Copyright (c) 2014 by MichaelDD Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
MichaelDD -- Blogmeister

The Best Of Michael-

Welcome to our 4th grade class! We love receiving comments. Please, if you wish to comment, leave a URL or e-mail address so we can respond back to you.

by MichaelDD teacher: Denton Dynamos

Today I went to the BrainPop Headquarters in Manhattan and I had a lot of fun. My Favorite Part of the trip was when I saw One of the people Make a new Game for Game Up,Guts and Bolts was the name of the game. Also while I was the I saw a amazing artist drawing Tim and Moby In an adventure with the setting 1765 in a destroyed house which was destroyed by the war. The Most Shocking part of this field trip was when My group was in the tour we saw a game room with pictures on the wall and a XBox Kinect!!! When I saw this I was in great confusion on why they would have a fun room in such a quiet place. But The person who was helping us with the tour told us that they had the fun room to blow off steam. After we were done I was sad that we had to leave but I was also extremely Hungry. So My class went back to the school and I said to myself in my head, “This was the best field Trip ever!!!!!”

I just Read,Everything With a Beginning Has a End by Jonathan. I really liked his blog. I really liked the part when he said, “made me think about the time I wanted to Read a book,

“And you can’t slow it down,

Thinking of all the possibilities”

It made me think about the book The Diamond Of Darkhold (The Last Book Of Ember) and I had to finish the book with one day left and I wished I had more time, thinking about all the possibilities I can do if I could wait to finish instead of rushing to finish. But I remember how it started:

It started when I woke up and noticed I had one day left before I had to return it to the Shelter Rock Library. I was really nervous. When I was reading it I was really liking it but it was soo long. It was 299 pages!!! I told my mom that I was going to finish the book today even though I had no choice. So I started reading. I was on page 261 out of 299. I was happy because I had 38 more pages before I would be done. Then I went to my room to start reading. By 10 minutes I was on page 270 and on a role. But something happened. My mom said that we had to go to the grocery store to get food for dinner.

When we got to the grocery store my mom said that it would take 5 minutes so I asked if I could stay in the car. She said ok. Good thing I brought my book and good thing my younger sister and my baby brother were at my grandma’s to not bother me. Then I started reading again. By now the was getting really exciting but by now but my mom came back so I had to stop on page 276 and then go back home.

When I came back it was time for dinner. I ate rice and beans. It was delicious. After that I had to take a shower and brush my teeth then put on my PJs. When I was done I was exhausted. So I went to bed But I remembered that I had to finish the book. After I knew I got my Book and started reading. After 20 minutes I finished. I was ecstatic. I was very tired. But I realized that now I can rest in peace.

That was what I remembered when I read Jonathan’s blog, Everything with a beginning has a End and I was at the end of the book. Now I am happy because I don’t have to worry about bringing it to the library because I am done and ready to bring it back.

Article posted April 25, 2012 at 11:13 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 85

Ice-hockey in New York

In New York ice-hockey is a popular sport. You might see kids play it on ice rinks or on TV.

New York has 2 hockey teams: The New York Rangers and The New York Islanders. Each team has a coach, the coaches for the Rangers and Islanders are (New York Rangers) John Tortorella and (New York Islanders) Jack Capuano.

My favorite team is The New York Rangers. I have went to a lot of Ranger games and I loved it but I never went to a Islander game.

Once I went to a Stanley Cup Playoff game it was the first game vs. the Ottawa Senators. They won! While I was there I noticed that it was so loud that I couldn’t even hear myself think!!! Also while I was there before the game I went on the train and I was very eager to go and I told my dad that I was so excited that we are going to the game. Also when we went to the game we got mini towels to wave when the rangers got a goal and t-shirts. Too bad that the t-shirts were extra large and not medium. Whenever the Rangers got a goal I waved my rag and was soo happy and I was, I said to myself that this was the best day ever. At the end of the game I said that today was really fun while I was leaving the game. Then I hugged my dad right before we went to the train and back home.

If you go to a ice rink you will see kids or adults on the ice with some or a lot of equipment for protection. Also some adults and kids may be playing in their backyard because their are not many courts for hockey only ice-rinks. There are also a lot of games you can play on and off the ice here are some examples-

- scrimmage (hockey mini-game)

- shootout

There are also some channels to watch for ice-hockey such as-

-MSG

-MSG+

-NBC sports

I think all hockey teams stand no chance to the New York Rangers. I know this because when I go to Madison Square Garden there are a huge amount of crazed fans and the skill level is way off the roof. The new York Islanders are a good team but the Rangers are the best to me and to millions of other people.

So now you see why hockey in New York is a popular sport.

Article posted March 15, 2012 at 12:54 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 213

Bud not Buddy    

Bud                                          Ms.Thompson

Mr.Thompson is very nice to Bud

Bud is a lonely boy who wants to find his family.                       and bud like’s Mr.Thompson.

In the story it said that his mother had died 4 or

5 years ago. Also in the book it said that bud thinks that

Herman E. Calloway is his father.

Mr. Calloway               The Dusky Devastators of the Depression                 

Mr. Calloway is not nice to                        The band is very nice to bud and bud likes that                           Bud and does not think the Bud is his son.           they are nice to him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bud’s search to find his family- In the story Bud was trying to find family or at least Herman E. Calloway. He wants to find Herman E. Calloway because he thinks that he is his father. On his journey to find Herman E. Calloway he did some crazy things. First, he tried to escape from the home he caught put in. He did escape. Next,he was going to walk from Flint, Michigan. In Addition, while doing that he met lefty Lewis. Also lefty Lewis let him stay with him until he caught back home. While Bud was with lefty Lewis, Bud said that is father was Herman E. Calloway. He said that because he really thinks that Herman E. Calloway. Also at the end when he found Herman E. Calloway, Herman E. Calloway figure out that Bud was not his son, Bud was his grandson.

Questions-

1. Why did Bud leave the foster home?--- Bud left because in the story it said that when he went to a home that was sent from the foster home, he was treated badly so Bud said that he was going to try to escape.

2. Why does Bud keep his suitcase? What in the suitcase and how does it relate to his search for family. ---In Bud’s suitcase, He has the rocks with letters and numbers that his mother gave him, a picture of his Mother and these flyer's that have Herman E. Calloway on the paper in the corner. Only one of these things in Bud’s suitcase relate to his journey to find his family. It was the flyer’s. It was the flyer’s because the flyer’s always made Bud’s mother mad. So that was why he thought that Herman E. Calloway was his father or at least part of his family.

3. What does Bud remember about his mother? What do you think these memories have to do with his ideas about his family? ---All Bud has of his mother is a picture of her, rocks that her mother got from places and the flyer’s that his mother always looks at with a glower.

4. Does Bud ultimately find family? If so, how and who is part of his family?---At the end of the book, Bud does find family. It was his mother’s dad and also Ms. Thompson along with The Dusky Devastators of the Depression. Even thought Ms. Thompson and The Dusky Devastators of the the Depression are not part of his family, They comforted him so much that to Bud, they felt like family.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bud Not Buddy Essay

We read Bud Not Buddy by Christopher Paul Curtis and we leaned that everyone needs family. We can tell that by the adventure Bud had.

One way we can sow that everyone needs family is by how he had escape from the foster home. In the story it said that he was tortured by these people that h lived from. So Bud escaped. It had worked. It showed that everyone needs family that has to be nice to you and those people were not so they could not be a good family to be in.

Another part of the book that shows how everyone needs family in the book is when Bud was looking for Herman E. Calloway. In the story Bud was looking for Herman E. Calloway Because when his mother was alive,the mother always had a wired look at the flyer’s that had the word Herman E. Calloway. So that was what made Bud think he was his father. So that is why everyone needs family.

Last for how It is true that everyone needs family is when Bud was with Ms. Thompson,Herman E. Calloway and The Dusky Devastators of the Depression. In that part of the story that shows that everyone needs family Bud was comforted by Ms. Thompson and The Dusky Devastators of the Depression. When he was comforted by them he actually felt like he was with family. He felt like that because Ms.Thompson was so nice to him and the band was giving him goodies and being nice to him. That made made Bud feel like he was home.

That is why I think Everyone needs family especially Bud.  

Article posted February 1, 2012 at 12:19 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 139

ALL ABOUT PENALTIES IN HOCKEY

If you want to know all about hockey you first have to know about the penalties. Penalties are when you do a bad play and you have to sit somewhere for a amount of time depending on the bad play.

The first penalty you have to know is tripping. Tripping is when you use the legs of the stick around the other person and make that other person fall. also when you trip someone when they on on a breakaway they get a penalty shot. A penalty shot is when you start from the middle and skate and shot at the goalie with no one in your way. A breakaway is when you skate with the puck and nobody is in front of you.

Another penalty to know is a check. A check is when you use the body on the other player and crush him to the boards. However there is and exception. If you check the other player and also touching the puck you will not a penalty.

The next penalty is called a cross-checking. Checking and cross-checking are very different things When you cross-check you hold 2 hands on the stick and use the stick to hit the player.

All of those penalties would be a minute and a half but the next penalty is so bad it is a 5 minute penalty. It is called fighting. When you fight on the ice it is very similar to regular fighting except you don’t go to the penalty box. How ever the difference between regular fighting and ice hockey fighting is that ice hockey fighting is on the ice and also when you punch you punch you have gloves and a helmet to protect you.

Know that you know about the penalties in ice hockey maybe know you can understand the game better.

THE END

HOPES AND DREAMS 2

We started hopes and dreams at the beginning of the school year. The hopes and dreams were there to make us better at things were we are not good at. The New year has begun and  is time to see how we are doing and how we can be better. Now we can  look back at our old gaols and see how we were doing then and compare how we are doing now. The goals I had  at the beginning of the school year were to go to school on time more often, become a better reader and to have better self control.

My first original goal was to go to school on time more often which has been achieved,it took hard work to do it . To achieve that goal I said in my first hopes and dreams essay, that I would go to bed earlier and wake up earlier. But after a couple of days of  trying I saw that it wasn’t working.Then my mom told me that  I need to eat  earlier. So after that conversation I started to do that. Turns out she was right!! I was waking up every day with no problem what so ever. That's when I knew that this goal was going to be achieved.

My second original goal was to become a better reader which I’m still working on. But I am trying.To prove that I will tell you that during Christmas break my mom gave me  a book about the time wen the New York Rangers won the Stanley Cup in 1994,although I am only interested in fiction books I decided to give it a try, and I can really say I enjoy it!!! It was a bit difficult to read some of the names of the players because back then the Rangers had some players from Russia,some from Finland and those names were hard to read for me, but I had my mom telling me how to pronounce it (my parents were there at Madison square Garden the night they won the cup). Know Ii know that if you want to line reading even more you have to do two things. 1 is to always pick at book that you like and 2 is to make sure that it is just right for you.

My third original goal was to have better self control and I can happily said I achieved it!! I must say that it was hard to pass because when something good happens always get over excited.  But I learned that I should be happy but not too happy. Another thing that was that I sometimes played in my desk by writing stuff on my post-its. But I learned that If you listened to the teacher you will always do good. So that was what I did to achieve that goal.

My new goal that I am going to achieved is that I will never forget my stuff at school. To achieve that goal I am going to look in my bag every time I am at car-pool to see that I  have everything in my bag so when I do forget something I can just go back instead of having do drive back.

Now with new goals,new ways to achieve those goal I think that every goal will be achieved in no time because i will work hard to achieved those GOALS=http://=http://!

!THE END!

Article posted November 30, 2011 at 04:01 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 142

Panthers               

BY MICHAEL

Long ago panthers used to live on Long Island.When humans settled here,they destroyed all the panthers habitats.Since we killed the panthers we had made a major effect to the food web.By changing this we could of made wildlife a much better life for the animals.We killed their habitat and changed it into our home.Panthers eat rabbits,deer and rodents. Rabbits eat carrots which come from sunlight,fruits,vegetables and dirt. A deer eats grass. Rats cheese and left over food.Now that their are no Panthers in our area  their are too many deer and they destroy crops,lawns and also grass because they are  herbivores and all herbivores eat grass.We could not have lived with Panthers because when ever we go outside a panther would jump and kill us. they would want to kill us because they are carnivores and all carnivores eat meat and we have meat.It would also be very hard because t we would have to bring a weapon were ever we go!! All of these are good reasons on why should never ever mess with a food chain or food web!

Article posted October 31, 2011 at 04:41 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 160

THE BIG GOAL   

BY MICHAEL                                                                 

It was a sunny afternoon and I was in  the middle of a league game with 7 minutes left of the third period.The score was 4-2 and we were losing. The line that was on the ice had a brake away!!! Then my defence man who had the puck took a shot in the air and...

!!!!SWOOSH!!!!

The defence man scored=http://! now the score is 4-3! One more goal and we tie the game. Now I am on the ice with my two teammates Ari and Fin. So now I won the face off and passed it to the defence man and he passed it to Ari and Ari passed it to Fin. I looked at the clock and saw that there is only 3 minutes left!!! So I rushed to my teammates in the offensive zone.when I came I saw that my two teammates needed help so I came to help. At the end the goalie made save so we had to have a face off.I looked at the clocked to see how much time was left. There was 1 minute left=http:// after that they dropped the puck.I won the face off again and passed it to my  defence man. After that he passed it to my teammate Fin and then Fin passed the puck to Ari.after that Ari passed it to Fin to confuse the  goalie. It worked.Then Fin shot the puck and it pounced  off the goalie and went to Ari .Ari then shot the puck and it  almost went in but it didn't. But the goalie didn't  save it either so I dove in and...

!!!!SWOOSH!!!!

I scored!!! I scored with no time left!!I was so happy that my team didn't lose and also that when I look at the score board I saw the score 4-4 tie game.So now my team’s record is 3 wins 0 loses and now 2 ties.

THE END

Article posted September 22, 2011 at 08:00 PM GMT0 • comment (9) • Reads 160

The important thing about Michael is that he loves playing ice hockey.

His favorite hockey team is the New York Rangers.

His favorite Baseball team is the Ney York Yankees.

His favorite football team is the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Yes it’s true that he loves to play his DS.

He also likes collecting Pokémon cards.

And likes watching tv.

But the important thing about Michael is that he loves playing ice hockey.

Michael loves sports but he loves hockey the best. He also loves to watch hockey and play with his I-pod touch. He also plays ice hockey and also is very competitive.