Emma's Blog-

Article posted May 9, 2012 at 12:01 AM GMT • comment • Reads 148

My book was The Green Futures of Tycho. I wanted to read this book because I like time traveling. An exciting part in the book is when Tycho finds the egg. I would reccomend this book to people. I would reccomend it to people who like time traveling and to people who like Sci Fi books. 

The most important technology would probaly be a pencil. It makes my life easier by being able to write and get the information that I need. N.J Conte invented a pencil in 1795. This is a picture of a pencil. They are normally yellow and have an eraser on the back and the lead is on the front.                                

Over spring break I am staying home. I might go somewhere but not out of town. I am also going to sleep in. 

Article posted March 20, 2012 at 01:28 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 50

One of the nonfiction topics I enjoy is animals. More specifically I like monkeys. I am interested in this topic because I want to know what they do and where they live. I also want to know if they're are lots of them. I am also interested in penguins. I know that they live in Antartica. I want to know how long they live.  

Have you ever wondered if dogs eat homework? Well if you have always been wanting to know the answer is yes. Dogs do eat homework mostly because they're bored. Most  dogs need entertainment to keep them busy. Dogs are mostly known to be indiscriminate eaters which means that they have healthy appetites. This also means that when dogs get the chance they eat just about anything. It can also be dangerous to feed your dog human foods and table scraps. Like grapes and raisins can make a dog have kidney failures. Another thing is onions and garlic this can develop a condition called anemia which causes dogs to have red blood cells. I think this could help out anyone who wants to be a veternarian because they can know whats good for dogs and whats bad for dogs.

Defenitions-

Boredom- When somebody gets bored is when they don't have anything to do

Avoided- is something you can stop from doing

Honesty- be honest to your teacher if your dog didn't really eat your homework

I call do dogs really eat homework?

Some poets I enjoy are Shel Silverstein and Jack Prelutsky. I am good at finding End Rhyme and Alliteration.  I like poems about school and just funny ones. In my poems I think I will use a lot of End Rhyme. My poems will be creative using different devices!

Jack Prelutskey

I enjoy this book because I like poems by Jack Prelutsky. Another reason I like it is because it really describes who the boy is and what he does. I reccomend this book to kids who like Jack Prelutsky poems! I also like this poem because it has Alliteration and thats fun because the beginning of the line repeats!

There’s a new kid on the block,

boy, that kid is tough,

That new kid punches hard,

That new kid plays real rough,

That new kid’s big and strong,

With muscles everywhere,

That new kid tweaked my arm,

That new kid pulled my hair.

That new kid likes to fight,

And picks on all the guys,

That new kid scares me some,

(That new kid’s twice my size),

That new kid stomped my toes,

That new kid swiped my ball,

That new kid’s really bad,

I don’t care for her at all.

Article posted January 23, 2012 at 01:49 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 40

I am doing Who Invented Cotton Candy? Did you know that cotton candy was first made in 1867? Originally cotton candy is white but they use food coloring to dye it blue and pink. There is as much sugar in Cotton Candy as in a can of soda, but the only ingrediant in Cotton Candy is sugar! Also National Cotton Candy Day is November 7.

Defenitions:

Dye: The dye in cotton candy is usally pink or blue.

Admission: You have to pay an admission to get into the fair.

Expensive: Cotton Candy machines can be expensive or cost alot of money.

In Sweden Christmas starts on December 13. The Christmas season starts after St. Lucia's day and ends 15 days after Christmas! One of their traditions is every Sunday before Christmas a candle is lit in speacial Advent candle holders. The Santa in Sweden is a gnome or Tomte. Christmas started being celebrated in the 1700"s from Germany. They usually put their tree up a few days before Christmas Eve. Two days before Christmas the tree is decorated and stays up until January 13 which is St. Kunts Day. I would love to go to Sweden one Christmas to celebrate Christmas their. It seems like it would be fun to have a certain day to put up a tree and how it stays up until a certain day!