelligences in class by playing games because I am mostly bodily intelligence. I can also use it to write out problems in math. In science I can use it for experiments. In language arts I can use to spell out words. And that is how I can use my intelligences in school.

Article posted November 1, 2011 at 02:57 AM GMT • comment • Reads 94

I think Smartville is a good idea because children can learn and be adults. And if I could be an adult for at least a day, that would be cool. Also having the mail center in the school and the streets and things like that are really cool. So my thoughts about Smartville are good because of what I said before.

Im smart in Verble-Linguistic Intelligence, how you might ask? I enjoy puzzles,word games, rhymes, and more. I also enjoy stories, and storytelling. In Mathematical I enjoy numbers, math, and computers. I also like strategy games like Checkers. I like designing and conducing experiments. In Spatial I like drawing, doodling, coloring, video games, movies,books with diagrams and photographs, and I like to close my eyes and picture things. In Bodily I like to move around; I can't sit still for long. I enjoy doing not watching, I like to use my hands, I am very coordinated, I enjoy sports and activities, and I like to build and construct things.

Article posted October 7, 2011 at 01:53 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 64

My state is South Carolina. South Carolina is cool. It is cool because it has an army base (Fort Sumter). Fort Sumter is also cool. It is cool because army bases are cool to me.

Article posted September 29, 2011 at 01:47 AM GMT • comment • Reads 85

My independent reading book is Goosebumps Horrorland. It is about a girl named Britney and her friend Molly and her cousin Ethan. Ethan has this puppet and it is alive. But Britney just thinks he is good like that. I think it is funny that she doesn't know that it is alive.

Article posted September 15, 2011 at 12:58 AM GMT • comment (4) • Reads 71

My name is Sean I am in the 5th grade Mrs. Berkman's class. My favorite food is spagetti. My favorite animal is dogs. My favorite sport is lacrosse. My favorite team is North Carolina. In my free time i like to play sports or watch T.V.

My name is Sean I like to play sports, i love dogs, and I love my family.