Copyright (c) 2014 by KhushiDD Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
KhushiDD -- Blogmeister

Denton Dynamos 2011-2012

Welcome to our 4th grade class! We love receiving comments. Please, if you wish to comment, leave a URL or e-mail address so we can respond back to you.

by KhushiDD

teacher: Denton Dynamos

On June 12, I went on a field trip to BrainPop.It was cool and at the same it was informative and interesting. We got to see many fun things and got to do many fun things. When I was at BrainPop, the best thing was making a storyboard and the surprising thing was that they had a game room.

The best thing for me at BrainPop was making a storyboard. A storyboard is like an outline of what you’re making. It is such a creative idea . I really liked making a storyboard because I can do an outline of any creative thing . It was a realIy fun activity. I am looking forward to make storyboards again because it’s easy to work with . This is what I liked the best at BrainPop.

The most surprising thing for me at BrainPop was that there was a game room at BrainPop. I was surprised because BrainPop was an office and in offices there are no game room. It was also awesome because whenever you want to play you can just go to the game room. I was kind of avid because I don’t have a game room they do. I really felt like going in the game room and playing some games. That kind of suprised me when I was at BrainPop.

I had a great field trip to BrainPop. I was in an ecstatic mood that whole day. I learned a lot there and I did so many fun things there. I loved the field trip to BrainPop. I hope I get to go there on again.

I just read a really good blog “My Vacation” By: Catherine. In her blog she had said” Overall, I had quite a boring vacation but I rather stay home than go out”. She said that because she didn’t get to do what she wanted to do. This reminded me of the vacation I didn’t get to do what I wanted. This is what happened. One summer break, me and my brother were planning to go to a camp called “Camp Mosaic”, but my mom and dad told us that one of my cousins, Aditya, was coming to New York from Switzerland. He was going to stay with us. We were happy that he was staying over at our house, but we were also sad that we couldn’t go to the camp. I remember going to Switzerland to his house last summer. We had an awesome time, meeting people, looking at some new places, playing games, etc. We were looking forward to having the same fun again. We also went to the mall and did lots of shopping. Also we went to restaurants and celebrate parties. Everyday was a late night and morning started at noon. It was like we were teenagers. We didn’t do all of this in years. We all loved the experience of going outside.All of us had a awesome time. It was really fun with my cousin because if my cousin wasn't there , all this wouldn’t have been possible. It was time that my cousin had to leave New York. Everyone was so sad. Even though I didn’t get to go the camp , I still had an amazing summer break. We are looking forward to having such a great time again.

Article posted April 25, 2012 at 04:49 PM GMT0 • comment (9) • Reads 119

New York is one of the busiest cities in America. Millions of tourists come every year to see our attractions. There are many great places to visit in New York. Here are three of my most favorite places, The Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero and Madison Square Garden. My first favorite place is The Statue of Liberty. The Statue of Liberty was a gift from the people of France to the people of America as a token of friendship. It is a universal symbol of freedom and democracy. The Statue of Liberty was dedicated on October 28, 1886. It was designated as a National Monument in 1924. The Statue of Liberty was restored for her centennial on July 4,1986. The Statue of Liberty is the symbol of freedom to all Americans. If you go on the boat that lets you see The Statue of Liberty you can see the great view of the light green statue and you can see the yellow and orange torch. You can also go up to The Statue of Liberty.It takes you up there by elevators. This is why I like The Statue of Liberty. My second favorite place is Ground Zero. Ground Zero was once known as the Twin Towers. It is called Ground Zero because on 9/11 the Twin Towers got destroyed by the terrorist attack and there is nothing left now so now it is called Ground Zero. There is a special remembrance and honor for the men and women and children who were killed on September 11,2001. This event is the most depressing to everyone. It is my favorite important place. My third favorite place is Madison Square Garden. I like Madison Square Garden because you can go to concerts, hockey , basketball games and wrestling matches. You can go to many shows and do many activities there. Also Madison Square Garden was newly renovated last year where New York Knicks #7 Carmelo Anthony was seen helping the crew in hard hat. Also, it is widely known as the Mecca of basketball. Madison Square is a really fun place.This is why I like Madison Square Garden. New York is full of tourist attractions and lots of fun and exciting places to go to. I feel so lucky to live in New York!

Article posted March 16, 2012 at 12:48 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 193

The theme of the book Bud Not Buddy by Christopher Paul Curtis is that family is important to everyone. The main character Bud,is a ten year old boy who proves that this is true by searching for his family. He is determined to find his father who he believes to be his only living family. He does this by going to the library to see how to get from Grand Rapids to Flint, Michigan where he thinks his father, Herman E. Calloway is. He walks most of the way to Grand Rapids by himself to meet Mr. Calloway and lastly he convinces Mr. Calloway that they are family. These are the three major steps Bud took in order to find the family he needed.

The first proof that showed Bud needed family was when he went to the library to find out how far Grand Rapids was from Flint. Bud was supposed to go on a train, but somehow he missed it. So he decided to walk to Grand Rapids rather than waiting for another train. Without hesitation, he walks a very long way in order to find his family.This shows how important it was to Bud to have a family.

The second way Bud showed how important family was to him was by walking most of the way to Grand Rapids, a long way for a 10 year old boy by himself. On his way to Grand Rapids Bud meets Mr. Lewis who knows where Herman E. Calloway is. Mr.Lewis gives Bud food and shelter for the night and then a ride to Grand Rapids . This act affection made Bud more desperate to look for his family.

The last way that Bud showed how important finding his family was to him was when he confronted Herman E. Calloway while he was practicing with his band. Bud tries to convince Mr. Calloway that he was Bud’s father but Mr. Calloway does not believe him. Bud does not give up and follows Mr. Calloway to another state where he was performing a concert. Here Bud shows Mr. Calloway the stones that his mother gave him before she died. It is then that Ms. Thomas, a woman who works with Mr. Calloway, comes to realize that Angela Janet Caldwell was Bud’s mother. She tells Bud that Herman E. Calloway is his grandfather not his father. The mystery is solved and Bud has found his family.

This story shows how family is important to everyone including Bud. Bud shows this by going to the library to see how to get to where his family is, by walking most of the way to Grand Rapids by himself, and lastly by trying to convince Mr. Calloway that they are family. Bud never gave up until he found Herman E. Calloway, who was his grandfather not his father. Bud’s mom was Herman E. Calloway’s daughter. Bud had successfully found the family that was so important to him.

Article posted February 3, 2012 at 03:53 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 171

Turkish flight number Tk0720 landed at CTS international airport India. After 15 hours with my mom, dad, brother and baby sister, we finally landed. I was so thrilled to be on the ground. Now, I began to learn about my Indian culture.Firstly i saw all Indian women at the airport in sarees ,shalwar khameez with bindis on their forehead.I can’t wait to learn more about our Indian culture.

At my Uncles house, tasted many different Indian food( south Indian,North Indian) Of all the different dishes chicken tikka was my favourite. It’s delicious,but spicy. It burns your tongue with all the spices. I drank Thumbs Up a drink like coke but with less fizz in it . My favorite was the desert called Kulfi which is like ice cream but lot more sweeter.

I saw different kinds of beautiful clothes in India. I saw sarees and shalwar kameez. Sometimes in these types of clothing, they put beads or embroidery as a design.They make shalwar kameez and sarees are mostly made out of silk and cotton.The children wear clothes like us in New York. They wear jeans, T-shirts and dresses. When they go to weddings they would wear traditional clothes based on their culture or religion .

The most common majority religion in India is Hindus. and there are other different religions like the Muslims , Sikhs , Christians and Parsees also .These are all minorities compared to Hindus. All the people of different religion come together to make a community.

My family and I went to a special mosque for prayer .When we went up the steps two mosque volunteers gave us a coconut to keep on each step as we climbed each step to walk up the stairs.We have to take out our shoes before climbing due to respect before we go in the mosque

I had fun learning about my culture. I learned that kids in New York and In India are the same . I learned many thing that I didn’t knew then.It was a great experience. Now I’m looking forward to come back to India and explore more.

Article posted January 17, 2012 at 03:02 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 163

Year 2012 is finally hear. I was on a vacation with my family during the end of the last year till the beginning of the year 2012. During my vacation, I forgot many important things that I learned in school. Now I’m more far from my goals. My goals of 2012 is, I want to improve in math ,reading and music.These are the goals that I want to improve in.

My First goal that I want to improve in is Math. Since, I’m not up to the expectation of my teacher,it has become my goal to make her happy and i will do that by playing Manga High everyday. I also want to improve in my math sheets. I have to practice on multiplication and division problems too. I want to work on word problems more.I really have to concentrate on my fractions and how to add and subtract them.I want to learn how to multiply with big numbers.

My second goal is that I want to become an expert Reader.I will do that by reading regularly at least an hour. I will have to know more about the character’s traits. I need to focus on what am I reading about. I have to make sure, that I read my post-it, before I put it on the book. I have to re-read so that I am not missing any important point. I have to work on understanding, what the author is trying to say. I also need to understand the moral of the story.I will make sure that I take all the necessary steps towards achieving my goal.

My third goal is that I want to create my own music one day. For that i have to practice everyday.I will also practice my notes,so that I know them by hard. I want to memorize my songs by playing them more often. Since, I missed three weeks of music i think I am far behind in music I want to play my cello more often. I want to be really good at my cello, so I can join Nissma. I want to improve on my scales. I want to make sure that I am bowing on the right string. I want to know that I am playing the right notes.

These are my 2012 goals. Since, I have already taken steps towards achieving my goals,I hope my dreams come true.

The essay is about the effects of eliminating a part of the food web. The food web is very important in an animals life. Their life depends upon the food web and their habitat.

Panthers are usually found in Asia, Africa and America. The common habitat of panthers are deserts and forests. Panthers use to be found in Long Island long ago. Long Island use to be a remote place. Gradually people started settling in Long Island and killing Panthers and their habitat. Now Long Island is a crowed place , full of houses and people so you don’t find panthers in Long Island any more.

Panthers are carnivorous animals and they eat big animals like deer, but they also eat small animals like rabbits and birds.

If panthers are removed from the food web, there would be lots of changes in the food web.

1.The animals that eat the panthers will die.

2. There would be an over population of mammals like rabbit, birds and deers.

3. Because of the over population of mammals,there wouldn’t enough food for the animals due to which, they will die.The whole cycle will get disturbed.

It is not possible for people to live with panthers.Since, they are carnivorous, they are very dangerous and they can harm humans and pets very easily. They can destroy people’s houses and lawns. People’s life would be in danger if panthers were living with them.Living with Panther would be very hazardous for a human life.

By the whole essay we have learned that eliminating one part of the food web effects the whole cycle of the food web.The life style of all the animals gets disturbed.

BY : KHUSHI MONTEIRO

Article posted October 26, 2011 at 02:01 AM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 139

MY FIRST DAY AT DENTON!!! The first of February we were moving. I will miss my friends because I am going to a new school. The school I am going to is Denton. I hope to get lots of friends. I was wondering about the class rules. I went to the school to see who my teacher was . My teacher’s name was Ms.Depola. She was such a nice teacher. Then it was Monday. I was so excited and nervous too. My mom and my dad droped me to my class room. I had butterflies in my tummy. I was shy in front of my classmates. The students in Ms.Depola’s class were so nice and they were also funny.I was learning a lot on my first day in Denton. They have lots of classroom rules. One of their rules were, if the class gets 25 stars, they get an ice cream party.I said to my self that I’m already loving this class. Ms.Depola is such a cool teacher.She is so awesome. The classmates shared stuff with me. Everyone was trying their best to make me feel comfortable all the time. It was like I was really popular. It made me feel very happy.She is a great teacher.Ms.Depola is a creative teacher. I love Denton so much. Denton is the best.Denton is so awesome. Denton is so cool.You don't know how much I loxve Denton.Wedo so many cool projects. We do awesome things at art.There are so many nice kids at Denton.

Article posted September 26, 2011 at 08:12 PM GMT0 • comment (11) • Reads 456

The important thing about Khushi is that she loves her family.

She likes to ice skate.

She loves to write stories.

Yes it’s true she loves to draw.

She likes to go to sleepovers.

She loves to play with her friends.

But the important thing about Khushi is that she loves her family.

Article posted September 14, 2011 at 07:52 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 163

My Hopes and Dreams

By Khushi

I am starting a new year and I have some goals that I need to improve in, they are reading writing and math. First I will start with math .I want   improve by doing math everyday .I will do extra math work and I will  practice a lot  of word problems.

The second thing I need to improve in is reading .To improve in reading I promise my self  to read more books without getting lazy .I will read books that take me to a higher level and I will try to improve in my vocabulary.

I also need to improve in writing .I will improve in my dialogue and expression. I will maintain a dairy and write everyday’s happening. I will correct my mistakes and I will try not to do it again .I will try really hard to achieve my goals.