Copyright (c) 2014 by JordanaDD Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
JordanaDD -- Blogmeister

Denton Dynamos 2011-2012

Welcome to our 4th grade class! We love receiving comments. Please, if you wish to comment, leave a URL or e-mail address so we can respond back to you.

by JordanaDD

teacher: Denton Dynamos

Article posted June 14, 2012 at 01:12 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 482

Our BrainPop Trip

By: Jordana

My class had a field trip to Manhattan where there was an office where people make brainpop things.  I am going to tell you about some things that are on the desk  there, things we saw, certain kinds of really cool rooms there, and things we got to do.  If you would like to see pictures click here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lparisi/sets/72157630112688240/.  I think it was a really cool trip.

The things that go on there is really cool.  One person was working on games.  I thought the game guys mouse was cool.  Some people were drawing pictures on a cool black pad attached to the computer.  The person giving us a tour sat on a ball when he worked because he liked to move around and bounce up and down.  Some people had two computers and some people only had a laptop!  I was surprised.

There were lots of things we saw.  There were many meeting rooms there.  There was even a really big office bigger than the meeting room!  Mostly all the doors to rooms were glass.  It was also very quiet there.  There were some very cool materials to use the computers and in the meeting rooms like the chairs and how they spin.  I thought all the materials they used were awesome.

There were some very nice rooms there.  There was a kitchen there.  On Wednesday the counter would all be full of food.  There was a comfy looking room with soft, comfortable chairs.  There was also a room with a T.V. in it.  It was to play games and stuff.  It also had a couple of candy machines in it.  There were about three meeting rooms and five offices.Those were some of  coolest rooms I have ever seen.

We got to do some things there too.  We got a long tour around the whole place.  We got to see a brand new game coming out.  We also got to go into a meeting room and watch a video about how to make a movie, but before we watched the video we got paper stripes and we had to put them in order and we got to check the answer from the video.  We also drew storyboards then had a artist draw one.  I thought it was fun.  

I had a great time at the field trip.  It was really fun and awesome.  It lasted a long time, but it only seemed like an hour.  I like how the videos are funny and help you learn.  The games also help you learn and are fun.  It was very cool seeing all of these things.  I loved seeing them.

My Spring Break

By:Jordana

I just read a blog called “My Vacation” by Hakon I thought it was really nice.  It was about what he did during the spring break.  His blog said things like “I was playing with my best friend”, “ We played games like Halo and left 4 dead” and “We went on the computer and played Roblox online with each other”.  It made me think about what I did for spring break.  

I was so excited.  I was going to go to places like the American Girl Place.  I was going there with my friends.  That is one of the great places that I visited during my vacation.  I knew I was going to have a lot of fun during my break.

I went with my friends to the American Girl Place.  When we finally arrived to American Girl Place we went to the cafe.  There was great food there.  The bad thing was, was that the people who served us were very bad at their job.  They forgot about some of our orders too.  Every time we needed them they would ignore us like when the boy saw us he went into the kichen and got a full box of dirty plates and hid his face behind it.  So after the cafe we went to customer survice and complained about them.  After that I got my dolls ears pierced too.  I got a box of earrings with it too.  It was a little challenging to take out the earrings and put them back in.  Also, something that really suprised me is...

that her earholes were BIGGER than mine!  I thought it was a miracule.

I had a great time during my spring break.  I had so much fun even though I didn’t travel anywhere.     

Article posted April 25, 2012 at 04:48 PM GMT0 • comment (6) • Reads 208

New York’s Wonderful Sights

By: Jordana

New York has a lot of wonderful sights just waiting for you to see them.  Some places you should see are the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum, Central Park, Times Square, and Fifth Avenue. Those are some of my favorite places to visit in New York.  

The Statue of Liberty is one great place to visit in New York.  The Statue of Liberty was given to New York by France.  It is 305 feet tall.  There are 357 steps in it.  Imagine walking up all those steps!  Even if you did then it would be worth it because you could see a fabulous view from up there especially during a sunset.  I love going there on my dad’s boat.  It would be a great place to visit in New York.

The Empire State Building would be another great place to visit in New York.  The Empire State Building is the tallest building in New York.  The Empire State Building has 102 stories in it!  One time when I was on a tall highway I saw the Empire State Building.  It was really tall and shiny too.  So sometime if you visit New York then you could visit it.

The Madame Tussauds Wax Museum is also a good place to visit in New York.  There are famous people made out of wax there.  Some of the people can be famous right now, like Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, and more famous people are all there in the Madame Tussauds Wax Museum in New York.  I really liked taking pictures with Taylor Swift because she is one of my favorite famous people.  It is a great place to visit , but some people are scared of the wax figures.  So you should go there sometime if you can.

Central Park is also  great place to visit in New York.  It has lots of stores and restaurants in it.  There is an ice rink in Central Park so there are also fun places you can go during the winter.  You can also visit some zoos there too.  I like going to Dylan’s Candy Store there too.  Dylan’s Candy Store is very big, it is 3 stories high.  On the top floor it has a giant gumball machine about as tall as a van and a cafe.  On the second and first floor is all candy.  There are many fun places to go in Central Park.  

Another fun place to go in New York is Times Square.  You could go to the museum called Ripley’s Believe it or Not, it is where people do incredible things like a real live world record book.  There is also ToysRus, Hershey World, and M&M world.   All of those places are fun to go to.  Also you could go to the Marriot Hotel and go to the revolving Buffet.  So ask your parents if you could go to New York for the Summer.  You would have a lot of fun if you do go.

I also like going to Fifth Avenue.  There is Rockefeller Center.  There is also the American Girl Place too.  There is a cafe, hair salon/ear piercing, outfits (some can be for you and your doll), and dolls.  I love going there with my doll.  I always go there with matching clothes.  That is one of the places I love best about Manhattan.   

There are so many other fun places you could visit in New York, the ones I just mentioned are only a few places in New York that I like the most.  If you have never been to New York and these places sound fun to you then ask your parents to pick New York as a vacation place.  If you do come to New York then I hope you have fun and take lots of pictures.

Article posted March 8, 2012 at 03:21 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 207

Bud Not Buddy

By: Jordana

Have you ever read a book so boring that you had to put it down in the middle of reading it?  Well today is your lucky day.  Go to your nearest book store and look for the book “Bud Not Buddy.”  Trust me it will blow your mind.  It will surely make you fall out of your chair.  It is both funny and sad.  There are a lot of cliffhangers within this book.  I will tell you a little about the book.  It will kind of be like a summary of this exciting book. I am not going to tell you too much just in case you want to read the book so I don't spoil the book to you.

Bud Not Buddy is about a boy named Bud.  He doesn’t have a family.  He always carries a suitcase around that holds all his personal things. The suitcase also holds all of his family pictures and clues to help him find his family.  The suitcase also holds memories of his mother before she died. One day he got taken to a foster home. but the family was really mean to him. he left the foster home at night because he did not like the family because they put him in their shed, so he ran away. When he left he went under the tree of the library. While looking in his suitcase that day he thinks that a guy named Herman E. Calaway is his father.  After that day he goes on an adventurous journey and meets new friends on the way.  He meets his family in the middle of the book, though some people that he meets are not his family but they are considered his family though. At the end he finds out a secret.  If you want to find out what the secret is then read the book and find out.

When you read it I bet it would have been the best book you’ve ever read.  After you get the book and finish the book comment on this blog and tell me about it and how you liked it.  

A Pink Girly-Girl

By: Jordan

I am going to tell you about me.  My favorite color is PINK, my favorite store in the whole wide world is JUICY COUTURE, and my favorite celebrity is SELENA GOMEZ.   

My favorite color in the whole wide world is PINK.  You may have heard that PINK is a very Girly color. In my opinion it is, but some other people might not think so.  I have been loving PINK since I was in kindergarten and now I am in fourth grade.  I have been loving PINK for 5 years!  That is a long period time!

My favorite store in the whole wide world is JUICY COUTURE.  I buy almost all my clothes there!  If you go there then you will see that the whole store is all PINK. There are purses, dresses, coats, shoes, perfume, headbands, charms, charm bracelets, necklaces, and bathing suits and much more!

My favorite celebrity is SELENA GOMEZ.  My favorite song from all her albums is Hit the Lights.  I know all the words the song Who Says.  I know that her favorite color is GREEN and that her favorite animal is a tiger.  She usually wears a T-shirt and leggings.  I know a lot about SELENA GOMEZ.  I am her #1  fan.  Those are just some facts I know about her, I actually know a lot more than that.

Those are just a few of my favorite things.  They are descriptions of me, as a pink-loving girly-girl.  They are about my favorite color, my favorite store, and my favorite celebrity.  Those are the things that made me a pink-loving girly-girl.  There are more but these are the main ones.

My Hopes and Dreams for 2012

I like writing goals so  can become better through out the year.  In September my goals were to become a better reader, learn more division, and be faster in math.     I achieved all of my goals.

I achieved the goal, being a better reader by reading at least 30 minutes or more.  Just by doing that I moved from a level S to a level W, that is 4 levels!  

I achieved  the goal, learn more division by doing a sheet of division everyday.  Now I am on G division in math facts.  My division really improved.

I achieved the goal, being faster in math by telling my mom to write 40 math questions on a paper and time me a minute to do it.  Now in my whole class I am the highest level in math facts because I never failed one test so now I am on division G.

Now that I have told you my goals I am going to tell you about my new goals for the new year, 2012.  For 2012 my goals are to still become a better reader because I want to get to level Z.  Some other goals are, to be a better artist, athlete, and to be better at science.  I hope I achieve all my new goals.

To achieve the goal, become a better reader I can read harder books and read at least 45 minutes a day. I hope doing that helps me go up more levels.

To achieve the goal, being a better artist I can buy a sketch book and a paint set so when I have free time I can draw what ever I want in it.  I hope doing that will help achieve this goal.

To achieve, being a better athlete I can play sports more often and do exercises at home.  I hope doing that will help me achieve my goal.

My last goal that I want to achieve is, being better at science.  I can achieve this goal by getting a science kit and doing experiments at home so I can see things that happen when I do the experiments.  

Those were my new goal for 2012.  I hope I achieve all 4 of my goals, but it will all be hard work but on the other hand, it would be worth it.  

Why Panthers are No Longer Here

By: Jordana

Many, many years ago panthers used to live here on long island.  We should care about a animal’s food chain because if it dies then a lot of other animals die too.

Panthers got chased away from long island so they had to swim across a little of the ocean to get to the other side.  The humans had to deal with this situation because they were the ones who chased the panthers of long island.

A panther’s food web is very important.  Since the panthers are no longer here, more and more animals that panthers eat are here on long island.  The food that those animals eat will sooner or later be gone.  There will be more deer, rabbits, rats, and mice.  Since there are no more panthers, a lot animals that panthers eat will die because there won’t be enough food for all of them.

Even if a lot of other animals would die because panthers are no longer here, if they were still here right now people would be scared to go outside because then a panther probably would have already attacked you by the time you get out your door.

Lots of animals could die from just one animals that not there any more.  That is why you should care about an animals food web.

Article posted October 25, 2011 at 02:48 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 181

My mom just got of the phone saying that my baby cousin had just been born.  I could not believe it.  My baby cousin was going to be born.  I was not going to see him being born but I was going to see him.  His name was going to be Wesley. I could not wait to see him.  I was excited to see him but I had to finish my ski trip.  I could not focus on my ski trip.  I was keep on thinking about the baby.  When I was going down a snow hill I was still thinking about the baby when SPLAT CRASH.  I had fell and went falling down a little less then half of the hill.  I got hurt only a little.  I could not stop thinking about the baby.  I was board to death when we drove back to my house.  When we finally got back from the ski trip we went to the hospital.  I was not that happy that the baby was a boy, but when I saw him I changed my mind. I thought it was the cutest and the tiniest thing ever.  Everyone admired him. Had all the attention at that moment.  I was devastated too because I used to be the baby of the family and now I was only the second youngest child. I was still glad too.  It had been the best day ever.

By : Jordana

Article posted September 22, 2011 at 07:59 PM GMT0 • comment (7) • Reads 165

7 Random Facts

The important thing about Jordana is that she likes to ice skate.

She has two dogs.

She likes the colors pink, green, purple, and blue.

She loves girly things.

Yes, it is true that she loves sparkly things.

She likes the singers Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift.

She loves designed hearts.

But the important thing about Jordana is that she likes to ice skate.