Carolines page-

Article posted May 17, 2012 at 12:51 AM GMT • comment • Reads 94

I read Flip. I read this book beause it sounded good and interesting. An exciting part in the book was when Ryan beat Billy in the fight.  I would recommend this book to other people because it was really good and ecxiting at some points. I would recommend this book to people who like stuff from aliens and fights. I am glad I got to read this book!

Article posted May 5, 2012 at 03:52 AM GMT • comment • Reads 36

The ivention I am doing is the Pillow Pet. It makes people's lives better by having a comfy pillow and a stuffed animal you can play with.  I also have 2 pillow pets and they are very comfy. A woman from San Diego.  Pillow pets are small pillows that look like almost any animal you want and they velcrow it up to look like a pet and unvelcrow it to be a pillow.

A nonfiction topic that I like is animals. I like penguins and monkeys because they are my favorite animals. I know that penguins live in the South Pole and eat fish thier preditors are usually seal. I know that monkeys usually live in jungles and eat bananas. I also would like to learn about the coral reefs beacause I like the beach and I think sea animals are really cool. I know that most of the animals that live in the coral reefs have gills because they live under water but, the animals who breath in water usually stay close to surface to they can get air. Those are the nonfiction topics I like.

Prairie dogs aren't really dogs at all they are rodents. Prairie dogs live underground in burrows and live in grasslands or prairies of western North America. Prairie dogs aren't realated to dogs at all they are mostly realated to squirrels. Prairie dogs are about the size of rabbits. I could use this artical if I turn out to be a vet and a person brings in a prairie dog I would know some about them.

Burrow- A burrow is a hole underground that animals live in.

Predator- A predator is an animal that eats and hunts other animals.

Bark- A bark is a sound that dogs make.

I like Shel Slverstein and Jack Prelusky. The topics I like are about  funny poems. THe poetic devices I am good at finding are end rhyme and onomatopeio. I think I will use rhyme. I think some of my poems are going to be creative and funny but, some of them serious.

The Acrobats

By: Shel Silverstein

I'll swing

By my ankels,

She'll cling

To your knees

As you hang

By your nose

From a high-up

Trapeze.

But just one thing, please,

As we float through the breeze

Don't sneeze.

I like this poem becauseI like to watch acrobats. I also like how they hold on to each other and the bars. It would be really funny to watch them.

Can germs be good for you? Yes they can! If you don't really know what germs are don't worry! They're not aliens or cooties they are actually tiny living organisms. Even though some germs are bad and give you sicknesses, some are helpful to your body. some bacterial cells can keep you from getting sick. So they can be good!

Germs- bacteria cells

Orginisms- things

Cavities-holes eaten away at your teeth

Article posted January 5, 2012 at 12:52 AM GMT • comment • Reads 37

The traditional christmas greeting in Romania is ''Sarbatri Fericite''. They have a traditional christmas tree.They say the christmas tree was a gift from Magi to the christ child and have greatjoy from the way they decorate thier trees. The star on top of the tree represents the star of Magi and the lights are part of any momentous occasion of christian life. On Christmas day, the boys parade goes through the towns and villages carrying a great wooden star decorated with tiny bells, colored paper and ribbons. I think it would be cool going to a different country for Christmas!

Article posted December 1, 2011 at 02:00 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 54

So far Hpoe's Crossing is one of my favorite books i' ve read. It was sad though because on the first reading day the people whose work with the redcoats came into Hope's house, stole everything that was usefull, burned Hope's house down, shot her two dogs and kiddnapped Hope! Hope was taken to Mr. Thomas and Elsabeth's house. THe grandma also lived with them too but, Hope called her Mother Thomas she is really nice. Elsabeth is mean thats why Hope and Mother Thomas ran away. They went to Mother Thomas' freinds houses. Now they are at a doctor because Mother Thomas got really sick with the poxs and Hope is about to get the pox too. I can't wait til we get to read agian so I can see what happens next! : (

Article posted November 9, 2011 at 01:14 AM GMT • comment • Reads 70

My intelligence is bodily kinesthtic.I think I could use my skills in school by experimenting the stuff we do in school with my hands and body. I could also do something by danceing. Maybe people can do a play or act stuff out too if they want to but, I don't think I would.  I think it would be cool that if we had separate groups of the different intelligents there are. Those are my thoughts about appying intelligences in school. 

Article posted October 31, 2011 at 02:08 AM GMT • comment • Reads 62

I thought that the movie was really cool. I also thought that smartville was super cool that kids could act like adults. I think to go to school there would be cool. I would not want to go there because I like Voyager. I think Voyager would be the best with smartville.

Article posted October 20, 2011 at 12:44 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 69

When I took the How Am I Smart? test my highest intelligence was in bodily-kinesthetic which means. I like to do activitys and sports like soccer and dance.I like to move around instead of sitting still on the floor. I like to use my hands like when we are makeing monster parts. I like to build what Ithing and construct things also like the monster parts. Thats what I am intelligent at.

Califonias capital is Sacramento. The state bird is the Califonia quail. The state flower is the Califonia poppy. The state motto is ''Eureka''. There is a Jelly Belly and Rocky Mountain Chocolate factorys in Califonia.

I picked ''Lunch Money'' for my independent reading book .I chose this book because someone told me it was a good book and it was one of thier favorite books. I also think it is a good book from what I read so far. She also told me about the book so I could see if I liked it. It sounded like a good one so I got it from the library. I am almost done with it now.

Article posted September 9, 2011 at 02:12 AM GMT • comment (12) • Reads 67

Hey this is Caroline I dance at Ninas sometimes. I also play soccer for NJAA. love going to the beach! I like hanging out with friens and family. I have 5 people in my family. My teacher is Mrs.Berkman. My favorite subject is L.A. I like to read but, I don't like to write as much. I love Voyager. I am excited to have a blog!

Bye

I am Caroline and I like to dance, play soccer and hang out with friends and family.I am in Mrs.Berkman's class and I love Voyager.