Anna's Blog:o)-

Christmas in Switzerland

Christmas in Switzerland is alot similar to our Chritmas but really different too. There are 4 traditional Christmas greetings. They are in French, Italian, Swiss-German, and Romansh. In Switzerland, the star treetoppers represent the star of Bethlehem. Only real candles decorate the trees as well as crystal globes to represent light and stars represent light from heaven. The week before Christmas every child in the village dresses up in costumes bringing little gifts. The villages compete with each other when they call people to a midnight mass. After the mass, everyone enjoys big donuts called ringli and some hot chocolate. Gifts are given on December 6th on a day called St. Nicholas Day. Gifts are given by Santa Claus, Father Christmas and his wife Lucy, La Befana, and Sameichiaus. Christklindli is a famous white clad angel in the Swiss-German areas. A veil held in place by a jewel crown covers her face and when she enters each house three candles are lit while she hands out gifts withher child helpers. These are some Christmas traditions in Switzerland.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             I chose Switzerland because I have friends who live there and I never knew how they celebrate Chrismas. When I read this article I was suprised because I thought this country didn't celebrate Cristmas and I learned alot.

Article posted January 2, 2012 at 02:01 PM • comment • Reads 46 • see all articles

http://www.widgipedia.com/widgets/OT1/iDraw_13181.widget Hi I'm Anna. I love to sing, dance, an act. I am the youngest of 4. My oldest brother is at NC State. I like to compete in dance competitions and watch T.V. I also like to read.