Anna's Blog:o)-

So far Hope's Crossing has been really good. It's a sad story but it’s still good. She is kidnapped by a British soldier and her house is burnt down and her dogs are shot. She is put to work by that British soldier's wife and at first she has known way out. Hope is afraid of heights! She has to sleep in a creepy attic. This is several stairs high! Hope thinks her world is terrible until she meets Mother Thomas. Mother Thomas is a loyalist but still doesn't think its right for hope to get kidnapped. So she and hope sneak out. They go to Mother Thomas's friend’s house Pruitt Jones. But they have to lie to him because hope is a rebel and Pruitt HATES rebels. So they make up this huge lie and say that hope is the wife’s niece and they are going to see cousins in New York. They go and stay at Mrs.Doyles house. But all well doesn’t go! Mother Thomas gets the chicken pox and back then there was not a cure so it was deadly! They have to go and stay at a sick home. But one day Hope snuck out and she apparently met Pruitt Jones. He was following her and Mother Thomas all along. She jumped out the window to make it there my sunup! Can't wait till read more tomorrow! :) 

-Simone(:<3$%&*^

Article posted November 30, 2011 at 09:08 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 62

The Fighting Ground is about this little boy that wants to be in the war. My group really likes it so far which are Michael, Jaylen, Madison and me. The main charactor in my book is Jonathan. My favorite charactor is The Fighting Ground is Jonathan, because he is brave, smart and responcible. So far it has been kind of a ok to read. Nothing has really grabed my head into The Fighting Ground!!!!!

The name of my  book... The name of my book is the Fighting Ground.

My favorite character in the book is __Jonathan_ because... He is the main Charcter and he is fun, funny, and smart.

I liked when... Jonathan got to go to war.

I didn't like... The soldiers were being mean to Jonathan.

You might want to read this book if you like...You might want to read this book if you like people being in the war.

So far Toliver's Secret is about a girl named Ellen. Ellen has to take a message for her grandfather to his friend in Elizabeth-town. Ellen has to dress up as a boy so she doesn't get caught. I didn't like when Arnie took the message from Ellen. I liked when Ellen took the message for her grandfather because he had a sprained ankle. My favorite character in Toliver's Secret is Ellen because she is nice and brave. 

My book is Toliver's Secret. The main character is Ellen Toliver. She is delivering a message that is hidden in a snuffbox, that is hidden in a loaf of bread. Ellen is disguised as a boy when she really is a girl. I liked when she has to make up reasons not to eat the bread. If you like missions, adventures and disguises then you probably would like Toliver's Secret.

I really enjoy the book!

Article posted November 28, 2011 at 11:36 PM GMT • comment (3) • Reads 54

My book is Guns for General Washington. So far, this book is about a boy named Will Knox who is a soldier in the army. He and his brother have to go to Fort Ticonderoga and get guns for General Washington's troops. But soon the British might attack Boston, so they have to get the guns there fast. My favorite character in the book is Henry Knox because he is really brave to come up with a really dangerous plan. I liked when they got to the fort to get the weapons because it made me feel happy that they got there. I didn't like the beginning because you didn't know who the main character was. You might read this book if you like to read about history and wars.

I think that the fighting ground is a realy good book so far. Jonathan is a good character . He is wlling to give up his life. When he hid from those german people I thought he was going to make it back home.

Article posted December 6, 2011 at 02:24 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 54

I am reading The Keeping Room. It is really good. So far the redcoats have taken over Joey's  house. Their father is also at war and was sent into jail. All Joey can do for his family is stay strong and be as brave as he can.  Joey is writing letters to the families for the men who had gotten hung and died. At first he was sick to his stomach but then since he was writing letters they told him he had to watch if he wanted to  His father was put into jail and Joey was the only one who got to go and see him. Mary was protesting with her mother that she would wear some of Joey's clothes and act as a boy to go see her father. But a soldier said that would not be allowed. As soon as Joey got into the jail he was with his father for about five minutes and then he had to go on a ship somewhere. Joeys mother had sent a letter for Joeys father but he could not read it because he had to leave. Joey could hardly reconisze his father when her went into the jail. I did not like how Joey was the only one who was allowed to go because they should allowed the whole family to go. I did like how at least one of them was allowed to go and see his father.  I would recommened to read this book if you like  the war and maybe some gross stuff. I think this would be a really good book for boys who are up for an adventure. I really enjoyed the book and  I wish there was a second one because I would definetly read it.

Ali <3

George Washington Spymaster

What has happened so far in George Washington Spymaster is General Washington is battling against the British and has sent spies to get information. Being a spy is a very dangerous job because if you were found the sentence is hanging. George Washington found out that some of his most trusted friends were British spies. George Washington found a scientist that could make an invisible ink that was difficult to uncover unless you were a American soldier and already knew how to uncover the codes underneath. That has happened so far in George Washington Spymaster.   

Article posted December 1, 2011 at 02:00 AM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 55

So far Hpoe's Crossing is one of my favorite books i' ve read. It was sad though because on the first reading day the people whose work with the redcoats came into Hope's house, stole everything that was usefull, burned Hope's house down, shot her two dogs and kiddnapped Hope! Hope was taken to Mr. Thomas and Elsabeth's house. THe grandma also lived with them too but, Hope called her Mother Thomas she is really nice. Elsabeth is mean thats why Hope and Mother Thomas ran away. They went to Mother Thomas' freinds houses. Now they are at a doctor because Mother Thomas got really sick with the poxs and Hope is about to get the pox too. I can't wait til we get to read agian so I can see what happens next! : (

My Revoultionary war novel is about a young soldier named William Knox embarks on a mission with his older brother Colonel Henry Knox to get some artillery from a captured british fort on lake Champlain. On their way back to Cambridge the must cross Mohawk river, but the bad news is the river is starting to melt. Their good luck streak is starting to fade. Will they make it before it's to late? Was the whole mission worth it?

So far, my book, The Keeping Room, is about a boy named Joseph, his dad, Joseph Kershaw, went to defend the town of Camden, South Carolina. Joseph's dad was captured by the British. Joseph's house was overran and taken by the British. Joseph's family are taken prisioners in thier own house and are cooped up in what used to be Joseph's room. The British buit a gallows in the side garden of Joseph's house.

British Soldiers=

Article posted November 30, 2011 at 10:26 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 53

So far the Keeping Room has been really good. At the very beggining the father was sent off to war and Joey (oldest son) took over the household. The kids were taught school at home. Euven was his teacher. The next thing that happened was that Joey was in the town and saw the British people on their horses at the top of the hill. Joey ran home to warn everybody and Joey and his mother wrote notes to their father but he never answered. They asked him things like are you injured and are you okay. Then the British came and took over their house and took food. The whole family was locked in one tiny room. That's when one of the soilders told Joey that father was in jail. The mother asked if she could go see him but the soilder said no women aloud to visit injail. So she sent Joey. Joey didn't recognize his father. He looked much older. Joey gave him a note that his mother gave to him. Next thing Joey knows is that his father is being moved to a jail in Bermuda. The next night a fire starts by Joey with a candle and a blanket. Joey took all the credit for it an got locked up in chains for three days. His family moves to Burndale. The book is finished and his mother brothers and sisters are home. His father did not come home.

Article posted December 7, 2011 at 12:47 AM GMT • comment • Reads 62

So far, this book is about...a girl named Ellen who is sent by her grandfather to be a spy in the war and deliver a message to Genral Washinton.

My favorite character in the book is mr. Higgends  because...he was one of the only red coats on the boat that was nice to ellen and  tried to help her get to Elizebeth.

I liked when...Ellen found Mr. murdock so that she did not have to walk all the whey to  Elizbeth town.

I didn't like...when she got to Mr, murdocks house  and his wife was kind of mean to her and made her take off her wet close, But ellen new that was a badd idea because she did not want her to know she was dressed up as a boy.

You might want to read this book if you like emma and the sivol warrior because emma and ellen are very alike in some ways like,they both are very brave and adventurest also they are very wise and have to be in very scary setuashions

The Keeping Room so far is a really good book. So far the book is about a little boy named Joey, he lives in Camden South Carolina. His dad is in jail he is triing to do somthing. My favorite character  is Joey because he is brave. The Keeping Room so far is really good.

Article posted December 6, 2011 at 12:31 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 76

This is a really good book. It is about a girl that dresses up like a boy to deliver a message to General Washington. Ellen does the mission that her grandfather was supposed to do. She encounters many problems along the way, including pigs and British soldiers. So far, Ellen has gotten close to Elizabeth Town. She has half a mile to go to deliver the message.

If you are a fan of adventure books.You will like

the fight ground.The fight ground is about like

and boy name Jonathan he is trying to be in the

war.But in this time he is already in the war and

he just found a little boy he will not talk to him at all.

Article posted November 29, 2011 at 09:28 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 67

Whats happening in George Washington, Spymaster is the discovery of invisible ink. But for the british, mask. That is were you take a shape like a triangle and write the message in that shape and then you put false info all around it. it's genius I think. I did not know it was  such a bad war.George Washington lost his best friend and spie, by losing his cover in british,canada. His words are famous"I just regret that I only have one life to give to my country."

Article posted December 9, 2011 at 01:19 AM GMT • comment • Reads 124

I am reading Guns for General Washington. I really like this story, which is about a unit of the Continental Army having to secure the heavy artillery guns at Fort Ticonderoga and convoy them back to their base near Boston. The Fort and guns were seized from the British by the Vermont Green Mountain Boys. The unit encountered difficulties along the way. A transport barge broke while crossing a lake. A cart broke while they were crossing a mountain and one of their mortars slipped loose while going up another steep mountain.  They get the guns back to Boston and set them up. The important characters in the book are: J.P., Henry Knox ,Will Knox, and Paul Revere Jr. Henry Knox is the leader of unit.

One thing I disliked about this book is that it is told from different perspectives, which made it hard to follow. I did enjoy the fact that this book is base on a true story of the Revolutionary War.

In the book The Keeping Room a boy named Joey Kershawis sad to see his father go make peace with the British. Joey and his family live in Camden, South Carolina, it's a small town and Joey's dad is the mayor. So when Joey's dad goes away Joey is the person to take charge and Joey is really scared. Joey is only thirteen years oldand he isn't very self- confdent. So later Joey goes home and studies with his teacher, Euven, Joey thinks Euven should do something else besides teach because Euven is very muscular and a lot of other things, but Euven is Quaker so he doesn't believe in war. Later on in the story Joey and Euven and the rest of the town try to talk with the British to go raid a different town and go back home but then Joey got scared and ran home. Not much later the British come to Joey's house and they claim it for their own use. The British soon build a hangin place in the gardenand Joey and his family are mad but they get over it and move on but Joey doesn't like what they did. Then Joey sneaks down stairs into the keeping room and see's what terrible things the British are doing, he see's them breaking cups and making evering dirty with their boots, but worst of all he saw them playing darts and his fathers head is the target. Joey almost screams but he just walks away. Joey's family is locked up in one tiny room and joey isn't because he is righting notes to all the families to the people who got hung and he is the only person who studies so they allow him in the keeping room. Later Joey finds out that his dad is in the Camden jail so his mom rights a letter to dad and she wants to go give it to dad but the British only allow men to go so Joey went to give the letter to his dad and he nearly missed him, Joey didn't recognize his dad he looked so old, so he did what had to do but his dad said he was leaving to go to Bermuda. Joey was sad that he didn't get to see his father for a long time. Soon Joey gets tired of the British and he sets his house on fire, He takes all the blame and is in chains for three days and he is working for the British. Joey's family goes away and Joey stays to work but when spring comes the British leave and Joey's family comes back and everything is great except the fact that Joey's dad is still in jail.

Article posted December 1, 2011 at 02:11 AM GMT • comment • Reads 125

I have been reading The Keeping Room in L.A. class it is a very good book!! The Keeping Room is about a  boy about our age and his father went to war against the British and left Joey in charge and keeping the house safe. Then the British took over the house adn locked  the mom, sister, and Joey in one little room. Then Joey left the room without the British knowing and sole food. Then he herd his dad was in a jail for soliders and he went to go visit him and on his way a man grabed Joeys ankle and a guard thought he was talking to him. Then he found his dads cell and he was all chained up and he told his dad how the British took over the house and dug out his garden and put a place to hang people. The dad was so mad Hope ypu like what I told you about the book on this Blog hope you can read it, it i very good!!

My favorite character in this book is Jonathan! Jonathan is my favorite character because he is very brave. He wanted to fight in the war so bad. His dreams came true because he did get to fight in the war! He was so brave when he was fighting but he was kind of nerves. He fighted in the war and he made it home safe and sound after!! :)

I think Guns For GW is a great book, it now has alot of exitment. In the begining of the book there was not much action but it turned out great. My favorite character is Will knox. If you like clif hangers this is your book. "Trust me" there is action at the end.

Article posted December 13, 2011 at 01:37 AM GMT • comment • Reads 49

Toliver's Secret

In Toliver's Secret, Ellen Toliver finds out about a secret message that is baked into a loaf of bread.  Ellen is trusted to get the loaf of bread to Jolly Fox Tavern in Elisabeth Town.  On Ellen's way to Elisabeth Town she endures many obstacles.  Ellen Toliver misses the fishing boat and is thrown on a boat filled with british soldiers.  Dow, a british soldier, tries to eat the bread for he hasn't had something sinceable to eat fo a long time.  The second obstacle is she is sent to the wrong town.  Ellen finds out she is sent to Amboy and not Elisabeth Town.  Third, Ellen runs/ walks thirteen miles to Eisabeth Town, but encounters a stranger.  Mr. Murdock, a man on a horse carring baskets frightens Ellen into a bush.  Murdock rides Ellen to his house for supper.  On the way, Ellen drops Mr. Murdock's baskets and the loaf of bread into a river.  Her clothes get soaked so when they get to his house, Mistress Murdock tries to take off Ellen's pants to dry and right before she does Ellen runs away.  Ellen runs a few miles and gets to Elisabeth Town.  But, her journey is not over.  She asks a blacksmith where the Jolly Fox Tavern is and he does not tell her.  For the blacksmith thinks she is a thief.  So Ellen runs some more and hears laghter.  Then, some men walk away from the Jolly Fox Tavern!  Ellen asks a women with a flag in her hair in Jolly Fox Tavern if Mr. Shannon is here. It turns out the lady's name was Mrs. Shannon.  But too bad Mr. Shannon was sent to the woods for some more ale.  Ellen was told that his trip will be two days. .......................To Be Continued.

So far, this book is about Jonathan and his family, Jonathan is the main character in Fighting Ground . My favorite character in the book is Jonathan because he is the main character. I liked when Jonathan took that boy out of the shed. I didn't like when the boy didn't tell who was parent were.

So far, this book is about Ellen is on her way to Mr.Sannon.My favorite character in the book is Mr.Sannon because he is a nice purson to help Ellen. I  liked when Ellen gose to the ship with the Brittish ship. I didn't like when they took her to the wrong place.You might want to read this book if you like spys and wars. I cant wait till i get anther cool book form Mrs.Berkmen!

Guns for General Washington is about the rebles fighting aginst the redcoats and how the rebles tried to get wepons and get back to General Washington safley.My favorite character in the book is Will Knox because he is a true hero and will do anything for thr cause. I liked it when Will savd JPs life it was so nice because Will was risking his own life for JPs. I didnt like the beginning of the book very much. It was very slow and not veryinteresting to me.You might want to read this book if you like history and war stories. 

My book i'm reading is The Keeping Room and it is about a boy named (Joey who is the main character) and his family. Joeys dad left to be a slave for the British and now Joey has to keep himself and his family safe by himself. Now in my book the British has come. They took away Joeys

home so its really sad. But I know Joey is going to keep his family safe!

Article posted November 29, 2011 at 12:10 AM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 50

Revolutionary War Book-Hope's Crossing...

Here is my Revolutionary War Book in L.A. It is called "Hope's Crossing".So far, Hope's Crossing is about were a girl named Hope and her family get taken away from her family. Hope's family gets taken on a boat, and just Hope by herself is all alone without any of her family is with a boy named Mr. Thomas, Mr. Thomas' wife Elsbeth, and a SWEET loving woman who's name is Mother Thomas. When Hope is on the boat, she gets FREEZING cold traveling. So Mother Thomas helps her to get all of the love she needs, and all of the warmth she needs. But Mr. Thomas is mean, and Elspeth is mean, cruel, and has no love for Mother Thomas, or Hope. 

So at night, Mother Thomas, and Hope deside to make a plan. They decide to sneek out at night when Mr. Thomas and Elspeth are fast asleep. Hope and Mother Thomas quietly get their belongings. It was hard to find Hope any small out fits that she could wear. They quietly clime up a latter, and go outside. But, they have to be careful, and be aware of the dogs. Before the dogs could bark, Mother Thomas gives the dogs bacon, and moves on with Hope on her side.

Mother Thomas and Hope travel to Bedford, then to New York city to get to Hope's family. They see a boat. A boat that is so beautiful. It is someone that Mother Thomas knows. He offers them for a ride to get to the building at New York city; and their Mother Thomas and Hope go traveling a few more miles to New York city.    Now Hope and Mother Thomas are actually at New York city. It was SO crowded. They found a building where they could stay for the night. It's Mrs. Doyle's building. They go in Mrs. Doyle's building, and spend the night there for the night. 

Then the next few days, Mother Thomas gets sick. Mother Thomas got the chicken pox. Their friends there called a doctor (Dr. Jordan), and a Nurse (Mrs. Jones.) Now, they have to do everything they can to fix Mother Thomas' Chicken Pox. .......

I hope you like my story about "Hope's Crossing"!!!!!!! Here is also some more infomation about what I think about Hope's Crossing...

My favorite character in this book is Mother Thomas and Hope because they are nice, caring, kind, and brave.

I liked when Mother Thomas stood up for Hope when ever Elspeth was being mean to her. I think Mother Thomas is so nice, and sweet.

I didn't like when Hope's family got taken away, and how Elspeth is SOOO mean!

You might want to read this book if you like interesting stories.

Now, here is some QUESTIONS that you may want to answer...

What is your favorite character?

What is your favorite part in this story?

Would you like to read "Hope's Crossing" for one of your books?

If you ever want to read "Hope's Crossing", then here's what is looks like...

Thanks guys for reading my book "Hope's Crossing"!!!! :) Please comment on anything you like! See ya next time! Bye! :p

So far this book is about the final trap the patriot spies put the british in and win the war.My favorite charecter is George Washington because he is the main charecter and I know the most about him.My favorite part of the book is the  chapter is when the author is talking about tools spies used.The oarts I did'nt like was how many tratories there were.That is all I have to say about my book bye.

Hello Im doing a short reveiw on George Washington: Spymaster. It's about George Washington's years as a Spymaster.G.W.: Spymaster is a non-fiction book by National Geographic. So far, the Rev. war has started, they spied, George Washington crossed the delaware, they spied more, and brave Nathian Hale was hanged by the Britsh-for spying. My favorite character is is George Washington because he is very smart and without him we might of lost the war. If  you don't like spying, this might not be a great book for you.But if you do, it's great!  

Article posted December 8, 2011 at 12:37 AM GMT • comment • Reads 45

So far I really like this book. The main story is that joeys dad is in war when the British (or red coats,) take over their village and the captain chooses their house as the men’s headquarters. Then, they built all kinds of new things, which lead to the hanging of many of the American soldiers. Joey finds out that his father is in the jail that the other men had built. His mother is very worried when she finds out about Joeys father, so she has asked to go see him in jail. The captain refuses to let her see him but he lets Joey. When he goes to see him, he looks horrible and in shackles. He tells Joey that he is going to be shipped overseas on an island. When he gets back to the house, he doesn’t tell his mother about the condition that his father is in. But he does decide to do something about the red coats taking over their house; he puts a blanket over a fire to leave the soldiers with no headquarters. They make him into a slave, and that’s what has happened so far.If you want to read this, this is what this book looks like....

So far, Hope`s Crossing is about Hope`s house getting burnt down during war.  But wait, it gets worse a man named Mr. Thomas (a british man) leaves her family out in the cold but kidnaps her.  When they get to his house Elspeth, Mr. Thomas`s wife treats Hope as a servant.  Elspeth kicks pinches and slaps Hope and Mother Thomas.  Mother Thomas is Mr. Thomas`s mother.  Luckily, even though they are enemys in the war Mother Thomas has a kind heart and helps Hope escape.  They find a friend to help them get to New York by boat.  Soon they find Mrs. Doyle`s hotel. But Mother Thomas catches the chicken pox and Mrs. Doyle kicks them out to Mrs.  Willow`s place.  Dr. Jordan says that Mrs. Willow will take care of them. Sadly that is as far as I could read.

My book is GW: Spymaster. I am really enjoying this book so far so I'm going to tell you a little about my book.  First of all, so far, this book is about George Washington's ring of spy ring commanders that command certain spy rings, such as the "Culper Ring".  My favorite character in the book is Nathan Hale because he was a great spy until he was tricked by a British commander and was hanged.  I thought that when George Washington told an old science professor to make two new chemicals it was a pretty smart idea because the British would not have the chemicals. 

You might want to read this book if you would like to learn about the Revolutionary War and some of the Patriots' schemes to outwit the British Red Coats.

I am reading "Guns for General Washington." So far, this book is about many different people. Some of the main characters are Will Knox, Henry Knox, George Washington, General Howe and Paul Revere. My favorite character in the book is Will Knox because he is very brave. He dove after a man when a cannon was about to hit him, even though he might have died as well as the man who was about to get run over. I liked when J.P. thought that the drunk man laying in the middle of the road was a spirit of one of the men that died in the war.  I didn't like when Will's cannon fell in the ice and then the men had to pull it out of the frozen river. You might want to read this book if you like the Revolutionary War and you like all the people in the war.

I am reading  Hope's Crossing currently Hope the little girl is in the chicken pox home. The "Pox Home" is what they call it. Her friend Mother Thomas has a severe case of the chicken pox. They are afraid that Hope might get the "Pox". One thing you need to know is there is a war going on the Revolutionary War. Mother Thomas is on the British side. They learn to make friends and depend on each other for different reasons. Mother Thomas is getting ready to die. Hope is trying to find a way to get home to Fairfeild, Connecticut with Mother Thomas's help. Will they get there?Will they  get there safely?

My book is tolivers secret. It is about a girl that needs to send a message to a town far away because her grandfater is hurt. My favorit character in the book is toliver because she is brave. I liked when she wanted to help grandfather. I dident like when she got pulled onto a british ship.

Article posted November 30, 2011 at 02:04 AM GMT • comment • Reads 100

my book is Guns For General Washington. it is a really good book my favorite character is Will Knox. he is the main character and he does lots of important things. His friend is Paul Revere who does lots of important things to. Paul Revere is the guy who was a messenger and worked as a silver smith and makes false teeth.

I liked when Will and Henry Knox got the guns to General Washington in the book "Guns for General Washington". He was very happy and surprised, but not as much as most of the others. They said it was impossible, but Will, Henry, large group of people and lots of animals brought guns, cannons, and muntions to boston. And just in time for Washingtons master plan to get the redcoats out of Boston and set its people free. 

Article posted November 28, 2011 at 08:58 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 59

George Washington

Spymaster

So far, this book is about how George Washington has formed the spy ring. My favorite character in the book is George Washington because I like how he formed a spy ring and the new type of invisible ink. I also think he was very clever and smart. I liked it when I found out that Benjamin Church was a double spy and he turned out to be good. I didn't like the part when George Washington lost his letter about his teeth and it is really sad that the first president had bad teeth. You might want to read this book if you like the Revolutionary War, spies or George Washington. I think that the book should be a little more in the war-zone because the book itself is about the Revolutionary War. My favorite part of the book is when the rebel army crosses the Delaware River and captures many enemies

Article posted December 3, 2011 at 12:13 AM GMT • comment • Reads 133

The book I am reading tells different stories about George Washington and other spys during the Revolutionary War. It talks about some of the devices the spys used and how they used them. When I read this book I also learned about some of the battles and missions that happened during the war. I like this book because it potrays the characters really well. I also liked learning about how the spys used their devices. There was many pictures that showed orignal documents like letters and paintings. I would recommend this book to anybody who likes adventures with lots of details.

So far, The Keeping Room is about the British coming to America and fighting us.

My favorite character in the book is Captain Harkins because yes he is a Red Coat but he is a very good man and is nice to the Americans. I liked when Captain Harkins stoped a Red coat from slaping Joey. I didn't like Captain Harkins was killed to save Joey. You might want to read this book if you like adventure, action and it can make you sad and make you happy.

My revelutionary war book is Geoge Washington Spymaster. I really like this book because it has high vocabulary and just right near my lexile score.

So far in my book George Washington and other spies have formed a spy ring to help the Americans win the revelutionary. To do this Geoge Washington has formed a code with a fellow spy named Tallomadge. There is one problem with writing to other spies which is British or Red Coats can capture american spy letters and read american secret attacks. Not a problem. Jay James (part of the Culper Ring) makes an invisible ink that can only be read if coated with a chemical.The first part of this book talks about men spies, what about the women spies? There were many women spies. This book ends with a spy vs spy batttle with the Americans combimed with the French soldier against the British which is 17000 vs 8000. I liked how at the end the American/French captured the British soldiers and General Cornwallis surendered.

You might want to read this book if you like reading history books about the revelutionary war.

Article posted December 2, 2011 at 02:06 AM GMT • comment • Reads 52

So far my book The Fighting Ground is about a boy named Jonathan finally fulfilling his dream ( becoming a soldier.) Jonathan is being very brave to fight in the war. Jonathan has been shooting with all his might toward those awful Hessians that are fighting as well. That war has past and Jonathan is now wondering off but then he hears a noise and it 1 hessian No Wait! 2 hessians !and there’s another one. Jonathan is now surrounded by three hessians as the oldest one call’s out what I think is Spanish words the other one of them gets out a rope and ties to Jonathan. Jonathan is trapped and he can’t get out what is going to do. But he does nothing.

Jonathan has been walking for what seems like hours now still with those rude Hessians. They suddenly stop and so, so does he. They stopped for a reason the reason was that they heard a familiar noise it was the sound of a cow across the pathway into the forest so they cross and listen out for the noise again and there it was. Walking into the forest suspiciously they saw a cow with a dangling chain from its neck. It is waiting to be milk Jonathan says and the Hessians let him and that’s just a brief of what happened then.

All the soldiers are sleeping and Jonathan is free to do whatever he wants and he realizes that he can go and be free and he also realizes he can do what a real soldier would kill the Hessians. So he takes a gun loads it and aims at the oldest hessian but he can’t do so he unloads the gun and gathers the boy he found sitting in a cupboard for who knows how long, before he heads on his way because he can’t leave him behind who knows what the hessians will do to him. Jonathan has walked with the boy in his arms for more hours until he sees a light and realizes that it’s the Corporal and his army he is joyful but they don’t know who it and one them say it’s the missing soldier and corporal recognizes him and Jonathan is now safe and sound with his army

I hope to read more and that Jonathan will be safe on his journey!

So far,in Tolivers Secret  Ellen is taking the bread to her grandpa's friend, when she arives in the wrong city. So, she now has to travel, what she thinks is ten miles but soon relizes it is 13 miles. What suprized me is that she ask a man named Mr. Murdock to help her get there. He then tells her it is 13 miles to get to her destination. If onley they had cars back then. Mr. Murdock then takes her to his house. His wife is a little crazy in my opinion.Tolivers pants are very wet so she trys not to let her take them off. After that she runs out side and forgets the bread inside.

The book I am reading is called  Keeping Room. I like the book because there is lots of action.  For example, Joey lit a little hut on fire that  the Redcoats where sleeping in! I also liked it when Joey kicked a Redcoat in the leg because the Redcoat was pushing Joey.  I didn't like it when the Redcoats started to hang people in their yard. I think this book is a very good book and you should read it too.                     

So far, the The Keeping room  is about the British coming and taking over the Kershaw 's house. After joey's father went to lead his town in war of the British he was in charge. In at least 1 week his dad's  trop was done for. About 4 days after wrods the British came to Camden,SC and took over the Kershaws house. The British took Joeys father and thrue him in jail. Joey went to see his father in jail his father looked old and sad the British have changed him. After thier chat the British took his dad to England. When Joey got home the British moved the family to a deseased caben. The first night they slept there Joey moved  every one out side and lite the caben on fire. The british saw him and held him hostage his family was sent to England and he was left to the British. Alone and cold chaned to the keeping rooms wall he was sad.

So far, Guns for General Washington is about Will and Henry Knox going out to get guns and cannons for General Washington. My favorite character is Will Knox because he's the main character and he's brave. I liked when they got the guns across the lake after they first got them.I didn't like when the cannon fell into the river because they got held up because of that.You might want to read this book if you like adventures and Revelutionary War style books.

Article posted November 30, 2011 at 01:12 AM GMT • comment • Reads 124

So far,  Toliver's Secret is about a girl named Ellen Toliver who dress up like a boy for her grandfather and has to get a message to General Washington. She got on a british boat with the message inside the loaf of bread. My favorite character in the book is Ellen because she was shy and the more I read the braver she gets.I didn't like it when one of the british guy almost took the loaf of bread. You might want to read this book if you like books with a children going on adventure. 

Article posted December 13, 2011 at 02:21 AM GMT • comment • Reads 55

So far, this book is about agirl named Gope that is fetting kid naqpped andtrying to get back to her family.My favorite character in the book is Hope because shee can bedaring but gentle andshe can be  intelligent but curious.I liked when th red coat men came and just did tiribble things to the family because there was just so much energy in that part of the book. I didn't like when mother Thomas got the poxs ithought that Hope was never going to get back to her family. You might want to read this book if you like to bevery on going and to feel like you are in the book.

Keeping Room

So far, this book is about Josephs dad going off to war. The British captured him and put him in the British jail. At the end, they write to each other and his dad wrote "I will be home soon".

My favorite character in the book is Joey (Joseph) because... Joseph is my favorite character because he is brave and bold and I like those sort of people. He is also a nice kid because he thinks that the British should not take over their land (its kind of obvious).

I liked when Captain Harkins saved Joeys life. Captain Harkins was a nice man to Joey but Joey did not like him because he was one of the British who tore and ripped the Keeping Rooms floors and walls. Captain Harkins got killed because of Joey.  Captain Harkins jumped in front of the bullet to save Joeys life when the red coat shot.

I didn't like it when Joey had to look at people being hanged in his own front yard. I would NOT want to see that because your stomach might get the jitter flies and you might faint.

You might want to read this book if you like American History and wars. This book was really good(in my opinion), I suggest you read it.

Article posted December 14, 2011 at 12:33 AM GMT • comment • Reads 52

I liked when Ellen finally got to the Jolly Fox Tavern and gave the bread to Mr. Shannon. The best part in Toliver's Secret was when she had to ride the British ship to get to Elizibeth Town. I felt bad for Ellen when she didn't arrive in Elizibeth Town. I thought that it was funny when she had to get her bread from a boar. At least the boar was on a rope so it couldn't get her. The book Toliver's Secret was a very good book.   

Article posted December 6, 2011 at 04:32 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 124

So far, Fighting Ground is about jonathan fighting in this group of solders and found this little boy the boy is not with his parents.But later on the found his parents dead.They also heard that the corporal killed them.

My favorite character in the book is jonathan because he is helping the little boy and he is the main character.                                                                                                                                                    I liked when they found the little boys parents because it was sad and made the book good.

I didn't like it that the corporal killed his parents.

You might want to read this book if you like something to wait for the next time you are reading this book.

So far, Guns for General Washington is about 2 boys named William and Henry with help of their troop that they formed on the way. They have had to go over rivers in boats, Oxen and Horses have had to help them through the deep snow, Sled over icy rivers and climb steep mountains. I thought it was very sweet how William pushed J.P out of the way when the big cannon was tumbling down the mountain towards them. They just made it to the top of the steepest mountain and back down. I can't wait to read to the end.

http://www.widgipedia.com/widgets/OT1/iDraw_13181.widget Hi I'm Anna. I love to sing, dance, an act. I am the youngest of 4. My oldest brother is at NC State. I like to compete in dance competitions and watch T.V. I also like to read.