Copyright (c) 2014 by RapinderDD Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
RapinderDD -- Blogmeister

Rapping Rapinder

Denton Dynamos 2011-2012

Welcome to our 4th grade class! We love receiving comments. Please, if you wish to comment, leave a URL or e-mail address so we can respond back to you.

by RapinderDD

teacher: Denton Dynamos

I just read an amazing blog by Ross. I really like how he backed up his information, according to his blog “I also think school uniforms have boring colors. For example, my school only has green and blue. I think they should have more cool colors like turquoise, neon green, black, or red. Kids like brighter colors better.”Ross wrote about why we shouldn't have to wear school uniforms. I can relate to not wanting to wear something.

I was forced to wear Indain clothing on my uncles wedding. I thought the colors were really boring. It was only white. I like brighther colors. Also it was uncomfortable I didn't get to wear my normal jeans. I couldn't move around. It was very hard for me to do anything.It was a very hard day. Clothes should be comfortable.           

You should get to wear anything you want to.

New York Sport Teams

New York has two sports teams for every sport. For hockey it's Rangers and Islanders for, Football it's Jets and Giants and for basketball it's Nets and Knicks. They are great and it is very lucky for New York to have two sport teams, because we have two chances to be the best.

Rangers and Islanders are both really good teams. They are great at skating and go very fast. They all shoot with the puck really good. Rangers and Islanders are great teams.Jets and Giants are amazing at what they do with their quarterbacks leading. Jets quarterback is Mark Sanchez and the Giants quarterback is Eli Manning. Thanks to  Eli Manning's great passes he and the Giants won the Super Bowl 2011. The Nets and the Knicks are great teams but you shouldn’t just watch basketball you should play it too because everybody can play it if you can’t shoot you can pass.When I was watching the superbowl the crowd was crazy all of them wearing green some had dyed their hair green. You should have watched how loud they got when New York Giants won!  

New York is very  unique.   

Bud Not Buddy is a Riveting book! The Author is Christopher Paul Curtis.The characters in this story are Bud,Bugs Mr.Calloway,and the Dusky Devastators of the depression. Bud carries a suitcase with him every where he goes he does this because inside the suitcase are his treasures, all the stuff his mom gave him. Inside the suitcase their might be the answer to the man who is his dad. Their is a picture of him in his suitcase labeled Mr.Calloway. Bud remembers when ever she saw this picture she would start bursting into tears.

Bud lives in a foster home because his mom died and he doesn’t know who his dad is. Bud leaves the foster home because he goes to a foster family that's really mean to him.

So after forcing the family's son to pee in his pants, and being locked in the garage. He leaves their house. Bud doesn’t go back to the foster home because he meets bugs. Who ran away from his foster family too. Bugs wants to go west,and never come back to the foster home.

Bud agrees,but when bugs jumps on the train to go west bud can’t make it. So he decides to go west but go to Grand Rapids. When he starts moving he meets a man named Lefty Louis. So he tells Lefty that he ran away from home but he tells him he ran away from Grand Rapids. So he drives him all the way there ,while their driving Bud thinks Lefty is a bad guy. He thinks this because Lefty has a box he doesn’t want the police to see. When he reaches Grand Rapids Bud walks into the room and see’s a bunch of man talking with each other. He Figures out they are the Dusky Devastators of the Depression. Bud ends up living in their house. Bud loves there music. Eventually he finds out that Mr.Callow is his Grandpa.

Bud Ultimately does find family the family are the Dusky Devastators of the Deppriosion!

All About Basketball

Basketball is the best sport ever. If you know the basics its really fun. Everybody should play basketball.

Dribbling/Stealing and Picking

Dribbling is when you hit, the basketball in the middle of your palm and the ball bounces back. If somehow you stop dribbling you either have to pass or shoot but you can’t move anymore. You are not allowed to dribble with two hands. If the ball is passed to you don’t have to dribble right away. Stealing and picking are to different things when you pick you knock the ball out of the opponents hand when you steal your are the one that actually takes the ball.You can steal and pick but it is very hard because when you knock the ball out of their hands you

Passing/interception

A pass is when you throw the ball to your teammates.There are two main kinds of passes bounce pass,which is were you bounce the ball on the floor to get the ball to your teammate. the other is a chess pass were you hold the ball chest height and pass it to your teammates. Interception is when you block a pass,that was in the air.

Shooting/Blocking

A shoot is how you score points. The main way  to shoot is called a jump shot were you jump and shoot. A shot counts as two point’s unless, you shoot behind the three point line.  Blocking is were you put your hand up to make the ball reverse on the opponent. blocking doesn’t always work. You have to realize when your opponent isn’t shooting.

Court

The court is the place were the basketball players play.Every team has their own court.  The court has a foul line half court line and three point line. The foul line is were you shoot if somebody fouled you. The Half court line shows the middle of the court, and shows the teams symbol. The three point line is if you shoot behind it you got to shoot to win.      

These are the basics to basketball. What are you waiting for stop reading and go play!            

In September we had hopes and dreams.Which was important because I found ways to improve myself.Like being a better football player I did this by having catches with my friends and  get faster. My goals that I did not accomplish was to be a better writer. My reasons were because I don’t like writing as much as other subjects,I’m not good at spelling and Stories don’t come to me quickly. My last goals was to be a better reader I will do this by putting post its about stuuf I don't post like connections. Also I will read for a long time.

I don’t like writing as much as other subjects. When Mrs.Parisi says “It’s writing time,” I groan and think why I can’t be home right know.Also at home when my mom tells me to practice “why don’t you practice writing.” I pretend I have more home work or make another reason. I really don’t like writing.  

I am horrible at spelling . This makes writing hard for me because I have to keep erasing my words. I think does the i come first or the a,and this wastes my time and I spend my writing trying to figure out words. Then I got really behind and start panicking and barely finish.

Stories don’t come quickly to me so I take half an hour to think of a story. I just sit their tapping my pencil and trying to figure out a story, and trying to force myself to think of an idea.It takes me forever I just can’t think of ideas.

I will put post it about things I don't post it. To help me become a better reader. Like connections I really don't post them,beacuse I don't reconize when I shoud l post it connections. I will try to reconize when to post it connections.

Also I will read longer,wich will be easy since I like to read. I will read for at least one hour and post it everthing that needs to be post ited.

I will work on writing and reading by practicing all of the skills,and trying to make writing  more fun for myself. I hope to achieve these goals soon.   

Article posted October 19, 2011 at 09:31 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 150

It was a burning hot day, Mom and I mom knew this ride would cool us down.

Me and my mom sat on a huge log. We started going up from the bottom to top I could see other rides,gigantic lines and people enjoying each other. Also I could see red colors, yellow color, blue colors and white color and I could see a crowd of people. waiting for the water to come. 

We started turning,finally we stopped turning I knew what was going to happen next... we went pummeling down! I was as scared as a turkey in November! When we reached the bottom water splashed all over us. It was every where I coudln't even open my eyes. It was even going higher than my mom and I.

We got soaked it was so cool I couldn't wait to go on together!  

Article posted September 22, 2011 at 07:58 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 389

7 Random Facts

The important thing about Rapinder is he plays basketball.

He has a sister named Manvir.

He likes the color red.

He plays video games.

His favorite food is pizza.

He is in Mrs.Parisi’s class.

He helps his dad keep the car clean.

But the most important thing about Rapinder is he plays basketball.

Article posted September 14, 2011 at 05:37 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 156

I have lots of goals for fourth grade. One of my goals is to be a better reader. I will achieve this goal by reading at night, so they’re no distractions. Also read fiction books because it my favorite genre and I can read at my level. Another other goal is to be a better writer. I can do this by writing four stories weekly and practicing grammar. My last goal is to be a better football player. I will accomplish this goal by having catches with friends and go on a team. I hope to achieve these goals.

By Rapinder

Rapinder loves sports. His favorite is basketball. He always plays with his friends and family.Also he loves to play with his friends.