Copyright (c) 2014 by AdamRDD Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
AdamRDD -- Blogmeister

-

Welcome to our 4th grade class! We love receiving comments. Please, if you wish to comment, leave a URL or e-mail address so we can respond back to you.

by AdamRDD teacher: Denton Dynamos

goals

My goal at the start of the school year was to become a better student. I hoped to become a better student by becoming a better reader and by improving my cursive hand writing.

In order to reach these goals, I have been trying to read books at my reading level. Also, I have been trying to read everyday for a half an hour. I also started using post-its when reading to make notes about the story. For example, when I was reading the book Pedro’s journal I made smart predictions about the time period. Since I have not moved up a reading level I do not think that I have accomplished my goal as yet. In order to reach my goal, I plan on making a bigger effort to read daily and read gradually higher reading level books. I will use post-its more often and read aloud at home to improve my fluency and accuracy.

I do not write in cursive every day and have not worked enough on the goal of improving my cursive. I hope to start writing my homework in cursive so that I can get more practice.

For the rest of the school year, I will make more effort on becoming a better reader and improving my cursive writing. I will also fill out my reading log daily and double check my work for mistakes. I will also to be more organized at school.

Article posted January 8, 2012 at 05:44 PM • comment (1) • Reads 102 • see all articles