Copyright (c) 2014 by TommyCDD Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
TommyCDD -- Blogmeister

Denton Dynamos 2011-2012

Welcome to our 4th grade class! We love receiving comments. Please, if you wish to comment, leave a URL or e-mail address so we can respond back to you.

by TommyCDD

teacher: Denton Dynamos

Title: A Visit to BrainPop (06/12/12)
Description: Today, we had the unique opportunity to visit the BrainPop Headquarters in NYC. While there, we got to see how they create movies. We also got to share our ideas for new movies. It was a very enlightening trip for all of us. Share what you learned today. Talk about how movies are made. Or maybe about what you were surprised about. How about telling us the highlights of the trip? Perhaps you were inspired to try something on your own. Let us know what inspired you.

Be sure to include:

Your favorite part of the trip
Your most surprising part of the trip
Great language
Excellent editing
A fantastic grabber and a thought-provoking conclusion
Have fun with this blog! It will be your last one of the year!

Article posted June 18, 2012 at 12:37 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 78

The Trip To Brainpop

Wow what an amazing trip! Last week we visited the BrainPop Headquarters in New York City. From the time that we arrived to the studio and were greeted by the friendly staff, until the time we left it was a fun filled day! For those of you who are not familiar with BrainPop, it is an animated educational site for kids, that teaches children subjects such as math, science, social studies, history and many other subjects. It also has GameUp an educational game site.

I was first introduced to this site last school year. When we were asked to go and visit the site,  I was skeptical to use it because  I thought it would be a boring assignment. But let me tell you, I was totally wrong! I was so surprised to discover that the animated movies help me understand and enjoy the lessons. You don’t even realize that it is an actual lesson! This school year is really when I got the most learning out of it because Mrs. Parisi  has encouraged us to use it more. We use computers in the classroom almost every day, so in my class you are almost forced to do it, but in a fun way.

While we were at the Brainpop Headquarters, we were informed of how they make the mini movies. If I can remember correctly the order would be... Someone sends a good email question to Brainpop. Next, a  team of people research the question using textbooks and other sources.  Then the animator creates a storyboard, to make it look colorful and interesting. Then the writers write a script to go along with the storyboard.  After that, the animator creates moving images. Then they record the voices of Tim and Moby and mix the voices with the images to make it look real. Finally, the Brainpop people upload the movie into their site. This is how they make the Brainpop movies.

The trip to Brainpop was a spectacular trip, but surely my favorite part of the trip was learning how they make the movies. I was really amazed by how many people were involved,  and all the work they have to do for just a five minute mini movie!  But after all, they do put a ton of information in the movies.

Brainpop is a great site for kids. Tim and Moby help to make the lessons interesting and fun. If you are looking for something different to do, then BrainPop is the site for you.  I hope you like the site, because I do!

My BrainPop Field Trip

I went on a field trip to BrainPop with my class. It was about how they make BrainPop’s games, and movies. I got to meet different people who have different jobs for the movie’s/ games. Here is what my favorite part was about the field trip and what surprised me.

My favorite part of the BrainPop field trip was making our own storyboard. A storyboard is the script about the movie they’re making. The script is based on what the movie is about. In the storyboard I got to make whatever I wanted. It was fun making up my own story about the character named Moby.

What surprised me is how quiet the office was. I thought that it was going to be a little loud, with a lot of meetings going on. But the meetings are in a separate room, behind the closed doors. I also thought that all the artists, and all the people that make the games will talk to each other, and share ideas. But every person was working by himself or herself. That was REALLY surprising to me.

BrainPop people explained how childern can write letters to Tim and Moby. In my class, we got two sheets of paper. One of the papers was the letter that said, Dear Tim and Moby. You can ask any question you want on that letter. On the second paper you have to write what do you want other people to learn. When BrainPop gets the letters, they do the research, so they can answer the questions, and they will make it into a movie. So everyone can learn about those answers.

It was so much fun learning about BrainPop and how the movies and games are created. I think the BrainPop is a great site to learn. It has a lot of games, and movies to learn about anything you wish. If you ever go to the BrainPop website, do you think that all the BrainPop games and movies are educational?

Today I went to the BrainPop Headquarters in Manhattan and I had a lot of fun. My Favorite Part of the trip was when I saw One of the people Make a new Game for Game Up,Guts and Bolts was the name of the game. Also while I was the I saw a amazing artist drawing Tim and Moby In an adventure with the setting 1765 in a destroyed house which was destroyed by the war. The Most Shocking part of this field trip was when My group was in the tour we saw a game room with pictures on the wall and a XBox Kinect!!! https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/tN1rXZLJAcox2zRXxjRVixGttmxf2Y9uyaD_AKIvLQlAfCkOIKqeCOOUVP5mhDZMUBsXgAkZytblH_sAHGAQpbQPrb8UoC1JCqiMuRbIxSncq-j7-vs" target="_blank">https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/tN1rXZLJAcox2zRXxjRVixGttmxf2Y9uyaD_AKIvLQlAfCkOIKqeCOOUVP5mhDZMUBsXgAkZytblH_sAHGAQpbQPrb8UoC1JCqiMuRbIxSncq-j7-vs" />When I saw this I was in great confusion on why they would have a fun room in such a quiet place. But The person who was helping us with the tour told us that they had the fun room to blow off steam. After we were done I was sad that we had to leave but I was also extremely Hungry. So My class went back to the school and I said to myself in my head, “This was the best field Trip ever=http://”

My favorite part of the Brainpop trip was seeing all of the skyscrapers like the Empire State Building, Freedom Tower, and the Chrysler Building. I was surprised and baffled that the people that work at the Brainpop studio eat at different times and that the kitchen is small and there is only one big table. I think the people that work there devour their food because they are working hard and will be famished. I noticed and like the good technology of the place and how nothing was in a haphazard order. Just to tell you so you won’t have to ask, I did like the trip one reason was we went into the big apple.

My trip to Brainpop

By: Jackie

Hi, my name is Jackie I am going to write about a class trip to Brainpop’s headquarters. For those of you who don’t know what Brainpop is, it’s a website where kids can learn about history, science,  math anything even insects and while you are learning you still have fun! Anyway my trip was more fun than educational . Also there were so many parts of the trip I loved even the bus ride. My favorite parts of the trip was drawing our own cartoon, and looking at  everyone's job.

One of my favorite parts of the trip was drawing our own cartoon. It was so amazing in the office seeing everyone working but, there was this one room where it was so much cooler. It was the place where the people in charge have their meetings, and I actually got to sit in the boss’s chair. Before my class and I started drawing the cartoons the tour guide show use the steps on how the people from Brainpop actually make the videos. That was a lot of fun but that's a different story. And a minute before we started to draw, the tour guide gave my class and I a real cartoon that they made into a video just in case we needed an explanation. Everyone had to have their own idea about what to write about. It took me awhile to actually find the right thing to draw about. And then I finally chose... ALIENS! I knew it sounded funny but that’s what Brainpop is sort of all about! Right in the middle of all of the cartooning an actual ARTIST FROM BRAINPOP CAME INTO THE ROOM!!! Then our tour guide asked if he could draw a quick sketch of a cartoon. It was an amazing moment and, my and I class got to keep the autographed cartoon it was like I was the most optimistic person in the whole world.

Of course I saved the best for last. My first favorite part of the trip was figuring out everyone’s job. I loved going around looking at what were people’s jobs and seeing what they are doing:P.S It’s the people who work there who were looking at. First we went to this one guy who was creating a new game called “Guts and Bolts,” he only showed us the introduction to the game but, it was still fun just watching the introduction. Next my class and I went to another guy, he is a illustrator but, when he draws he draws on a pad that is sort of like a piece of paper. So, what ever you draw on the pad it comes up on the computer. We also found this job where everyone that works there is included but, for them to do this everyone MUST have a map of the United States. The reason why everyone must have a map of the United States  is because say someone in Texas accidentally called an illustrator for help, the illustrator looks at the map and sees who answers calls from Texas.

That field trip was so, so, so much fun!!! To me that was like a one in a lifetime experience! What surprised me about this trip was the way it looked like inside the room. Cause it looked like a regular office, I thought inside there was going to be cameras, green screens, and recording booths to add sound to the cartoons and games. But, it was still a fun trip.

Article posted June 18, 2012 at 01:31 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 59

Our Trip To BrainPop studios

I woke up in the morning getting ready to go to another boring school day. It was tuesday and on tuesday it means that I have chorus and music.My mom then calls in my room and says “Cole you have a field trip today”.I get dressed and go to school.

The bus ride was pretty long. We got into the elevator and on to the 17th floor. We got split into 2 groups, then we began the tour. The first thing we did was got to the guy who works on video games. He gave us a look at the new game called Guts and Bolts. Then we went to someone else who worked there, and she told us how she makes the people move and animate everything. Then we went to learn how to make a storyboard.

Before we went to the conference room the tourist showed us the game room.Then we went to the conference room.And there we had strips of paper and then put them in order of how we thought brainpop made their videos. After we watched the video we made our own story board.   

My favorite part of the trip was seeing the Game room and the bus trip.

Brainpop

By: Nadia

On June 12th my class got to visit Brainpop Headquarters in New York City! We did lots of fun stuff! We also saw the people who create videos and games.

Our guide showed us inside. He talked about the history of Brainpop. The most surprising part of the trip to me was when the guide showed us inside it was surprising because the walls were white! I expected to see colored walls with pictures of Moby. Our guide said they just moved to that office. and not everybody working there wanted pictures of moby on the walls.

Our guide showed us the creators of games and videos. When went to the creators they told and showed us how they made videos,games or animation. One of the game creators showed us a game he just created. I think it was called Guts and Bolts. He explained to us how to play.

My favorite part was when our guide took us into a room. He gave us strips of paper and we had to but then in order.Then he showed us a video to check our answers. Then another guy came in and showed us how to make a storyboard. They gave us a piece of paper to make our own storyboards.

It was really fun field trip! I think every teacher should take their class to Brainpop Headquarters. Also, If you are a student and really really really want to go here ask your teacher. It was an astounding field trip=http://

Our 4th grade class trip to BrainPop was awesome! The trip was about how they actually make BrainPop’s games, movies, and art. I got to meet different people who all had interesting jobs.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/fwnFt41ot21TLTvieN6xqGqD3bYRCeIGMbIZ-QFpz7pRNDwPEB_XuJC62McAKBdcq28AtgtgOzm80RKurXi0KMEUeB6m43CggOaPFlC_MvPtQ-C5Rvw" target="_blank">https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/fwnFt41ot21TLTvieN6xqGqD3bYRCeIGMbIZ-QFpz7pRNDwPEB_XuJC62McAKBdcq28AtgtgOzm80RKurXi0KMEUeB6m43CggOaPFlC_MvPtQ-C5Rvw" alt="" />

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/1A3FUYVBikT8sd0ERWbXljpz57OedXxionHocGnEjl7rU22M-C5hbtSvWJtMSLKDBE8KM_xXAHB2DdHwQZOmnjCxzhsTfFQYKNvV8JPmgGWgt9dB9Y0" target="_blank">https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/1A3FUYVBikT8sd0ERWbXljpz57OedXxionHocGnEjl7rU22M-C5hbtSvWJtMSLKDBE8KM_xXAHB2DdHwQZOmnjCxzhsTfFQYKNvV8JPmgGWgt9dB9Y0" alt="" />

My favorite part of the BrainPop field trip is that we got to make a storyboard.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/oNm0dwjxV59gCWlDDgazUAcFof18kssFaOINPGaO1cSp4wUC3p4cUSXqOnCccSmzHM3Sq6296jS3wZR7Db90XTTJvH4cfYfqkEFFH2Y-nj0je0JEoAM" target="_blank">https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/oNm0dwjxV59gCWlDDgazUAcFof18kssFaOINPGaO1cSp4wUC3p4cUSXqOnCccSmzHM3Sq6296jS3wZR7Db90XTTJvH4cfYfqkEFFH2Y-nj0je0JEoAM" width="229px;" height="172px;" alt="" />

A storyboard is like a script off a movie they made. It was very fun to use my abilities and be creative. The storyboard was really really fun.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/SiLmIFmAu2BOtV-s2o82hquAlvyEJrWOerBaH7G4BafC-SrlQhd7eXo-r5jd2BJ68WrwHpmjxAfqtjfaxvV70GAbywNRBS3z6O7jLc-iMFY6UbYk5zo" target="_blank">https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/SiLmIFmAu2BOtV-s2o82hquAlvyEJrWOerBaH7G4BafC-SrlQhd7eXo-r5jd2BJ68WrwHpmjxAfqtjfaxvV70GAbywNRBS3z6O7jLc-iMFY6UbYk5zo" alt="" />

What surprised me was the offices in the building were so quiet. I literally think that you could hear a pin drop. I thought the office would have some talking and activity with people sharing ideas, but that was not what I saw or heard.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/rquLztA5pxILInG0z239jUvF0Ux-EohEi0yeiQnnPGmJ4AIvU5jCjAAPpulKePWkDzwtdxwlX7xaTZBGDo4sk6MT9tg8hKZGIjQYcPTmAxpZJzK2xiU" target="_blank">https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/rquLztA5pxILInG0z239jUvF0Ux-EohEi0yeiQnnPGmJ4AIvU5jCjAAPpulKePWkDzwtdxwlX7xaTZBGDo4sk6MT9tg8hKZGIjQYcPTmAxpZJzK2xiU" alt="" />

That was the surprising part of the field trip for me. I really enjoyed going on a field trip to BrainPop. I had a great time exploring all the different jobs the people had. I loved this field trip!

When I went to the Brain Pop head quarters in Manhattan for a feild trip,  I was very ecstatic when we got to draw on our own storyboard. That was my favorite part of the trip because it was like making a movie just with no motions. I also liked the game room and meeting the person who created the motions for the game called Food Fight. But  I liked making my own story board the best.

Even though my favorite part of Brain Pop was making my own storyboard that is not my most surprising part of Brain Pop. When I went to Brain Pop my most suprising part was knowing that the person who does Tim’s voice in Brain Pop lives in Hawaii. It was very surprising to know that the Brain Pop head quarter is not only in New York but also, there is one in Hawaii. That probably means that he works there.

Brain Pop was an awesome place and I really want to go there again. Maybe next time I can find out different facts about Brain Pop. I would learn more facts and eventualy I will be an expert and when I grow up I could work for Brain Pop. I really liked going to Brain Pop with my class.

Brain pop field trip

By: Cristian

On the  field trip to Brain Pop therer were a lot of things. But my   favorites was the game room. And the thing that was standing out the most to me was how long it takes to make a movie.

On the field trip to Brain Pop there were a lot of things but the game room is my favorite. It is my favorite because it had such cool things. It had a huge TV. With an Xbox connect. It also had candy machines it was so cool.

On the field trip to Brain Pop there were a lot of things but the most surprising thing was how long it took to make a movie . It has a lot of steps from a story board to uploading on to the Brain Pop website. Surprisingly it only takes two and a half weeks when a game takes nine months!.

On the  field trip to Brain Pop there were a lot of cool things

On June 12, I went on a field trip to BrainPop.It was cool and at the same it was informative and interesting. We got to see many fun things and got to do many fun things. When I was at BrainPop, the best thing was making a storyboard and the surprising thing was that they had a game room.

The best thing for me at BrainPop was making a storyboard. A storyboard is like an outline of what you’re making. It is such a creative idea . I really liked making a storyboard because I can do an outline of any creative thing . It was a realIy fun activity. I am looking forward to make storyboards again because it’s easy to work with . This is what I liked the best at BrainPop.

The most surprising thing for me at BrainPop was that there was a game room at BrainPop. I was surprised because BrainPop was an office and in offices there are no game room. It was also awesome because whenever you want to play you can just go to the game room. I was kind of avid because I don’t have a game room they do. I really felt like going in the game room and playing some games. That kind of suprised me when I was at BrainPop.

I had a great field trip to BrainPop. I was in an ecstatic mood that whole day. I learned a lot there and I did so many fun things there. I loved the field trip to BrainPop. I hope I get to go there on again.

Article posted June 14, 2012 at 01:12 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 50

Our BrainPop Trip

By: Jordana

My class had a field trip to Manhattan where there was an office where people make brainpop things.  I am going to tell you about some things that are on the desk  there, things we saw, certain kinds of really cool rooms there, and things we got to do.  If you would like to see pictures click here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lparisi/sets/72157630112688240/.  I think it was a really cool trip.

The things that go on there is really cool.  One person was working on games.  I thought the game guys mouse was cool.  Some people were drawing pictures on a cool black pad attached to the computer.  The person giving us a tour sat on a ball when he worked because he liked to move around and bounce up and down.  Some people had two computers and some people only had a laptop!  I was surprised.

There were lots of things we saw.  There were many meeting rooms there.  There was even a really big office bigger than the meeting room!  Mostly all the doors to rooms were glass.  It was also very quiet there.  There were some very cool materials to use the computers and in the meeting rooms like the chairs and how they spin.  I thought all the materials they used were awesome.

There were some very nice rooms there.  There was a kitchen there.  On Wednesday the counter would all be full of food.  There was a comfy looking room with soft, comfortable chairs.  There was also a room with a T.V. in it.  It was to play games and stuff.  It also had a couple of candy machines in it.  There were about three meeting rooms and five offices.Those were some of  coolest rooms I have ever seen.

We got to do some things there too.  We got a long tour around the whole place.  We got to see a brand new game coming out.  We also got to go into a meeting room and watch a video about how to make a movie, but before we watched the video we got paper stripes and we had to put them in order and we got to check the answer from the video.  We also drew storyboards then had a artist draw one.  I thought it was fun.  

I had a great time at the field trip.  It was really fun and awesome.  It lasted a long time, but it only seemed like an hour.  I like how the videos are funny and help you learn.  The games also help you learn and are fun.  It was very cool seeing all of these things.  I loved seeing them.

Wow! I just went to BrainPop’s headquarters and it was amazing! I was surprised to learn that BrainPop has lots of Computers instead of drawing pads. They did have some drawing pads though. https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/NfAmXnPNMoR4pp8Zcgc9jYA4_9E5HdN2QsEDNhpHy9oB-ft3dwKwuvN960rASiWjxlYQ_DElaMYUV5amtYh5oNWAmIuFQkb05xN995kVMVF84PSeLaM" target="_blank">https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/NfAmXnPNMoR4pp8Zcgc9jYA4_9E5HdN2QsEDNhpHy9oB-ft3dwKwuvN960rASiWjxlYQ_DElaMYUV5amtYh5oNWAmIuFQkb05xN995kVMVF84PSeLaM" width="100" height="100" alt="" />https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/XdKXfd5mZVdqwRRZvpF_Pg7t44ShP21I-HpUJU4xHYqvcetDbsxeinFRYSYTGshpXl53tvSo7_G527BhVPpUjtMOBg4E3voOekCkunF_REx7yfsL-0I" target="_blank">https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/XdKXfd5mZVdqwRRZvpF_Pg7t44ShP21I-HpUJU4xHYqvcetDbsxeinFRYSYTGshpXl53tvSo7_G527BhVPpUjtMOBg4E3voOekCkunF_REx7yfsL-0I" width="100" height="100" alt="" />https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/mfAJiIht2HI04QdpAxDHKKzFSaS0jywR259eNL88nVtOW5mSEEtYDXBXPs7WKuxUuE_mAC0y-tT-94vEilNR-vHcb03WioO0SgR14pjI-nEewMouR_E" target="_blank">https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/mfAJiIht2HI04QdpAxDHKKzFSaS0jywR259eNL88nVtOW5mSEEtYDXBXPs7WKuxUuE_mAC0y-tT-94vEilNR-vHcb03WioO0SgR14pjI-nEewMouR_E" width="100" height="100" alt="" />https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/M6Q1j4jwGfugOXbF_NOorgN5hP5SQNtB7r1X_GVmPGUQ9IhcPjd8SrkED8vgtkgY7IaRwBMIaisaq4gaRQnpK-x79pMogAfqi-MVHx_Bh3sYNxNeAMY" target="_blank">https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/M6Q1j4jwGfugOXbF_NOorgN5hP5SQNtB7r1X_GVmPGUQ9IhcPjd8SrkED8vgtkgY7IaRwBMIaisaq4gaRQnpK-x79pMogAfqi-MVHx_Bh3sYNxNeAMY" width="100" height="100" alt="" />

Our Trip To BrainPop

By Aroob

This field trip was one of the best I had ever been on before. This is the story of how our field trip went.

I was finally out of the classroom feeling the fresh air. I hear the motor of the bus. As soon as we got out we got into the bus. The BrainPop Studios were all the way in Manhattan, but it wasn't the longest field trip I’d been on.The ride was bumpy, but I didn't get too sick. Me and my friend were trying to entertain ourselves by trying to find the Empire State building and we found it. We finally got out of the bus. As soon as I walked out that bus, I felt like I had just caught a bad case of hunger.  We got inside a big building. We had to split the class in order to go through the elevators. The Brain Pop Studios was on the 17th floor. It didn't take long to get there.

When we got to the 17th floor we could see the astudios were made with a lot of money. While we passed by the workers of BrainPop, we saw that one of the workers  had a bouncy ball to bounce on. What really surprised me was that all the workers had a room with bean bag chairs,movies, and even a Kinect  Box, an and X Box. But the Tour guide told me no one rarely went there.

Next, we saw the cafeteria, which increased my bad case of hunger. Then we moved on to a private room. The walls were made of glass but no one would know what you were talking about if they weren't in the room. So if your out of the room, you could see them, just not hear them.

My favorite part of the trip was making the storyboard, because when we were making the storyboard we all had wacky ideas. One kid said, “ Moby is General Washington crossing the Delaware, with his loyal subjects, until he sees King George with his dancing army. So then, Moby puts on his radio and starts dancing. That's how Moby Washington stopped the Revolutionary War.” That was a really funny one. We had and artist sort of draw a comic strip. He drew Moby with his loyal subjects,with King George an his dancing army. After that we were pretty much done with the trip. We went on the bus back to school, an the rest of the evening went on back to normal. I kept on thinking how much fun we had there.

I had a lot of fun at the BrainPop Studios, and I cant wait to go there again! It was one of the best trips ever!   

Article posted May 8, 2012 at 11:45 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 50

I read Selma’s blog about school uniforms. Her blog makes me think of when I had went to preschool in a private school and I had to wear uniform.

I did not like wearing it.Some kids like wear clothes they get to pick out and have all the sequins.I moved to a public school that started with kindergarten and it did not require us to wear uniforms.School uniforms are very itchy.They also expensive to by the whole set you will also have to buy knee high socks and black shiny shoes and then you have to buy a gym uniform to wear on days you have gym.

For boys you will have to buy dress pants shiny black boy shoes.

With regular clothes children can express their feelings and creativity