RJRE

Germans vs Romans 05/03/12
My Trip 03/22/12
Curaçao 03/13/12
Aruba 03/12/12
At Sea 03/11/12
Half Moon Caye 03/10/12
Weather in Florida 03/09/12
My Prezi 11/29/11
Art 11/22/11
Voicetread 10/12/11
My Eye 09/12/11
Quiz 09/09/11
Welcome To 7th Grade 09/07/11

In Mr. Water's class, we had to write a 5 paragraph essay about comparing German and Roman culture.

Once a upon a time there were Romans and Germans, two very different civilizations, The Germans were farmers and herders. They lived in a clans, which are groups based on family ties.. The Germans favorite pastime was dancing, feasting and drinking. The Germans had their own culture, but it was based on Romans ways. The biggest differences were in lifestyle, laws and warriors. Rome was wealthy and farmers gave up their farms to the wealthy. This made big difference between the rich and poor.

The life of Germans and Romans were unlike in many ways. The Germans lived in huts. The huts had long thatched roofs. The Roman farmers lived in crowded , unhealthy apartments. The Germans lived in small villages while the Romans lived in cities. The Germans lived with their animals in their huts. The Germans liked dancing,feasting and drinking. The Romans had gladiatorial games and parades.

The laws of the Germans and Romans were not the same in many ways. The Romans laws were written down on Twelve Tablets. However, the Germans did not write down their laws. Instead, the laws were told to them by their family members and were memorize. The Roman Emperors could change the laws. The German rulers' could not change the laws, unless approved by the people. Under the Germanic laws not all people were treated equal. However, under Roman laws people were all treated equally under the law.

The German Warriors and the Roman Army were unlike in many ways. The German warriors loved battle which was linked to their religion, They had swords and wooden shields, they carried these items with them at all times. The Germans received their sword and shield at boyhood. The Roman army had standardize equipment and they were a professional army. The Romans had spears, daggers, shields and shoes. These items were given to them when they got a position in the army. The Roman army was well trained and had lots of discipline. The German warriors had no fixed plan of attack, they just fought wherever they wanted. The Roman army was paid for their services. The Germans were not paid, but some time they received wealth and adventure.

In conclusion, life for the Germanic tribes was different from that of the Romans. The simple village life of Germans contrasted a lot to life in the Roman cities . The Germans laws didn’t treat everyone fairly but the Romans laws did. The Romans had a professional army and Germans were expected to be fighters. Comparing two major civilizations is complicated because there too so much information and they have left us a lot of their ideas.

I went to Panama, Costa Rica and Aruba and Curacao and Half Moon Cay and Florida. I saw sloths and monkeys and birds.

My favorite part of my trip was sitting on the beach in Half Moon Cay and swimming in the water. The water was so clear and there was no rocks at the bottom. The sand was so soft and when you put your hand in the water, you would pick up the sand and it would fall off your hand.

Half Moon Cay is the private island for only Holland America Line, which is a ship line. I love going on Holland America Line because they make the best pancakes ever and they have the best crew ever. I made friends with a crew member named Durma. He was so funny and nice.

This is the weather report for Willemstad, Curaçao.

Cloudy and the temperature is 79 degrees and sunrise is 6:43 am and sunset is 6:46 pm. Wind is 12 mph.

This is the weather report for Oranjestad, Aruba.

Partly cloudy and the temperature is 79 degrees. Wind is 10 mph from the southeast.

Sunrise is at 6:53 am. Sunset is at 6:54 pm.

This is the weather report from the sea between Cuba and Haiti:

Sunny with a few clouds and temperature is 70. Wind is 34 mph from the northeast.

The water temperature is 79 degrees.

Weather in Half Moon Cay is sunny and the temperature is 80.

Position 24 degrees 41.00 N, 0 .76 degrees 01.33, W

Wind 33 mph and water temperature is 79 degrees.

Today is partly cloudy and the temperature of 76 degrees and the. wind is blowing at 4 mph

1. The battle I reseached was The Battle of Marathon.

2. My group did work well and I was the effort of the Battle of Marathon.

3. I looked in the book and I found the info very helpful and I used the book

You can enter the text of your blog here!