-

Article posted May 18, 2012 at 10:46 AM GMT • comment • Reads 83

Among the hidden was my scfi and it was an atention graber from when Mrs.Berkman read the back. I also wanted it as my scfi book because i knew it had a seris. I was really upset when died because if it wasn't for her Luke wouldn't have known about the rally of even that she was even real. Now Luke's names is Lee Grant and he's going to a boarding school, with the help of Jen's dad who works for the population police.Will Luke ever see his real family again? read the seris to find out what will happen next! 

the most important thing to me are band aids! band aids help heal cuts, bruises, welts, scrapes, rope burn and carpet burn. But who invented the first band aid? Earl Dickens did in 1921 because his wife kept cutting her fingers while cooking. He worked for Johnson & Johnson.

My favorite type of nonfiction is history. I like to know about things in the past that I didn't already know. My favorite type of history is during slavery and civil rights times. I like to learn about them because I'm learning about African- American history. I've always liked reading about history because I like to know what happened in the past and what life was like before I was born.

Who is Uncle Sam? Uncle Sam was first thought of by a meat packer in 1812 by Samuel Wilson. Uncle Sam was on posters for World War 1 and 2. But who drew Uncle Sam First?  Nobody knows for sure but the famous Thomas Nast who worked as a political cartoon artist was one of the many people to draw Uncle Sam! Uncle Sam is the United States as a person. He wears red,white, and blue suit and a top hat!

Vocabulary words

Uncle - your mother or fathers brother

Government - the system that manges the states

Cartoon - an animation

For me poetry is a way to express yourself in many ways.You could write a poem about how you feel  like if your mad, sad or happy. My favorite anthologies are Love that Dog and Hate that Cat. I love to read silly and fantasical poems because I enjoy a good laugh. My favorite poetic devices are onamatpoea, end rhyme, repetion and simile. I'm also good at writing all my favorite poetic devices. I would use repition and end rhyme in my poems because they are in some of my favorite poems..

'I cannot go to school today, '

Said little Peggy Ann McKay.

'I have the measles and the mumps,

A gash, a rash and purple bumps.

My mouth is wet, my throat is dry,

I'm going blind in my right eye.

My tonsils are as big as rocks,

I've counted sixteen chicken pox

And there's one more-that's seventeen,

And don't you think my face looks green?

My leg is cut-my eyes are blue-

It might be instamatic flu.

I cough and sneeze and gasp and choke,

I'm sure that my left leg is broke-

My hip hurts when I move my chin,

My belly button's caving in,

My back is wrenched, my ankle's sprained,

My 'pendix pains each time it rains.

My nose is cold, my toes are numb.

I have a sliver in my thumb.

My neck is stiff, my voice is weak,

I hardly whisper when I speak.

My tongue is filling up my mouth,

I think my hair is falling out.

My elbow's bent, my spine ain't straight,

My temperature is one-o-eight.

My brain is shrunk, I cannot hear,

There is a hole inside my ear.

I have a hangnail, and my heart is-what?

What's that? What's that you say?

You say today is...Saturday?

G'bye, I'm going out to play! '

This is my favorite poem because Peggy Ann McKay is trying to not have to go to school but its Saturday she says ok bye,and goes outside.I like its end ryhme and the rhythm and its very very funny.

Article posted January 31, 2012 at 02:36 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

The first chocolate chip cookie was made by accident in 1937 by Ruth Wakefield. Ruth was the owner of the Toll House Inn and was in charge of cooking orders and making new recipes. Most guest didn't order desserts. One afternoon one of the guest ordered some Butter Drop Do Cookies but Ruth was out of baker's chocolate so she improvised and used a semisweet chocolate bar. When the cookies were done instead of the chocolate melting completely it was still in little pieces. Ruth named her new creation the Toll House Crunch and soon the cookies became very popular. While I was reading the article I found some fun facts! Did you know that 1/4 of the United States cookies are chocolate chip? People really have an appetite for cookies!  Also in the United Kingdom cookies mean only chocolate chip any other kind are called biscuts! Lastly, Chocolate chip cookies are the state cookie for Pennslyvania and Massachusetts.

Vocabulary words

Creation- something new

Popular- widely known about

Appetite - to want to eat something

Article posted January 12, 2012 at 02:18 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 40

From December 16th to the 24th Guatemalan people have a parade about remembering Joseph and mary looking for shelter. Instead of people celebrating Santa Claus kids reiceve gifts from the Christ Child.They also use wooden boxes and pictures of Gautemalan kids to decorate. On Christmas eve a large rooster is cooked.adults exchange gifts on new year's day.In their langauge "Merry Christmas" is Felize Navidad!

My Revoultionary war novel is about a young soldier named William Knox embarks on a mission with his older brother Colonel Henry Knox to get some artillery from a captured british fort on lake Champlain. On their way back to Cambridge the must cross Mohawk river, but the bad news is the river is starting to melt. Their good luck streak is starting to fade. Will they make it before it's to late? Was the whole mission worth it?

Article posted November 18, 2011 at 02:17 AM GMT • comment • Reads 134

I could use my Linguistic intelligence to write a memoir about my life. I would write about my life growing up in Raleigh with very close friends. I would also talk about my old school Partnership Elementary and its teachers. I would write about my last days dancing with friends in the talent show three days before my last day of school. I will never forget Partnership and all my friends there, especially my sister-like friend Kyndall.