Abbey's Blog!!-

I read Go Big or Go Home. I wanted to read this book because it seemed interesting and really amusing. A really exciting event that happend in  my book that other people would like is when Brady (the main character) did a 360 in the air over a biffalo and saved a kid. Yes I would recomend the book to somebody who likes action. This is because this book has a lot of action, bike ridingand walking through caves. I really liked this book and I'm sure a lot of other people would too.

One of the most important inventions in my life would have to be Zomig. It makes my life easier by helping my migraines(really bad headaches). It is marketed by AstraZeneca

Here is Zomig. 

Article posted April 4, 2012 at 01:07 AM GMT • comment • Reads 51

For Spring Break I am going to Atlantic Beach for half of the time and the other half I am going to Georgia to see family.

- Abbey:)

Article posted March 21, 2012 at 12:30 AM GMT • comment • Reads 48

I actually have two nonfiction topics that I really like. Those topics are food specficly fruits and animals specificly a hippo. I'm intrested in these topics because I'd like to know more about hippos because they're my favorite animal. I'd also like to learn about fruits because soccer season is here and I'm going to try to eat healthier. I already know that fruits are really healthy for people and animals and all fruits have seeds. I also know hippos can be dangerous. But I would like to know more about these topics.

What happens when you don't brush your teeth? Well the sugar that is left on your teeth breaks down enamel (the first layer of coating on your teeth) and will cause little holes in your teeth called cavities.If you don't brush your teeth regularly plaque will build up. To remove plaque you have to brush your teeth. Plaque can cause a gum disease called "gingivitis." The emporor of China invented the toothbrush only using bristles from a pigs back and bamboo. Before toothbrushes people use to usse sticks and they would sharpen the stick with their teeth and they could use it as a toothpick.

Wonder Words:

Enamel: I think enamel is is the outer coating on your teeth.

Cavities: I think cavities are holes in your teeth that can hold bacteria.

Gingivitis: I think gingivitis is a disease that is caused by plaque build up.

This topic is kind of aboust what I want to be when I grow up. That is a dentist.This topic relates to being a dentist because the dentist is always telling you to brush your teeth and why.

Some poets I like are Shel Silverstein and Jack Prelustky. Where the Sidewalk ends is a anthology that I really like. Topics that I enjoy on poems are like crazy things and i also like poems about crazy foods or just regular food. I am good at finding end rhyme, ontomatopoeia and alliteration. End rhyme and allteration are aome poetic devices that I will use while writing poems. In my vision I think creative poems should be funny and silly.

Article posted February 8, 2012 at 02:15 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 95

My Favorite Poem:

Mr. Spats

Had twenty-one hats,

And none of them were the same.

And Mr. Smeds

Had twenty-one heads

And only one hat to his name.

Now, when Mr. Smeds

Met Mr. Spats,

They talked of the

Buying and selling of hats.

And Mr. Spats

Bought Mr. Smeds’ hat!

Did you ever hear anything

Crazier than that?

– Shel Silverstein

This is my favorite poem because its crazy and funny. I also like the rhyme and the exageration with the people how they have 21 hats or 21 heads.

Article posted January 25, 2012 at 02:33 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 51

See gum naturally looses its flavor. It's not the scientists faults. Gum isn't ment to be swallowed. Plus our bodies can't even digest gum. To make chewing gum chewy you add the main ingredient which is gum base. Adding softeners is what keeps the gum from going hard and dry. A very long time ago chewing gum was made from different kinds of tree saps. Chewing gums flavors can come from different places. Some of the most popular flavors for gum are menthol, frut, spearment, and of course pepperment. Now to the part where you learn why these flavors don't last. The flavors don't last because the spit in your mouth digest the sweeteners and the flavoring. Gum base can not be broken down like the other ingredients.

Wonder Words:

Flavor: I think flavor is something you add to food or other edible things to make it taste good.

Ingredient: I think a ingredient is something you add in a mix to make the dish complete.

Saliva: I think saliva means spit from your mouth.