Copyright (c) 2014 by ColeDD Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
ColeDD -- Blogmeister

Denton Dynamos 2011-2012

Welcome to our 4th grade class! We love receiving comments. Please, if you wish to comment, leave a URL or e-mail address so we can respond back to you.

by ColeDD

teacher: Denton Dynamos

Article posted June 18, 2012 at 01:31 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 55

Our Trip To BrainPop studios

I woke up in the morning getting ready to go to another boring school day. It was tuesday and on tuesday it means that I have chorus and music.My mom then calls in my room and says “Cole you have a field trip today”.I get dressed and go to school.

The bus ride was pretty long. We got into the elevator and on to the 17th floor. We got split into 2 groups, then we began the tour. The first thing we did was got to the guy who works on video games. He gave us a look at the new game called Guts and Bolts. Then we went to someone else who worked there, and she told us how she makes the people move and animate everything. Then we went to learn how to make a storyboard.

Before we went to the conference room the tourist showed us the game room.Then we went to the conference room.And there we had strips of paper and then put them in order of how we thought brainpop made their videos. After we watched the video we made our own story board.   

My favorite part of the trip was seeing the Game room and the bus trip.

Article posted May 15, 2012 at 01:52 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 46

There is many different cures for hiccups like getting scared or holding your breath for 30 seconds but since I read Cure For Hiccups written by natalie.  I will now try sugar This gave me some interesting facts  for how to cure hiccups.

Natalie was sitting at her desk when she suddenly got the hiccups. Her teacher was giving out sugar since the class was singing a spoonful of sugar. From Mary poppins.

One time I was at my aunt’s house and I was eating buffalo pizza, when suddenly a gasp of air came up my throat,

I said “excuse me” thinking it was just a burp. A few seconds later “hup” there it is again

I said “what is that”,

And my sister said “are you stupid you have the hiccups”.

“O thats what that it is”.

After I asked my sister “how do you get ride of them”

she said “you could hold your breathe for 30 seconds I tried 1234 “hup”

Let me try one more time 12345678 “hup”

I said “ it didn’t work”

she said “why don’t you go in the basement“

I said “ok”

When I was down stairs I was playing x box when my sister sneaks up behind me so quiet I did not hear her so she snuck up behind me and said screamed “BOO”=http://!!

I screamed “AHHH what was that for”

‘’ I scared you so you hiccups would go away.”

‘’I said thanks it worked “HUP” no it didn’t.”

Since I read natile’s blog next time I have the hiccups  I will have a spoonfull of sugar and I hope it works !!

Article posted April 26, 2012 at 03:48 PM GMT0 • comment (6) • Reads 36

New York

I am Cole. I live on Long Island, New York. I have gone to many places in my life but I am just going to tell you about three of them. There are so many super fun places to go to in New York City, there is Time square where the ball drops on New Years Eve and the big Christmas tree is there. Also love going to Broadway and watching Annie, Mary Poppins, and The Lion King. F.Y.I. great Broadway plays. And last but not least the biggest toy store that includes a Ferris wheel.

Time Square is a super fun place it is only like, 15- 20 minutes away. Every year everyone on the earth likes to watch it on live TV. And half of those people come to see it from all over the world. I beg my parents every year to go and see it since I was six, not just for the ball dropping there is also great music performances. And for grown- ups there is bars and clubs. If you lived as close as me to time square you would always go to time square to see the ball drop, but my parents don't take me. In time square there is also the biggest Christmas tree in the world which is so cool I have been there but not to see the ball drop.

Broadway has great actors that put on great plays. I have seen Lion king and Annie on Broadway.

There are so many people there and the actors must like watching the shows because they know what they have to do. They must be confident to perform in front of so many people watching. If you want to be an actor in New York your dream is to be on Broadway. When I went to see a Broadway play there was so many people at the watching I almost felt bad for the actors if they messed up they would get so embarrassed. Broadway is big in New York.

The biggest toy store ever- in time square there is a toys “R” us that is huge it is like three regular toys “R” us’ in one. There are 3 floors the very top floor is all Barbie and different types of other dolls. My sister loves that section, on the second floor it is wily wonk’s factory, and last but not least on the bottom floor there is electronics, and what am I forgetting yeah the huge Farris wheel in the middle of everything. I went and I got a Mr. and Mrs. Potato head it was so much fun. While you are in their, employees are supposed to let people try helicopters they are amazing when I go there I always want one but my parents say no [ if you have not noticed my parents say no about a lot of things I want]. Anyway while you are walking around, you see the helicopters flying around. New York is a great place I am so glad I am here.  

Article posted March 16, 2012 at 12:38 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 42

xcjcfdjjdjdj

As a kid bud bud has many memories of his mom. He does remember that he was loved, he remembered that his mom was working most of the time and was a hard worker. The one that stands out to me the most was when ever they went on a trip bud would go for a walk. Together Bud and his mom would collect rocks and put the date on them. As a memory of the trip he would keep the rocks in his suitcase. This is just one special way bud remembers his mom.  

Bud’s  idea of family is that spending time time with his mom.And that through his memories is how he keeps his mother alive.

After being in many different foster homes and not caring for any of the people in the house that he was staying with, Bud had enough. The last straw came when Todd the other kid in the home was punhing and kicking Bud. Even though bud was hurt  in the fight Todd acted like bud hurt him. The foster family did not like the way bud was behaving and sent him to sleep in the shed. As he sat there he started to panic and broke the window open with a rake and escaped! Bud ran back into the house and grabbed his suitcase. Bud decided at that point it was time to get out and go on his journey to find his farther. Bud keeps the suitcase close to him because in the suitcase holds memories of his mom and information about who his dad might be.inside the suitcase is a fly-er witch tells where who his dad might be. Bud believes that once he finds this man he will meet his dad.

Bud meets a man named Lefty Lewis who gives him a ride into town.  Lefty Lewis takes him to where he believes his dad is, Bud finally gets to talk with his dad [Herman e. calla-way]. After speaking to him he realizes he found his farther. He tells him about his mom passing away, the farther is said. In the end bud winds up with a farther and  Herman e calla-way finds a his son. Together the make a famly.

Article posted February 1, 2012 at 12:54 AM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 44

All about Football

Football is a sport with a couple of other sports in it. Those sports are hockey be cause of the violence and rugby witch is almost the same sport as rugby but with a different colored and shaped ball. Soccer is barley anything like football in soccer you are not allowed to use your hands but in foot ball you are use your hands all the time except from when you kick field goals punt it or kick the ball off. In Italy they call football soccer.

How to play offense

on offense there are usually 9-10 players on the field. Five of those people are blockers, the blockers job is to block the quarterback so he could have enough time to either hand the ball off or throw to one of his recievers. The runingbacks job is to listen where the coach tells him to go or if the blocker does not make a hole for the running back to run in he has to run where ever he can. the quarterback’s job on offense is to find receivers that are open and throw it to them and give the hand-off to the running-back cleanly without fumbling, fumbling means to drop the ball that is pretty much all that fumbling is. And last but not least is the wide receivers and tight end’s.Wide receivers and tight end’s both block but when they are not blocking they are trying to beat their defenders and try to make a catch and score a touchdown.

Defense

On the defense their is also 11 men on the field.The positions are conerbacks, line backers safety, strong safety, and the defensive line. The conerbacks job is to guard the wide receivers And try to intercept the ball intercept means for the defense to catch the ball instead of the offense to catch the ball.the safety and strong safety’s job is to make sure nobody gets past and scores a touchdown. The whole defensive line’s job is to tackle the quarterback or make a tackle before he pases the first down line. so pretty much the defense’s job is to tackle the offense before they either score a touchdown or get a touchdown.

Rule’s/Penalties

Their are many penalties and rules in football.The penalties are holding,clipping,pass- inter- ference,off-side,

faul start,to many players on the field, and illegal formation. Holding is an offensive penalty that happens when a guarder holds the Jersey of the defender that is trying to tackle the quarterback. Clipping is a penalty when you are trying to block someone on a kickoff or on a punt and the guy you have to block gets in front of you and you push them in the back. Pass-inter- ference is a penalty that happens when the corner back pushes and shoves the wide reciver so he can not catch the ball. Off side is when you go past the line of scrimmage, the line of scrimmage is where the ball is placed before the play is started off side is when the defense passes the line of scrimmage, and faul start is when the offense goes pass the line of a scrimmage.

Football is an interesting sport with a couple of sports combined in it. Football is a very cool sport, it is my favorite sport. My favorite team is the New York Jets I Hate the New England patriots.Even though the jets did not make the super bowl I am glad the giants made it.

Cole’s goals for 4th grade

In September everyone in Mrs.Parisi’s class made goals . We made these

goals to be better, and know what to accomplish in the future. Without goals we would not know what to look forward to when we are older and how to know what we need to work on. My goals are to be able to wake up on time for School, to be a better reader and to be better at math and to know my math facts quicker then I do.

Waking up earlier .One of my goals are to be able to wake up in the morning with no problems and get to school on time. How I achieved this goal is that now in the morning there is band , intermerals and human relations club. To get up for band is pretty easy I like playing my instrument and I have no choice to go or not. Intermerals is another word for gym and i am a gym person creating more gym well that was a great idea. For human relations club i am helping the world and it is just another club where i can hang out with my friends.

Being a better reader .one is my goals is to be a better reader is not easy but i am doing i well every night I read an extra couple of minutes. Now i post- it more and i have a partner to discuss stuff with. And when we are in groups i am pushing myself to talk more and get into the conversation. When i do all these things and set strategies for myself that's how i know that i am getting better at reading.

Doing my math facts quicker and being a better math student is easy. Now that the teacher explains more on what we are doing and how to do it. Another reason is that the problems are easier that now i know my multiplication facts and i use what i know to get to what i don’t know . And the same thing with reading if i push myself into conversations more i will get it more and know what to work on.

The goals that i set for myself this year all got accomplished . I am very happy about that my teacher helped me along with allot of these goals and i achieved them all. that is my fourth grade goals. i am very glad i can set new goals for me to work on know. The easiest goal for me to accomplish this year is waking up early. the hardest goal to accomplish is math and knowing my facts quicker.

Article posted November 29, 2011 at 01:30 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 42

This essay is about panthers and how the other animals in the food chain are all affected if one animal dies. Such as if the panthers die then there is two much squirls then thier is too much chipmunks then... So if one animal dies it makes a big affect in that food chain or food web

Long ago panthers used to live on long island people killed the panthers spices and habitat. changing one thing in a food web affects everything in that food web. So now there is a majoir affect in the long island food chain.people on long island killed the panthers by building houses on panthers habitat. What humans had to do with this is that they built houses on the land and now it take away the panthers habitat and property so now they can not eat the grass or any other animals that live in free land.

3. Paragraph 2: What is a panther’s food web? Mrs.paisi this picture of the food web is on my google docs so if you want to check it, all of the questons relate to that

If the panthers get removed from the chain then there will be to many deer, too many ducks, too many eagles, too many rabbits and too many chipmunks. So if you take the panthers away, you will make a big change in the long island food web because there will be more of each animal around and less of the food they eat.

Panthers and humans can not live here together because the panthers would eat our houses,crops and other property. So,panthers could not live amoung humans because they would be taking over our land and our lives.

I have learn that if you take away a certain part of the food chain, everything in the chain will be affected so that means if you take panthers now there is to many deer and so on I think this was signed so we know that if you take one animal out of a food chain it messes up that whole chain

Article posted October 26, 2011 at 12:36 AM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 56

The Time I Went To the Beach With My Uncle

By: Cole 

I woke up, got on my bathing suite and was ready for the beach. My Uncle always comes up with great things to do, I wonder what he had planned for today. When we got to the beach, the first thing I smelt was the salt-water from the waves and heard the seagulls. We found a great spot near the water. After we set up our blanket, we jumped right into the water. The waves are always really rough. We got out in 10 minutes because I was bored and needed something else to do. We first got on our mitts and had a catch. Of course I fell in the first three passes. After we got a frisbee and started another catch when 3 other kids wanted to play. After about an hour, I heard the sound of my stomach growling, so I knew it was time for lunch. Me and my Uncle went to the best resturant in Long Beach, its called Minnesota’s. I always get the chicken fingers and fries. I could almost taste the scrumpetious brownie explosion my Uncle had ordered for us. After we finally could walk again, we headed back to the beach. My Uncle was tired, but there was no stopping me from going back into the water. We had stayed at the beach for another 2 hours. That was a great day at the beach with my Uncle!!!

Article posted September 23, 2011 at 02:22 PM GMT0 • comment (11) • Reads 45

The important thing about Cole is that he loves sports.

He loves to swim as much as possible.         

He also love’s the Yankees

He like’s the jets

He use’s his favorite colors green, white, blue and black.

Yes it’s true he likes going to the beach.

But the important thing about Cole is that he loves  sports.

Article posted September 14, 2011 at 07:22 PM GMT0 • comment (8) • Reads 42

Hopes and Dreams

By Cole

I am starting a new school year and I have many goals.  One of my goals is to become a better reader.

I am going to find a book that I’m interested in.  Another one of my goals is to wake up on time for school.  I am going to set an alarm clock.

My last goal is to be better at math.  I’m going to try harder and practice at least three days a week. These are my hopes and dreams for this year and I hope I achieve all of them!