GHPE

by teacher: Rye Alumni

Title: Antarctic Flag (04/10/11)
Description: If Antarctica had a flag, what would it look like? Explain.

i did this because i really like drawing with makers and i think the car thing that drills the hools are inttaresting i like panguins

Since Antarctica doesn't have a flag it was our job as students to design a flag for Antarctica, this is my flag. The light blue on my flag represents the color of the ice, and the dark blue represents the color of the ocean water. In Antarctica there is a place called the dry valleys that is what the brown on my flag is showing. The yellow stripes show the sunlight because during the summer in Antarctica the sun is always up. I drew a penguin because they are the most common animal in Antarctica. The snowflake is there because in Antarctica there is almost always snow on the ground and it snows a lot. White stripes just show how white Antarctica is.

In our science class decided to do something that no one has ever done, and that was to make an Antarctica flag. Antarctica doesn't have a flag because not country owns it there was a truce between some of the countries in the world to protect it. I drew my flag this way because it would be the best way to fit the things I wanted to put on it. The penguins on it are from Antarctica thats why I put them on it. The snowflake is on it to show there is snow on it but it gets less precipitation than the Sahara desert, so it is a giant desert. I put a map of Antarctica on it because it shows how big it is and the shape of it too.

The reason my Antarctic flag is white,blue, and brown is because I believe that those are the only colors that are really in Antarctica. I also did brown because instead of water underneath the ice, like the North Pole, Antarctica has dirt and ground underneath. I also put snowflakes and the Earth on my flag because as you probably know, Antarctica has very much snow and ice so I thought it would be appropriate to put some snowflakes. I put the Earth because no one really owns Antarctica, we all share it.

This is my flag of Antarctica. I put the continent in the middle to represent the land. I put one penguin on the flag to show that Antarctica is very barren, and does not have much wildlife above the ice. The background color is blue because the ocean is blue and the ice is a blue gray sometimes. The penguin is standing on a chunk of ice as if floating in the ocean.

Article posted March 18, 2011 at 05:32 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 62

On my Antarctica flag I have some different things. One of the things that is on the flag is a penguin. He is in the center of the flag. The reason I put him on the flag is because in Antarctica has a lot of penguins living on the edge so he should be the state bird. The two cylinder like shapes on the two sides of the flag are ice core samples. There are a lot of scientists that take these core samples and tests them to see what happened in the world before. I have created a motto for Antarctica, The coolest place on Earth!

This is my flag for Antarctica. I made this with Antarctica in the middle and features of Antarctica around it, like the penguin, killer whale, mountains, and seal. Antarctica is white because it is glaciers, ice, and snow. Then I made the background blue because it surrounded by water. For my features I drew an emperor penguin, and a gray seal. This is my Antarctica flag.

This is my version of the Antarctic flag, seeing that there is no flag. I created this because it has a picture of Antarctica with no markings, meaning that it is a free land that nobody owns. The drawing of Antarctica also means that it is still much so a land of opportunity, and you can fill the empty spaces on Antarctica, with your country’s name. Also “In Cold We Freeze” is a pun on “In God We Trust”. This motto has a hidden meaning also, it's really cold. So this is my Antarctic flag.

Since Antarctica has no flag, I thought it would be appropriate to design and color a flag that would fit this far away place.  I put the outline of the ice-capped landmass on a penguin head because I knew there were many penguins on and around Antarctica. I made not of the special places on Antarctica, like McMurdo station.  I wish Antarctica could use this flag because that would be very cool!

Since Antarctica isn't owned by just one country, they don't have a flag so in science class we made flags for Antarctica. This is what I think a good flag for Antarctica would be.

Antarctica Flag

Article posted June 16, 2011 at 02:43 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 65

The design for my Antarctica flag was based on the designs of the many flags from different countries that have bases in Antarctica. The center of the flag was a mix of the different centers of flags. The sun was from Argentina, the wheel was from India and the big red dot and stars was from China. The Y shape was from South Africa, the cross was from England and Australia. I chose the colors based on the colors of the flags. These are the reasons why I made my Antarctica flag the way I made it.

I made this because the Shackleton expedtion was a very important event in Antarctic history. I also made the motto of,  "stay warm or die!" because it kind of relates to the NH motto, "live free or die, " and that why I choose what I did.

Unfortunately I could not find my flag so I’ll have to describe what it looked like. It was a blue background with a small circle. Inside the circle there was a penguin, and above it, there were three banners translating to “the Earths Last Frontier”.

My Antarctica Flag is the way it is for specific reasons. First of all, even though it is white (snow), I used other colors because they are kind of bleak. Also, in the middle of my flag, there are a bunch of random flags. These are meant to show that Antarctica is free land owned by no one, but can be researched by anyone. This also explains my logo.

I made my flag the way it is for one main reason: it shows the continent's independence. In the middle of the flag I put 8 completely random worldwide nations to show that everyone can access Antarctica for research. Also, in case you can't read it, in the very center I put the motto that would fit: Used by everyone, owned by no one. The reason I chose the colors white, brown, and black as the flag colors is that they seem like bleak colors, and all Antarctica is is a big bleak desert. This is why my flag is the way it is.

This is my design for the flag of Antarctica. I put a penguin and seal on it because those are the only animals that go on top of the ice besides the wingless fly. For the background I put the outline of Antarctica.

In Science class we designed a flag for Antarctica, because Antarctica does not have a flag because nobody owns it. I chose to draw penguins on the flag because that is one of the first things people think of when you say Antarctica. I also chose to put the outline of Antarctica in the background. I chose blue to represent the ice.

This is my Antarctica flag that I made in Science class for a homework assignment. Antarctica is does not have its own flag because it is not legally owned by a certain person. Many people in my class made their flag with an animal from Antartica, mine has a penguin that is in Antarctica. I enjoyed this assignment, i thought it was a fun activity.

This is a flag of Antarctica. I made this for Antarctica because it does not have a flag. I put icicles on Antarctica because it is very cold, and snowy there. I drew a map of Antarctica with McMurdo Station on it, because I wanted everyone to know where the United states base in Antarctica was. The reason that there is a seal is because seals are one of the many animals that live there. Penguins are, too. Did you know that it is illegal to touch a penguin in Antarctica? Well even though you can't touch them, they are cute, and there are a lot of them on Antarctica. That is why I drew two of them. The reason that I wrote "The continent with no owner," is because it is true. No one owns Antarctica, But many countries are in agreement on the ownership.

This is a flag i created for Antarctica. Antarctica is not owned by anyone, so our assignment was to create a flag for it. I used white for the snow, blue for the water, and grey for the ice.

This is a flag of Anarctica that we made in science class. We have been studying what scientists do when they are there. My flag has a blue background because Anarctica is full of blue water and ice. I put seals and penguins on my flag because they are the only animals there that live above the water. I made Anarctica green because it is land. This is my ideal flag of Anarctica.

My flag of Antarctica is a pretty good example of how their flag should look like. In the center of the flag I made was Antarctica. I chose to put that there so when people look at it they know what Antarctica looks like. I chose to put glitter in it to represent the amazing ice. I put a penguin in the upper left corner to show they had penguins. I put another penguin in the middle right hand spot to show they also had different types of penguins. I also put a seal in the lower left hand corner to show they also had seals. I left the back round white to show snow. That's but not least I put Antarctica in the lower right hand, to show that if you hadn't already known it was Antarctica.

This is the flag that i made for Antartica. We made these flags in class, because it does not have a real flag. So we decided so see what flag would be the best. i did Earth with the animals that live in there on the flag. So that people could see what animals live there.  Then i did the stripes on the backround so that the earth would stand out and the American flag has stripes on it.

I chose the colors of the Antarctica because Antarctica is mostly ice so blue fit the color of the flag. I had the shape on the flag in a sort of mountainous way because Antarctica has lots of mountains in the middle. This is the reason why I made my Antarctica flag this way.

This is my flag that I created for Antarctica. I made this flag because in class we have been talking about Antarctica and our teacher mentioned to our class that Antarctica didn't have a flag because it wasn't owned by anyone. So, she gave us this assignment, which is to creat a flag for Antarctica. I decided to creat a flag that has a big star in the middle, because a star represents independence. I decided to do the animals around it because there really isnt anything else there in Antarctica. I chose the animals that i did because they are the most known by people around the world that live down there in Antarctica. This is why i creted a flag for Antarctica and why i made it the way i did.

In Science class I made this flag for Antarctica. I made it like this because of the many countries that have bases on the continent. I took each flag for each country and drew it in a portion of Antarctica.

This is a flag  I drew for Antactica. No one owns this massive continent, so it doesn't have a flag. I thought to make a circle in the middle because it is a common flag design. I drew the South Pole inside the circle because the South Pole is in Antarctica.It also gives people a sense of where Antarctica is if they don't know. The whale, penguin, and seal are there because they have those animals in Antarctica. I put a sliver of browns below the ice to show that there is land, and a sun to show that they have a lot of sunlight there, even though it is very cold. The background is blue because it reminds me of water and ice, which this continent has a lot of.  I chose to write "Land of Discoveries" as the nickname because there are scientists making discoveries there every day. I wrote Antarctica because that is the name of the continent!

This is my flag i drew of  Antarctica. I drew the theomometer on the side for how low the temputres the ca get to be in this freezing continet. I drew the snow flakes because in Antarctica they usually have many snow blizzards. The mountains in the backround represent the high snowy hills in Anarctica. The penguin is in my flag because i learned that the penguin is one of the most popular birds in Anarctica.

This is my flag of Antartica. I choose to make this flag this way because when you think of Antartica most people think of penguins so i put a large penguin over the continent of Antartica. I made antartica has a lot of ice and the color for ice or cold is blue so I made Antartica blue. The next step I took was making Antartica glow i didthis really just to add affect and because Antartica is at the bottom of the world so it glows.

tThis is my antarctic flag. I made it to repersent all the famous antarctic things. Each bubble on the flag has a place of which has a base or owns part of antarctica. No one owns antarctica but some places take care of it. also the bubbles repersent the famous sea and the snow flakes repersent the snow. I also put a penguin in there beacuse when you think antarctica you think penguins. I think my flag repersents antarctica very well.

I chose this flag because I feel like it represents the Antarctic climate and culture well.

I chose to draw this flag this way because it has the out line of Antarctica and the blue is for the cold water.  The white is for the ice, it is very plain because Antarctica is very plain.

I drew it this way because in the antartic the animals are penguins,and whales,and seals. and i put them all on iceborgs because there are iceborgs floating in water.

In science class we have designed a flag for Antarctica's because Antarctica does not have a flag.  On my flag, I did a drawing of the continent in the middle, with penguins surrounding it.  Penguins are one of the few animals that live in Antarctica, so I think that they are a nice symbol for the continent.  My writing was in blue because Antarctica is very cold and I think of blue as a cold color.  I left the outline of Antarctica white because most of Antarctica is covered in snow and ice.

On my flag that I made, I made it at a side view. When I drew the ice, I wanted it to be jagged and pointy. I also drew under the ice, under the ice I drew the algae on the bottom of the ocean, and how it floats up to the ice. I also drew the air bubbles that are formed right under the ice.

This is a flag I created for Antarctica because it does not have a flag. I wrote the word Antarctica in blue because it stands for the blue skies and the cold weather. I also drew Antarctica with a penguin family in th middle, the penguin family shows the wildlife of Antarctica. I drew the continent in rainbow colors because I think it shows all the colors of other counties flags because no country owns Antarctica. Overall I think my flag resembles Antarctica.

This is the new flag for Antarctica. In this flag it represents many things about Antarctica. The back round is 2 different colors. If you didn't know Antarctica is bright all summer and dark all winter. On the flag there is one side that has a sun with light colors like yellow, orange, and red to represent summer. On the other side is a moon with blue, and purple to represent winter. In the center of the picture is the outline of Antarctica. Inside of it are 13 flags. Those 13 flags represent the countries and continents that have a station in Antarctica. I think Antarctica's flag would look like that.

Article posted March 18, 2011 at 07:02 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 64

This is my flag I created for Antarctica. I created this flag because there is no flag for Antarctica. I used the moon and the sun because in Antarctica it is only dark for twenty-four hours or light for twenty-four hours. The background is blue on the right side of the picture because of how it is on the same side as the sun. I made the left side have stars and be darker because it is night. I wrote Antarctica on the right side because of how it looked blank and no one would recognize the flag without the name of where it represents.

I chose to make this flag  because the penguin is a large part of the life in Antarctica and they are one of the most interesting animals in the world (in my opinion). I put the Emporer penguin and the Macaroni penguin because the emporer penguin is the largest and it has a yellow marking on the side of its head, the Macaroni penguin has orange feathers on its head and that is what made it be called a macaroni penguin. Also I put jellyfish on each corner because they inhabit almost all of the climates in the world and Antarctica is one of them. I put starfish in the border because when Ms. Ellwood brought back pictures she had some of starfish and these are a few of the colors that they are. I wrote that it is the coldest continent and wrote below zero in ccrazy letters and I wrote that it is the windiest continent and I drew a picture of wind on the other side. I worked really hard on this flag and I really liked learning about Antarctica.

Antarctica is the only continent/country without a flag to represent its qualities. Usually, the colors or pictures displayed on a flag represent its qualities or something well known about the country. I drew each thing on the flag because it represents something in Antarctica. Thi mountains and ice represent terrain in the country which consists mostly of ice and mountain ranges. The penguin and whale represent wildlife in Antarctica. There are many animals and plants that live and grow beneath the ocean surface but almost none at all live on land due to the harsh conditions.

I chose the penguin because penguins like it there. It's nice and cold. I used a map of Antarctica because that's what the flag is for. I used blue color because it's a cold area and there's water all around it.

I did the flag the way I did because it is different from your normal flag and it is SO much cooler.

We have been studying about Antarctica. Did you know that the only two animals that live in Antarctica are penguins and seals? They usually live near the shore line. We were asked to make a flag for Antarctica because, just like the United States of America has the American Flag, Antarctica needs one too. it was really fun to create the flag and I really enjoyed the project!

This is my Antarctic flag. It has a pole on the left because that's where the south pole is.

On the right is a reaserch station because there are so many of them in Antarctica.

The reason i chose tot do my antarctic flag the way it is because of Antarctica has penguins and many of the colors i used. I chose the penguins well obviously because there is a ton of penguins but the colors i chose represented the things in Antarctica. The turquoise represents the alga at the bottom of the oceans and the lakes. The three blue colors represent the water. The yellow represents the sun.

Y

The yellow is for the summer when its always light. The purple is for when it's always dark in the winter. The blue is for the ice and the water on, in, and around Antarctica.

in sience we made a flag for antartica because antartica dos not have one

This is my flag of Antarctica.  It has a penguin on it because Antarctica has penguins.  The writing is blue because blue usually means cold.  The backround is white because it could be a blizzard.  The blue lines around the edges are just to create some action in the picture.

This is the Antarctic flag. I chose do make my flag like this because of the large mountainous terrain and the rocky hostile environment. I drew the sun and the moon, because during their winter it is always dark out, and during their summer it is always light out. I chose the color red because of the researchers jackets, I chose blue because of the water, I chose white because of the ice, and I chose black because of the different animals, including penguins.

This is my Antarctica flag. I drew a penguin on it because Antarctica is home of the peguins, and I colored the sides blue because of all the ice and water down there. I also wrote the country's name at the bottom, and at the top put the saying "The land of many nations." I put that there because so many countries have set up camp sites and experiments down in Antarctica,yet not one country owns this beautiful place.

This is my flag of Antarctica. I have some of the animals that live there (the seal and penguin). You might wonder why I have a plane on my flag, but if you went there a plane would be a huge part of transportation. It took 27 or more hours of flying!. The background I chose was a gradient blue, signifying the ocean in the continent. The big circle in the middle with body of land is actually in the shape of Antarctica. Throughout the entire flag I used blues and water colors, because Anarctica is made all of ice! If used red or orange, that would signify heat and sun, which is not a good example of Antarctica.

Article posted March 18, 2011 at 04:17 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 61

My flag is all based on Antarctica. The border are the flag of all the countries stations in Antractica. In the middle is the map of Antarctica. I put four of the animals that live in Antarctica in the corners. I did the circle around the map green and the backround pink so that it would make watermelon colors. This would be a good flag for Antarctica because ist shows the wild life, and it shows that no one country owns Antarctica,many countries do.

I drew this as an artartica flag, because Antartica is not owned by an one country or place. So a bunch of diffrent places own it so i drew the flag of every place that owns antartica. Thats why i drew this flag.

Antarctica has no flag since it is not owned by anyone. In my flag I drew Antarctica a with a penguin inside. I also came up with a saying that fits it very well, "Living on the Edge."

This is my Antartica Flag that I created. I put these colors on my flag because when ever someone says Antartica I always think of blue and yellow that is why it is on my flag.

I added the penguin, the whale, the bird, and the seal because these are the animal that I think of when I think of Antarctica. I also think that these animals represent this state very well. I also chose to write Antarctica in blue because I think it represents the water and ice, because ice is a big part of Antarctica. I chose to add waves to represent the weather. Most of the time it is windy ao I think the waves are a big part of this picture.

This is a project that we worked on in science class.It is a flag that I have designed for Antarctica (since there is no "official" flag). The reason why I drew a moon and a sun is because in Antarctica, in the summer, the sun is always up, even in the middle of the night, and in the winter the moon is always out, even in the middle of the day. The reason why I left the background white is because antarctica is covered in almost all white.

You can class we were tools to make a flag for Antarctica because it has no owner. i did the one star because it is owned by the world. i chose these colors because i think of snow water and ice when i think of Antarctica and those are mostly the colors of the water snow and ice. i chose to draw a penguin because they a native to the antarctic region so what better to do then a penguin  i just chose to do a circle in the middle and this is y idea for the antarctic flag

We made these flags because Antarctica does not have a flag so we drew what we with thought it should look like. I drew because penguin have a habitat in Antarctica and only Antarctica. I drew the penguin on the edge of the ice because all wildlife lives on the edge

This is my flag of Antarctica. It is of a bird flying over the seas of Antarctica. I drew a bird because it symbolizes the few living things in Antarctica. It is flying over the ocean because there are a few seas and oceans there. I wrote Antarctica to show what the flag is about. The background is orange because the sun is always up during the summer and the sky  would look orange. In the winter the sun never comes up. That is my flag for Antarctica.

In science class, we had an assignment to make a flag for Antarctica, since it is owned by many countries and has no flag. My idea was to find out the meanings of different colors and then create a flag based on those, and using cool colors, the way many flags are just three or four colors arranged in a certain way. I chose to make a three bars, one of white, to represent snow, one of blue, to represent peace, and one of turquoise, to represent calm and tranquility. The two bars of ivory and beige in the middle of the flag together represent the unity of the countries owning Antarctica.

This flag is made for Antarctica. I drew a sun, since it is the sunniest place in the world. I also drew a star because it can be nightime for a long time there. I also drew a snowman saying "brrr," since it the coldest place in the world. I left the backround white to show that Antarctica has snow and ice basically covering all of it.

Article posted March 18, 2011 at 04:27 PM GMT • comment (1) • Reads 41

My Flag, has a lot of colors that you can see in Antartica. Antartica doesn't have that many colors, but the animals like the penguins have colors like , yellow, orange, white and black. I drew a picture of a penguin, near water. It's kinda shaped like a puzzle, which makes it unique. It's not really what someone would picture as a flag, but more as a picture or a painting.

This is a flag I made to represent Antarctica.

My Antarctica flag has the sun and moon, a mountain, a thermometer, and lastly a drawing of Antarctica. The Sun and Moon resemble the days and nights. In the summer, of Antarctica, the Sun is always up so it's always day. In the winter, in Antarctica, the Moon is always up so it's always night. The pyramid stands for the snow mountains around Antarctica. The thermometer stands for the cold tempuratures. Lastly, the drawing of Antarctica stands for Antarctica of course.

This is the flag that I drew up to represent Antarctica. I drew a base camp to show that there are no homes on Antarctica and so they only have base camps and field camps that they stay in while they are there. I drew a vehicle at the bottom to show a sprite which is one of the main vehicles that researchers use to travel across the land of Antarctica. I drew a seal and a penguin which are the main animals that live there. They do have some extra animals however they very rarely research animals other than those in the picture. I drew a dive hole in the ice to show how the researchers get all of their data. I drew a cool kind of design at the bottom representing the white snow. It looked a little plain so as most flags have I added a sort of little design on it to make it look a little bit more interesting. That is my flag of Antarctica.

Antarctica has no flag because no one owns Antarctica. So the 7th grade science has designed our own flags on what we predicted the flag would look like. I drew how the summer looks in Antarctica and how the winter looks too, I decided to do this because it shows what Antarctica looks like.